seeking to purchase 1 bed condo CENTRAL pattaya

binjalin

45+sqm: I agree absolutely, however this will limit your choice significantly ... 29-35sqm seems (in the City Center) much more common.

If foreign quota is not important (if you have Thai wife or company) http://www.gecko-properties.com/en-gb/realestate/central-pattaya/condo/gkp-c001005 might be a sample; 70,000/sqm however isn't what you'd call cheap.

May I suggest that you decide exactly which developments you are interested in and on which floors, once you have done that re post, name them and say what your budget is

Its possible someone may have what your looking for, not me but maybe someone else on here.

I'm assuming that as a "serious" purchaser you already have a Thai bank account and have chosen a legal firm to represent you - if you haven't then those are the 1st steps before you even start to look.

There are ads and agents all over Pattaya with thousands of condos on their books and I'm sure that bargains are to be had but you must be able to understand for yourself what a bargain really is, not merely what someone tells you.

With most things if they are very cheap there is a reason and not a positive one, in this case you seem to be looking for a "distressed" vendor who requires an urgent sale.

If that's your only criteria , rather than the property itself - well that's up to you - perhaps you have already identified which developments your interested in and your post was merely to see if you got any responses from people who already live in them and are desperate to sell.

It matters not but the points I have raised I hope are of some help, if your serious of course.

Finally deal with the owner directly - even to the point of leafleting the developments your interested in if there is no communal notice board, also the reception staff will probably know which ones are for sale but will want a commission as any agent would do, probably less than the average though.

Edited by Likener1

For sure go look at the notice boards in Foodland, Big C etc something has spooked the property market with farangs,overflowing with the stuff

As far as I know there has never been any shortage of ads on those noticeboards. In fact the one sure thing here is that there is always masses of property available to buy.

With most things if they are very cheap there is a reason and not a positive one, in this case you seem to be looking for a "distressed" vendor who requires an urgent sale.

That's one way of looking at it. Another way might be to say that most properties are priced way above what they are worth and only the occasional one is actually marketed at something close to its real value. As far as I can see those last are the ones that do actually sell without first hanging around for months or years or longer.

That's one way of looking at it. Another way might be to say that most properties are priced way above what they are worth and only the occasional one is actually marketed at something close to its real value. As far as I can see those last are the ones that do actually sell without first hanging around for months or years or longer.

I could not agree with you more which is why I suggested that the OP must really get to know which developments he is interested in then he can delve deeper into the large difference between the vendors perceived value and determine its current one in a saturated market.

Both the sales and rental market is full of people who strangely seem to prefer to have their properties empty rather than accept realistic amounts but that's up to them.

Well you can buy from nirun grand ville has a choice of 26 sqm or 37 sqm the larger rooms are priced in the region of 1.3k and has 1300 or so units centrally located to bigc on pattaya klang.

many bars closeby and the usual 7 eleven outside with even a tesco lotus albeit on a small scale.

• 3 weeks later...