Investment visa in Pattaya

Hello,

anyone went through the 10 million baht extension of stay process at Jomtien Immigration? Can you recommend a bank which will know all the required forms for immigration or an agent that can facilitate the process?

I searched the older threads on the subject but they didn't show any specific information

thanks

Any of the major banks should be able to do the paperwork. You should not anything more than a letter confirming you bank balance and one confirming the funds came from abroad.

The from the documents required in the immigration order.

"5. Funds deposit certificate issued by a bank and a copy of evidence of the funds deposit (only in the case of investment in funds deposit);"

This from the requirement for getting the extension of stay.

"(4) Must have evidence of investing in the form of a fixed deposit of no less than Baht 10 million with a bank which is registered in Thailand and has Thai nationals holding more than 50 percent of its shares;"

I suggest you contact the immigration officee in Jomtien to see if they have any additional requirements.

• Like 1

Is the 3 million extension of stay still available? Today i have an EoS based on work but thinking about to shut down the business but still want to "keep" my EoS.

No, the minimum is 10 million.

Ok, what would you invest a 10M on in Thailand then?

I have friends who have tried to sell their properties for years without any success so i am not too keen to invest in properties, at least not for now.

Putting the money on a fixed saving accounts with 2.8% interests doesn't feel good either, neither does governments bonds....

What else?

I see, 3.6% isn't that bad, but had hope for 5-8%. But can you trust them? In my 12 years experience, Thai companies have no problems to change the rules whenever they feel for it.

Yea, it cost half here, but i spend more here than i do back home for some odd reason ;-).

Edited by TramsRepus

I think Thai Farmer's Bank offers 3 yr deposit 3.6% There's always some promotions going on. Did you think about living here for less than half of what it would cost you back home? That's a +.

'nuff said

~

Exactly which bank are you talking about when you say Thai Farmers Bank"? "Thai Farmers Bank" is the former name of Kasikorn Bank, but they haven't used that name since 2003, and the best fixed deposit rate I can find on their website is 2.8% p.a.

Sophon