Visa non immigrant O

I am french and i will go in thailand from 25 september to 10 december for a big holidays; I went to the thai consulate with all the papers needed for a tourist visa . I was thinking about tourist visa of 60 days with extension. 

All things was good with the lady at the consulate . She asked me no questions . And she gave me the paper ...she stick it in my passport.

Returning at my home i discoverded she gave me a Visa non immigrant O. I was surprised but not worried...i am not an expert of thai visas and i think it is probably the best for me at her thinking.

But on the web i discovered that this kinf of visas is for person who have family to visit ( parents, daughter, wife ).... a category i am not in !

So my questions are :

- is something i didn't understand abiut this visa ?

- Is the lady of the consulate made a mistake ?

- Shall i change my visa ? I hope not because it is complicated now for me.

- Have I a risk to let i like this and go on thailand with this visa ? At the immigration desk , will they ask me about a relative i visit ?

Thanks for your replies....i think you all are more experts than me...

She just made a mistake then. Consistent with the war that consulate is run, from reports.

You may have paid more than a tourist visa but in the end still saved because will not need to pay Bt. 1,900 for extension later and no loss of time. Edited by paz