Switching MS Office 2010 from Thai to English

elzach

I bought a used laptop yesterday and EVERYTHING was in Thai, all the software, everything. I changed Windows to English, I reinstalled Chrome, but the Office apps are still in Thai. Anyone knows how to change them to English? 

It's my fault because I should have asked him to do it, but he spoke 7-8 words in English (university student). 

Please remember, even if I get to the right tab, the languages listed are in Thai(!), so if you'd be so kind to actually point the English US (say, 5 entries from top).

Thank you!

(1) Can you choose English in Language options? (see pic).

If not, the alternate options are (2) reinstall Office (3) download a language pack.

However as English is not available for download (as a language pack in the link below) I presume options 1 & 2 are your only routes.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-001/onenote-help/download-install-configure-or-uninstall-an-office-language-interface-pack-HA010354265.aspx

[attachment=279012:tv01_temp.png] [attachment=279013:tv02_temp.png]

Pictures are from Office 2010.

The blue clickable text, shown in the attached picture, "how do i get more display and help languages from office.com" does not do anything for me but I guess it would take you to the link already given (above).

Edited by RandomSand
  • Like 1

The easiest solution would be to install Open Office or Libre Office.  Both have all the functionality you could possibly need, and both are free (and legal).

I always use alternatives so I'd vote for that too

• Like 1

If not, the alternate options are (2) reinstall Office (3) download a language pack.

However as English is not available for download (as a language pack in the link below) I presume options 1 & 2 are your only routes.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-001/onenote-help/download-install-configure-or-uninstall-an-office-language-interface-pack-HA010354265.aspx

attachicon.giftv01_temp.png attachicon.giftv02_temp.png

The blue clickable text, shown in the attached picture, "how do i get more display and help languages from office.com" does not do anything for me but I guess it would take you to the link already given (above).

Thanks Randomsand.

Yes I got to that tab and this is what I see. I have already Windows default set as "English US", but the display language is still Thai.

Can you check this?

[attachment=279192:MSWord Thai.JPG]

attachicon.giftv01_temp.png attachicon.giftv02_temp.png

Thanks Randomsand.

Yes I got to that tab and this is what I see. I have already Windows default set as "English US", but the display language is still Thai.

Can you check this?

attachicon.gifMSWord Thai.JPG

I think you missed something. You must click on something and choose "Office display language".

It's very bizarre that Microsoft have (possibly) made the required "button" a small arrow which is not obvious.

Try clicking the small arrow to reveal more Display Options. Like I previously said; English cannot be downloaded, so, I presume it will be a choice in the drop down menu you missed.

[attachment=279207:tv03_temp.png]

Edited by RandomSand