Yingluck has returned to Bangkok Sunday night: report

webfact

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well the good luck she might already have had. I mean with such amount of luggage some people would still be at the airport next week trying to find all the receipts for the stuff bought or trying to convince that they really had it with them already when starting their trip.

Surely must feel good to be an Amply Rich Elite Defender of Democracy and The People rolleyes.gif

So you know what was in her luggage?

• Like 1

You people are a sorrowful bunch.   Last night you stayed up hoping she wouldn't return so you can make your ugly comments.  Now she comes back and you start your insults.   Very disgusting group of people here. 

I sincerely agree with you. She has come back and still the insults on this forum continue - but if we believe in Karma then all this mud and dirt will come 100 X on their heads and I won't be sad to hear it happening. She was dux of her class in Chiang Mai University and graduated honorably. Her achievements and work have been exemplary and we should never forget who stopped the rice payments to the farmers - they too have to face their KARMA. Those thugs and vicious despicables who took their money out of the bank and issued threats are the true ones who caused tragedy in the Kingdom.

She has come back to clear her involvement and I hope that 'reason' wins in her defense and those who wrought ed the system are caught and punished. Anyway, those on this forum were quick to keep the lies going on how much was missing and really hate it when the percentage is now known. They can't handle being so wrong - they would rather support the bankrupt murderer - the great leader -  of the innocent in their quest to damage and destroy a 'good' person. I believe this dirt will come back and smother them in time - it is a law of the universe - unstoppable!!!

Wow, Dux of her class at CMU,  home country and with the name Shinawatra.

Additionally we all know how honest and fair the Thai educational systems is where nobody fails and how far you finish up the ladder depends on... !

Well the good luck she might already have had. I mean with such amount of luggage some people would still be at the airport next week trying to find all the receipts for the stuff bought or trying to convince that they really had it with them already when starting their trip.

Surely must feel good to be an Amply Rich Elite Defender of Democracy and The People rolleyes.gif

No and neither do you I would assume.

Still immigration is obliged to have a look especially when there's so much luggage. I'm sure they had a female officer to go through Ms. Yinglucks personel thingies, to spare her or other officers possible embarresment.

give her a break Rubl she has been found guilty of NOTHING except breaking the mold and being Thailand's first female PM (and winning the election of course)

Why should I give her a break? It would seem Immigration already gave her one.

Do you want to tell me that immigration is NOT for former PMs, and other people who have not been found guilty of anything. Do you want to imply that even you and me could walk through immigration just like that because neither you nor me have been found guilty of anything?

BTW "has been found guilty of nothing" somehow suggests the charge of negligence (also known as "I know nothing") seems the right one and you already tell us she was guilty.

Maybe my understanding of the English language is not totally correct in this rolleyes.gif

"Why should I give her a break? It would seem Immigration already gave her one."

What break has Immigration given her that you seem privy to?

"Maybe my understanding of the English language is not totally correct in this". 

More than likely.

• Like 2

Gives the Junta a bit of a difficult balancing act. If they are too zealous in their pursuit of her they will alienate her supporters whilst if they aren't forceful enough they will alienate their own supporters. And if she is found not guilty, then there this in effect means there was very little legal and political justification for the coup. 

How do you achieve political reconciliation whilst prosecuting the leader of the last democratically elected government? Bit of a paradox. 

jonclark.... go look at yourself in a mirror..   Yinluck was NOT democratically elected , she was bought into power so you could say corruption pure corruption got her into power.  What do you think this military coup is all about..  Wake up....wai2.gif

She was as democratically elected as all previous governments in the last 20 years.  The fact is Thai politics has, is and will remain riddled with corruption is just symptom of the system. It's as endemic as black hair is.

Without wanting to get into a pointless debate with you, yes we all know political parties 'buy' votes and when in power they all line up like good little piggies to have a go at the trough to recoup the money plus a sizable chunk of 'interest' they forked out to pay for votes . That is just the system of democracy here. It may not fit with our ideal of what democracy is, but that's not the issue is it? 

• Like 1

You people are a sorrowful bunch.   Last night you stayed up hoping she wouldn't return so you can make your ugly comments.  Now she comes back and you start your insults.   Very disgusting group of people here. 

I'm with you on that Bob. I've listened to so much nastiness from so many people here, disparaging her character left right and centre. When she shows them to be significantly wrong about something, they just start off on another angle. It's disgusting in the extreme, and I'm embarrassed to be a farang in Thailand when I know some Thais will lump me in with these petty, mean-minded creeps.

TL

The Shin supporters / apologists have suddenly resorted to attacking anyone who dares comment against their beloved Shins and trying to suggest that doing so makes you a low life - and then add a barrage o rude insults.

What's disgusting is a PM can act illegally, lie, shirk responsibility, avoid doing the job she swore to do, cry to gain sympathy then be caught laughing when she thought the cameras off, and not bother to stop or investigate assaults and murders of those who oppose her family. 

You resort to nasty insults as you simply have no arguments for the truth. It's embarrassing that some Thais might think all farangs are Shin arse lickers.

"Pot calling the kettle black" comes to mind

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Surely must feel good to be an Amply Rich Elite Defender of Democracy and The People  alt=rolleyes.gif>

He doesn't know anything and it's really none of his business.   I believe she departed Thailand with 15 pieces and return with 15 so what make your rumor mongers think she even purchased anything while overseas.  Also how do you know she didn't go through immigrations.  Were you there, I wasn't so I can't say like you can.   

I really liked Prayuth radio address last Friday. He was talking about flood prevention and said he was not Yingluck *, people couldn't expect him to fix everything and then blame him for everything that goes wrong. People should rely more on themselves to solve their problem and not sit on their ass waiting for the central government to do something. 

I think that's why some people missed Yingluck so much. She was the perfect scapegoat for the thai society shortcomings. And I believe Prayuth is quite happy with his "savior" role and not really ready to walk into Yingluck's shoes.

* : maybe not exactly what he said but that's how I understood it ;-)

Edited by JohnnyJazz
  • Like 1

Gives the Junta a bit of a difficult balancing act. If they are too zealous in their pursuit of her they will alienate her supporters whilst if they aren't forceful enough they will alienate their own supporters. And if she is found not guilty, then there this in effect means there was very little legal and political justification for the coup. 

How do you achieve political reconciliation whilst prosecuting the leader of the last democratically elected government? Bit of a paradox. 

Don't see what its got to do with the Junta.

The NACC has investigated the rice scheme for over 2 years long before the army came along and found that Yingluck was negligent.

They have passed this information on to the OAG who will now decide if a prosecution is warranted.

If they decide in that way it will then be passed to the appropriate court.

If she is found guilty by that court she will be found guilty of breaking the law.

No doubt then there would be right of appeal as with any other case.

Do you believe that because of her position at the time she should be above the law ?

I didn't realize that Yinglucks alleged negligence was the reason given for staging the coup... learn something every day.

Should those in high places be exempt from prosecution because it may put their supporters noses out of joint ?

You would learn an awful lot more if you took your blinkers off and cared to do some research. 

• Like 1

"Yingluck Shinawatra arrived at the Suvarnabhumi Intternational Airport...Yingluck flew in a private jet from the Singapore airport and a vehicle was allowed to enter airport to pick her."

The good work by great Nation newspaper report on late prime minster who people pick her before now out. Nation newspaper many great English speakers with the work permit. 

Yingluck seen at Bangkok supermarket

BANGKOK: -- Ex-premier Yingluck Shinawatra appeared at a supermarket in Bangkok on Monday morning.

She reportedly arrived Thailand from Singapore by a chartered flight on Sunday night.

She was granted permission by the junta to go overseas last month during which she attended a birthday party of her fugitive brother; Thaksin in Paris.

Full story: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Yingluck-seen-at-Bangkok-supermarket-30240691.html

[thenation]2014-08-11[/thenation]

Don Muang still has immigration, if you can afford the private jet you can afford to have the immigration folk come on board and process you return.

As to the luggage, if you take the time to read the latest post from the Thai media informs us that she had 15 pieces that were loaded into a private van.

Please ensure brain is in operation prior to engaging mouth/keyboard.

Ah, sarcasm, the lowest form of wit. Good to see you're as sharp as a sausage this morning.

Nice to be able to afford a private jet - shame the farmers who were driven to suicide when her "vows" to pay them came to nothing didn't have a fraction of her clan's wealth.

So you know immigration stamped her in and that customs were happy all was in order. 15 cases out, 15 cases in -all the contents the same.

How wonderful the elite can travel so comfortably. So quaint. 

Ah, not knowing what sarcasm is and then quoting someone else's opinion of it.  Priceless.  There was no sarcasm at all in his post. 

So you know Immigration didn't process her?  Do you get stamped in to your own country?  Does a traveller have to bring back exactly the same number of pieces of luggage that they left with and ensure that the contents hadn't changed?

Good to see your sausage-sharpness keeping us entertained.

• Like 1

If it's T's idea that she return home, then he's playing a high-stakes game in terms of public sentiment and issues of morality - at least high stakes for him and his family. If it all goes pear-shape for her, then T and co lose the moral high ground on the world stage, and destroy what remaining shreds of support they have in Thailand, and this is very likely anyway. So what is going on? I seriously doubt a deal has been done with the junta as the rice scheme is far too significant to be nudged aside or diminished in any way. This is very intriguing as I doubt YL is returning as a matter of principle, nor to continue the good fight on behalf of the Shins. There is simply no way she is going to expose herself to the risk of incarceration when she has the resources to spend the rest of her life in luxury.

You are severely underestimating the support they have in Thailand, otherwise they would not have won every single election they stood in.

This is very true, If another election was held now she'd win again - hence no election

Still immigration is obliged to have a look especially when there's so much luggage. I'm sure they had a female officer to go through Ms. Yinglucks personel thingies, to spare her or other officers possible embarresment.

No, of course I don't, and no, they are not obliged to have a look.  They have the authority to do so if they suspect there may be a reason to do that.  Not everyone has the contents of their luggage examined, do they?   Doubtless you will be the exception to the rule that has had his luggage searched every time you entered a country.

I really liked Prayuth radio address last Friday. He was talking about flood prevention and said he was not Yingluck *, people couldn't expect him to fix everything and then blame him for everything that goes wrong. People should rely more on themselves to solve their problem and not sit on their ass waiting for the central government to do something. 

I think that's why some people missed Yingluck so much. She was the perfect scapegoat for the thai society shortcomings. And I believe Prayuth is quite happy with his "savior" role and not really ready to walk into Yingluck's shoes.

I didn't hear or read this brilliant piece of "pass the turd". He's basically saying that when people expected Yingluck to fix things and she didn't, they blamed her. But don't blame me if I can't fix things, sort it yourself! Wow.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Surely must feel good to be an Amply Rich Elite Defender of Democracy and The People  alt=rolleyes.gif>

He doesn't know anything and it's really none of his business.   I believe she departed Thailand with 15 pieces and return with 15 so what make your rumor mongers think she even purchased anything while overseas.  Also how do you know she didn't go through immigrations.  Were you there, I wasn't so I can't say like you can.   

"I believe she departed Thailand with 15 pieces and return with 15 so what make your rumor mongers think she even purchased anything while overseas.  Also how do you know she didn't go through immigrations.  Were you there, I wasn't so I can't say like you can."

I didn't make that comment so why are you addressing that to me?

No, of course I don't, and no, they are not obliged to have a look.  They have the authority to do so if they suspect there may be a reason to do that.  Not everyone has the contents of their luggage examined, do they?   Doubtless you will be the exception to the rule that has had his luggage searched every time you entered a country.

Correct, immigration doesn't have to look and if they look it doesn't mean they suggest or accuse.

Mind you, since the total value of what you may take into the country is somewhat limited and as it may be the 15 suitcases weren't stuffed with toilet paper, Ms. Yingluck and her entourage might have been over those limits.

Duty Payment

If you are bringing in with you the items with total combined value more than 10,000 baht, these items are subject to import taxes and duties. A flat rate of duty will be applied on the dutiable items provided that:  

• The dutiable items are intended for personal use;
  • They are at a reasonable quantity and not intended for commercial use, business, or trade purposes;
  • The total value is not exceeding 80,000 Baht;  and
  • Passengers are able to pay taxes and duties in cash on the date of arrival.

The dutiable items of which the quantity exceeds those allowed for personal use and/or the total value exceeds 10,000 baht or intended for commercial use (including those of which value is less than 80,000 baht) are subject to applicable taxes and duties. Please contact the Passenger Inspection Sub-Division for the payment of taxes and duties. In case where the value of the dutiable items exceeds 80,000 baht, such items will be sent to a warehouse for formal import Customs procedures. The goods are held under Customs control until a formal import Customs procedures processed at the Customs Formalities Subdivision has been completed.  

http://www.customs.go.th/wps/wcm/connect/custen/travellers/arriving+in+thailand/arrivinginthailand

PS I haven't been stopped and/or have my luggage checked for a long time already.

Edited by rubl

If it's T's idea that she return home, then he's playing a high-stakes game in terms of public sentiment and issues of morality - at least high stakes for him and his family. If it all goes pear-shape for her, then T and co lose the moral high ground on the world stage, and destroy what remaining shreds of support they have in Thailand, and this is very likely anyway. So what is going on? I seriously doubt a deal has been done with the junta as the rice scheme is far too significant to be nudged aside or diminished in any way. This is very intriguing as I doubt YL is returning as a matter of principle, nor to continue the good fight on behalf of the Shins. There is simply no way she is going to expose herself to the risk of incarceration when she has the resources to spend the rest of her life in luxury.

You are severely underestimating the support they have in Thailand, otherwise they would not have won every single election they stood in.

This is very true, If another election was held now she'd win again - hence no election

and you know that do ya..2015 is the election  or you been away..

"Yingluck Shinawatra arrived at the Suvarnabhumi Intternational Airport...Yingluck flew in a private jet from the Singapore airport and a vehicle was allowed to enter airport to pick her."

The good work by great Nation newspaper report on late prime minster who people pick her before now out. Nation newspaper many great English speakers with the work permit. 

"Nation newspaper report on late prime minster who people pick her before now out."  

Yingluck is dead?  Since when?  Didn't read that anywhere.   Why are you propagating that misinformation?

I didn't hear or read this brilliant piece of "pass the turd". He's basically saying that when people expected Yingluck to fix things and she didn't, they blamed her. But don't blame me if I can't fix things, sort it yourself! Wow.

He didn't exactly say that biggrin.png . What he said was that people shouldn't rely on the government to fix everything but try first to solve their local problems at the local level. 

The part about him not being Yingluck and not willing to be a scapegoat for everything that goes wrong in the kingdom was my personal addition. tongue.png

Edited by JohnnyJazz

and you know that do ya..2015 is the election  or you been away..

2015 is supposed to be when the election is held.  I'll wait and see if it actually happens.

He didn't exactly say that biggrin.png . What he said was that people shouldn't rely on the government to fix everything but try first to solve their local problems at the local level. 

The part about him not being Yingluck and not willing to be a scapegoat for everything that goes wrong in the kingdom was my personal addition. tongue.png

Exactly, so it wasn't her fault, she was the scapegoat?