Tourist Visa Denied

This is from the embassy in Washington, but may be useful guidelines at whatever embassy or consulate.

Tourist Visa (Medical Treatment)

Purpose of Visit:- 
This type of visa is issued to applicants who wish to enter the Kingdom for medical treatment at hospitals/medical facilities in Thailand.

Documents Required:-
   1) Your actual Passport or Travel Document. (Passport or Travel Document must not expire within 6 months and contain at least ONE completely empty visa page). 
   2) One visa application form completely filled out (download)
   3) Two passport-size photographs (2"x2") (photocopy or photo taken from Photostat will not be accepted). Photographs must have a light color background with a full- face view of the person without wearing a hat or dark glasses. Photos must be taken within 6 months. 
4) Letter of hospitals in Thailand indicating medical purpose and duration of treatment
   5) A copy of round-trip ticket or itinerary 
   6) A copy of recent bank statement or evidence of adequate finance 
    ($700 per person and $1,500 per family) 
   7 For non-US citizen, a copy of permanent resident alien card with employment verification or a copy of valid US visa with employment verification letter if self-employed, business license or business registration indicating the applicant’s name. 
   8) For minor uder 20 years old, a birth certificate, copies of mother and father's passports and Marriage Certificate if any, letter of consent from mother and father for the minor to travel abroad in case not accommany with the child. in case of sole custody, a copy of court order must be provided

Tourist visa for medical treatment is an invention of the embassy in the US and is not mentioned anywhere else.

it does not make sense because it requires additional documents but gives no advantage whatsoever compared to a regular Tourist visa.

What matters to the OP is how to obtain extensions for the reason of medical treatment. These are not easy to obtain but he should try anyway.

The advice of going to Penang, etc., is good, but even if you get the visa, there might still be a chance of being refused entry. Hopefuly that would not happen if flying to BKK. Have you looked into continuing your treatment in Malaysia or Singapore? Continuing your treatment is obviously of highest priority.

Thailand is cheapest, Singapore and Malay is way more expensive, not only the medical fees but cost of rent, food and taxis as well. I can't walk much had an operation where both of them were removed, so I'm still in the healing process. Plus I have low energy as hell, body is depleted of testostrone which is supplemented by test injections every single day... real pain u have no idea.

So now I think the best way to do it after all your guys suggestions is to bus to Penang, get a agent to get the Visa and fly back to bkk? Anyone have a better idea than this let me know.

My flight back to BKK is Friday.

If medical treatment is the problem have you considered India.  It can be a reasonable option for the time you can get on a visa and quite pleasant if you chose the right place to stay.  This would probably give time for things to settle down and get a visa to come back here.  It is only an hour or so flight too.

Over stay 396 days .better u go live Cambodia. U think seriously if u change passé port they not have ur information already internet world. Maybe u should change ur name & family name with passé port maybe u will be lucky to come back

Over stay 396 days .better u go live Cambodia. U think seriously if u change passé port they not have ur information already internet world. Maybe u should change ur name & family name with passé port maybe u will be lucky to come back

[background=#ffffff]No need to change passport or anything. OP has cleared his overstay, is not banned, and can return at any time.[/background]

I read online last month that it was hard to get tourist visa at penang if you had a lot of tourist visas before(i guess the same would be the case if you overstay), this information was probably 6-12 months old, so has this situations changed now?

As been mentioned, KLis not the place to go, they are well known for being difficult.

Your case though highlights exactly why there is a crackdown, it is flagrant abuse of the current visa rules. If there is a genuine medical reason, then you will be able to have got medical extensions from your hospital, government or international. Edited by mrtoad