False teeth…………. a plea for help.

mrjohn

I have recently lost two crowns and a bridge from previous dental work (they were 10 years old so I suppose I can’t really complain.)

My only experience of false teeth is that of my parents, 20 odd years ago when they never stopped complaining about them.

So my question is, with new technology surely they are much more comfortable and convenient than they used to be?

Can anyone who uses (wears) dentures enlighten me? Are they any better than they used to be?

How much do they cost?

My front teeth are all fine and the lower ones are okay, so it’s just the rear top ones that need replacing.

Any genuine advice would be very much appreciated.

Have just done the same - had fixed bridge previously but decay after 10 plus years ended that and had to have rearmost pulled and a removal metal bridge replacement as really did not want to pay cost of implants and it may have been problematic - but an option later if wanted.  Cost was about 16k and fits well (two teeth and clip on to one in front and arch to other side and attach to teeth there) but not the same feeling as fixed bridge - but much easier to keep clean as can remove to rinse and take out at night.  Can eat just about normally with it.  Cheaper option is all plastic but do not believe they are as well liked.

Just had upper and lower bridges done at St Mary's Hospital in Korat. They fit absolutely perfect.Cost:each metal bridge was 5,500 baht plus 500 baht per tooth, Upper bridge cost 10,000 baht,lower bridge was 8,000 baht. Very satisfied with the new teeth.

Lefty