Pack of stray dogs attack Thai-German Boy on Pattaya Beach

webfact

Pack of stray dogs attack Thai-German Boy on Pattaya Beach

dogs-2.jpg
dogs-8.jpg

PATTAYA: -- An 8 year old Thai-German Boy, on holiday in Pattaya with his parents, was bitten on his shoulder during an attack by a pack of stray dogs at the Northern end of Pattaya Beach on Wednesday afternoon.

The boy was taken to hospital but was luckily not seriously injured during the attack by the dogs who have reportedly been terrorizing beachgoers for some time, according to a Beach Vendor who claims to have reported the dogs to City Hall. Officers responded by saying they were too busy to deal with the problem.

Khun Wipawan aged 34, the victim’s Mother, confirmed her family had come to Pattaya on 31st July for a holiday and thanks to passers-by, the dogs were distracted enough to allow the boy to be rescued.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/139255/pack-of-stray-dogs-attack-thai-german-boy-on-pattaya-beach/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2014-08-14

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A couple of those dogs have collars. I'd bet there's an owner nearby. They should be fined for this. Too bad city hall can't deal with this. Another loss of face!

I reported those dogs (in person with map) about 6 months ago to the vet office/ annex on Soi Bukow next to the Pattaya City Hospital. . .

Edited by morrobay

I worries more about the house dogs that have been trained to attack unknown people.

Many times here the owners forget to close the gates and they run around free.

And if you hit the dogs when they chase you, the owners get very angry blink.png

2 weeks ago a Thai boy was bidden here. The owners of the dogs did not care at all.

wai.gif

• Like 1

As Thais are avid and diligent Buddhists, they would not want to interfere with these animals, just in case they are a deceased relative.

I think we must be sensitive to the teachings of the Buddha here.

Cultural sensitivity is so important.

• Like 1

Where is the evidence on the boy of a dog attack?

I wouldn't make too much of this....Much bigger problems in Pattaya than soi dogs...

CB

I cannot help but feel you are implying that the mother may be in some way not genuine in her report of the incident, perhaps in the hope of pecuniary reward.

After all, if the boy is Thai-German, then she's already struck her gold.

• Like 2

Was trying to get some exercise...walking briskly along Jomtien beach sidewalks...when one dog kept following me to closely...menacing look...growling and barking...I turned around and scolded him to shoo him away...and in a matter of seconds...half a dozen dogs showed up in his defense...I made a hasty retreat to the other side of the road...and luckily they did not follow...I always try to keep a health distance from those beach soi dogs...they are known for their propensity to attack innocent beach goers...

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Where is the evidence on the boy of a dog attack?

I wouldn't make too much of this....Much bigger problems in Pattaya than soi dogs...

CB

The boy looks fine she looks like the injured party.

No wonder Thai police are too busy. with people coming in reporting non-drama like this, let alone the local news station.

Where was she while this was happening, sat on a bench somewhere? alt=whistling.gif>

Just wait until you are attacked by a bunch of dogs, you won't be squealing "not important" then . . . even if they don't draw blood.

I'm only 6 kilos but can be quite intimidating .... along with my mates

• Like 1

Stray dogs are noisy, dirty and dangerous disease carriers. They are an absolute menace everywhere and should be put down humanely.

If those people who like them want to adopt them and keep them in their homes, that's fine also (though I pity their neighbours).

You're right of course. They are wild animals, just the same as wolves. Before I came to live here 7 years ago from the UK I had no great 'view' on dogs. I didn't have one but my daughter did and it got exercised twice a day.

In my view .there appear to be 3 types of dogs in Pattaya.

1. The soi/beach dogs that are a real menace generally to pedestrians, bikers etc. Like you, I think there has to be a drastic solution.

2. The caged dogs, living entirely in front yards of the owners house. They just snarl and bark at everything that moves. I reckon this is because of lack of exercise and they have nothing else to do. I think it's downright cruel to be honest.

3. The lucky dogs. These get exercised by their owners on a lead and seem 'contented' in the main.

Strangely enough, I find the 'soi' dogs don't bark as much as the 'caged' variety, but that can actually make them a bigger menace as they can creep up on you when out walking. It also seems to bear out my theory that lack of exercise is a problem for the caged variety. No doubt a doge expert can tell us if this is true or not.

I live on the dark side near the lake and like walking and see all 3 varieties every day.

Something has to be done by the authorities about group 1. Your solution may well be the only way.

Apologies for the rant, but I've already had to move house because of type 1/2 dogs.

• Like 2

As Thais are avid and diligent Buddhists, they would not want to interfere with these animals, just in case they are a deceased relative.

I think we must be sensitive to the teachings of the Buddha here.

Cultural sensitivity is so important.

Cultural sensitivity ? Do you know what you are talking about ?

In our neighborhood there were about ten stray dogs. Not barking, not dangerous, very shy. One day there was no more dog around.

Guess what happened to them ? Poisened by a Thai who was even proud to tell.

My former Thai landlord poisoned one of my cats. He told me to remove the other cat otherwise she'd also get poisoned.

Cultural sensitivity ! Careless they are selfish and lazy. They care about YOUR cultural sensitivity ?

• Like 1

Whoever feeds these dogs are the ones who need attacking.

Without adequate food these dogs would not survive and breed.

City hall is not the place to report problems with dogs. Veterinary section (basement) of Public Health building (next to new City Hospital) on Soi Buakhaow is. But they will not do anything about owned dogs except issue warnings to the owners that their dogs must be kept on private property and are not allowed to roam free on public land. They will catch unowned dogs if reported that they are aggressive.

• Like 1

It's a terrible problem in Thailand, and one of the things who's never finish, one side the people who's like to take care for the dogs in cluding the tempels, and on the other side the stray dogs.

Everymorning I go with my bicycle and get bored about the dogs, 3 months age a dog come in front of my bicycle and I was bringing to the first aid at the hospital for 6 stitches in my hand. Despite I carry a big bottle with vinar come in the attack to spray in the eyes.

The next time maybe it is better to take a bottle with chlorine.

All animals are "territorial" with Its land and with its "lover" and "followers".....like most humans. Packs of animals follows its leader. If the leader attacks and the pack is big....you are dead. In the same time packs of animals respects other packs of animals just pasing by...If you are alone you will be at risk with any wild animal. Soi dogs and cats are not domestic animals......are wild....like some "humans"....Better to live them alone....

Was trying to get some exercise...walking briskly along Jomtien beach sidewalks...when one dog kept following me to closely...menacing look...growling and barking...I turned around and scolded him to shoo him away...and in a matter of seconds...half a dozen dogs showed up in his defense...I made a hasty retreat to the other side of the road...and luckily they did not follow...I always try to keep a health distance from those beach soi dogs...they are known for their propensity to attack innocent beach goers...

most farang make the mistake of talking to the dogs in English or their native language

these dogs only understand Thai

so in dog talk you could have been saying to the dogs

come on dude get your boys and lets settle this once and for all