Did this just drop from my body?

matt111

About a minute into the shower I notice something on the floor about 3/4cm. Stop the shower to ensure it was actually moving, and sure enough it was squiggling about, and still was when picked up via toilet paper dab (not from a rear wipe). Not taken a shower for several before.

It looks like pork tapeworm (i do eat a lot of pork/rice dishes from various vendor) or do these things somtimes appear in the shower footwell by other means?

I never had a great stomach since being in thailand (a few years ago) it was pretty bad, but at this moment in time I feel fine.

Self med with a general anti bug adzeni something or other?

Edited by matt111

In most cases of tapeworm infestation you feel fine. (From an evolutionary point of view, it doesn't do the tapeworms any good if you get sick and die.)

Just get a worm pill from your local pharmacy*. Local belief is that you should chew the pill, even though they don't say so on the packet. (They taste pretty bad.)

It's a good idea to take a pill once a year just to keep yourself worm-free. (Personally that's how I celebrate July 4th.)

* If you have a distended belly you should not self-medicate with worm pills. If you have a very large worm load killing them all at once can lead to rupturing your anus.

• Like 1

If you had no sensation of anything passing put of your rectum, it is much more likely that it was just there, perhaps having come up through the drain.

Worms like this are common outdoors in the rainy season in Thailand.

• Like 2

looks like a tape worm??? you gotta be joking!

Did you get drunk and fall over or have you been eating soil? - it looks like a common-or-garden earthworm.

Looks like a common earthworm to me as well. But if you want to make sure... Smell the thing and you'll know where it came from. An earthworm smells like dirt, a recently released tape worm likely doesn't.