Cable TV in BKK

millwall_fan

We have an apartment near Victory Monument and have managed up to now with the condos own basic (free) cable service which has Al Jazeera as its only English language offering. I'd like to upgrade to something better but the landlady hasn't a clue how to do this. Can anyone tell me which cable companies operate in Bangkok which are likely to service our area of town? any thanks

• 2 months later...

I have been a Truevisions customer for many years, paying absurd sum of 2,500 baht/month for bad service. The few channels I do watch basically show the same episodes for weeks or even months, over and over again. it's absurd.

Does anyone have experience with "Super IPTC English V3 + 12 months subscription from http://www.satellitetvthailand.com/ ??

The say it's only 12,500 for first year and renewals are only 8,000 baht/year. It works thru your internet connections (ethernet).

I worry about whether my lousy internet service will actually power this oK (10 MB from True Online ... yes, True again...). Any ideas or rather experiences?

I am also considering simply buying a cheap PC to sit next to my TV and go all internet. I do now use Apple TV also but it, too, is frustrating and not reliable (this may well be the result of lousy wifi service from my True Online router - the new one from them!

And other solutions out there for in-home cable TV service in Bangkok? Shame no one helped this first poster out with more than "Truevisions".

Thanks for any help!

If you have a decent internet speed why not get expat t.v. Being as your name is Millwal-fan I assume you are a Brit.

It costs 200 quid for a year and you get all the normal British channels and a few others thrown In and you can upgrade as required.

Cable TV in Thailand is a monopoly that is the epitome of Thainess: shitty service at absurd prices.

I would suggest getting an internet connection, a media player and downloading whatever TV/movie content you wish to watch in HD.

I've done it this way for years, and see no reason to change this.

To supplement this you can apply for one of the cheaper television networks in your area; Charoen TV or similar.

That will set you back about 100 baht/month.

They have 3-4 english channels; BBC, Syfy, Universal, Australian Network amongst a few others.

• Like 1