Italian basil

Kanga Japan

I will try and find the packs of seeds I got but in case I cannot.

HomePro sell packets of seeds.  Among them they sell two types.  Thai basil and what they call American Basil which is the Italian one.  It grows fairly easily but it is not the same taste as the local basil and I have not found it for sale except farang outlets like hydroponic places.

• Like 1

Bit confusing, this one.I can't read Thai very well, certainly not the stylised fonts. But I can't recall having seen the writing on any seed packets that shado has given us above - not even the word horapa.I have two packets of basil seeds at the moment. In English, one is sweet basil, and the other holy basil, but I can't recognise or read any of the Thai writing. My beloved SIL came down from the country one day and told me the sweet basil (which is defying my brown thumb and growing gloriously) was horapa, Thai basil. But, but, I said. SIL is not to be argued with. She went out and bought a plant and said this is sweet basil. Haven't planted the holy basil. I've seen various other basil seed packets, but none called Italian or American basil. Will keep looking though.

Cheers,
Wit
  • Like 1

Neither of the seed packs is Italian basil.

Usually referred to as โหระพาฝรั่ง (HORAPHA FARANG) or อิตาลีเบซิล (ITALI BESIL) or อิตาเลียนเบซิล (ITALIAN BESIL).

For the leaves themselves, the BAI goes at the beginning e.g. ใบโหระพาฝรั่ง (BAI HORAPHA FARANG).

• Like 2