can i study english langugae for 3 years and get ED visa?

hi , can i study the english langugae for 3 years straight and get the education visa 3 years year after year? if not than how many yearsw can i study the english language and get an education visa?
and do i need to go to laos (or other countries) after every year i finish my education visa to apply for another new education visa?

If your school qualifies, ie offers enough levels of studying English to cover three years, and if you qualify, ie have a good attendance record, do not work in Thailand and if required can show evidence of bringing money into Thailand from abroad to cover your cost of living, it should be possible without any problem.

If your school qualifies, ie offers enough levels of studying English to cover three years, and if you qualify, ie have a good attendance record, do not work in Thailand and if required can show evidence of bringing money into Thailand from abroad to cover your cost of living, it should be possible without any problem.

Is that requirement?
Evidence for money from abroad?

Doubt it

Is that requirement?
Evidence for money from abroad?

Doubt it

A Thai law states that you are not allowed to work in Thailand without a work permit. If you are in Thailand for a long period – the OP is talking about three years – for study, an immigration officer may at some point ask you whether you are working in Thailand and if you confirm that you are not, he has the authority to ask you for evidence that you live on money coming in from abroad. In other words, for the ED extension it is a requirement that you do not work illegally in Thailand, even though this is not written with these words into the extension rules. Whatever document the immigration officer asks you to submit to dispel his suspicion that you might be working in Thailand becomes at that point a requirement.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

A western foreigner studying English in Thailand. The immigration office really believes that?

If English is not your native language, why not?

NB: Even if it is and the school/university accepts you, it would be a nice little loophole...........................wink.png

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

the straws that the smug ed visa holders are now clutching at to stay in Thailand is amazing.

I don't see what the problem is here. If the university has the course, It is not only Thai that is taught in Thailand.

You can but English courses are for 9 months only, so you have to renew the visa out of the country more often

No , we have schools in Pattaya offer English courses on 12 month visas that can be extended to 15 months.  

A lot of russians and other nationalities are studying English in Pattaya, the school provides you with  all the documents for the immigration .     

• Like 1

You can but English courses are for 9 months only, so you have to renew the visa out of the country more often

No , we have schools in Pattaya offer English courses on 12 month visas that can be extended to 15 months.  

A lot of russians and other nationalities are studying English in Pattaya, the school provides you with  all the documents for the immigration .     
Yes in pattaya ed thai or english no difference

But its not 15 months anymore inthink 13 or 12