Cliff Richard's home searched by police investigating sexual abuse claim

Lite Beer

I'm in agreement that the police must have reasonable evidence to have been issued with a search warrant. There is a lot of people that have been hiding away for a few years, that must be shitting themselves , as they wait for the knock on the door.

The spotlight is on the cops so they would not have performed this raid unless they thought the evidence is watertight

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Why is it that every time one of these 70s celebs gets caught there is someone on this board who defends their Pedophile activities?

I do understand that there are people who come to Thailand because they have more 'freedom' than in their own country, but there is no need to come onto TVF to let everyone know that you agree with this vile act.

Why is it that every time one of these 70s celebs gets caught there is someone on this board who defends their Pedophile activities?

I do understand that there are people who come to Thailand because they have more 'freedom' than in their own country, but there is no need to come onto TVF to let everyone know that you agree with this vile act.

And do tell me, what made you think that I was talking about you?

Why is it people on this board always want to mis use the inflammatory word Paedophile? Paedophilia is an attraction to pre pubescent children and not 14+ year olds. This is not an apology, but please drop the witch burning phraseology.

• Like 1

Why is it people on this board always want to mis use the inflammatory word Paedophile? Paedophilia is an attraction to pre pubescent children and not 14+ year olds. This is not an apology, but please drop the witch burning phraseology.

Jacky that is one strange statement.

• Like 2

I believe Cliff is one of the good guys, he might be gay but he would never harm anyone , especially not kids.

So British tabloids will now report about any rumours , which is a shame. I hope he will get some justice out of this in the end.

Edited by balo

Jacky that is one strange statement.

I have to agree with you on this ATF.

Jacky, while you have correctly identified the true meaning of the word, the word Paedophile is now more commonly used (and accepted) to refer to someone who has sexual urges or engages in sexual acts with a person under 16.

This is explained better in Wiki's page on the matter.

I believe Cliff is one of the good guys, he might be gay but he would never harm anyone , especially not kids.

So British tabloids will now report about any rumours , which is a shame. I hope he will get some justice out of this in the end.

Well, there is a due process and it may go to court. Maybe he is a good guy, maybe he isn't.

The police along with the CPS obviously think there is something to investigate, so maybe he will get the justice he deserves

it happened at a billy graham concert but what were the cops looking for ? trophys ? he would have ditched any evidence as he was under suspicion long ago .rumours of Ted Heath having sex parties with rent boys abound with VIPs at the parties

My apologies if you were not, but I don't see anyone else posting in favor of not hanging him until the evidence is clear!

It's clear that I seem to have become a target for expressing the need for due process of law and that has resulted in a number of abusive and accusatory posts and I do have a problem of two fronts: the first is being accused of being a "sick peodo" and the second because a few posters are not capable of understanding the issue of due process and the reliability of witnesses over time. I accept I may well be fighting my position overly defensively but I will not stand to be accused of such things, even on an anonymous internet forum.

You may sit down then. biggrin.png

Personally I think there is more chance of the Dali Lama being convicted of doing the naughty with young boys than St Cliff, but that's just my opinion.

Well he may get his day in court, and a jury to decide. Who knows, he may be guilty, he might not be. No person though should be above the law just because of who they are.

I thought this thread was about Cliff Richard and a raid on his home, investigation in progress.

I'm confused by the last two pages of post & I think everyone seems to be agreeing on the importance of a professional and unbiased investigation.

I understand CM's point about the human memory and I've even seen recent case studies that address these issues. I guess at any subsequent fort case all these issues will be raised by relevant experts in the field.

I do hope that the truth in the matter is discovered.

• Like 1

My apologies if you were not, but I don't see anyone else posting in favor of not hanging him until the evidence is clear!

It's clear that I seem to have become a target for expressing the need for due process of law and that has resulted in a number of abusive and accusatory posts and I do have a problem of two fronts: the first is being accused of being a "sick peodo" and the second because a few posters are not capable of understanding the issue of due process and the reliability of witnesses over time. I accept I may well be fighting my position overly defensively but I will not stand to be accused of such things, even on an anonymous internet forum.

So now you think there is need for due process of law even with "old" crimes ?

Who the hell is Cliff Richards?

Some bloke that releases crappy Christmas songs every year
Cynically released crappy Christmas songs every year, relying on his dementia affected fan base to loyally buy them until he was sensibly banned from just about every UK radio station which stopped this nonsense in its tracks. Edited by BaldPlumber
  • Like 2

I saw Donovan in concert in the late 1960s and in Mellow Yellow he sang the line

I'm just mad about 14 year old girls

and I thought "what the ... ???"

Preservation of the human species. Until recently a lot of woman got married at that age - in some parts of the world, a lot still do.

Are you suggesting that makes it right?

Did you hear him support it in his post, Toad?

Yeah, I thought not.

It's called an observation.

Please don't put unfounded thoughts or accusations into your posts.

• Like 2

I saw Donovan in concert in the late 1960s and in Mellow Yellow he sang the line

Preservation of the human species. Until recently a lot of woman got married at that age - in some parts of the world, a lot still do.

Yeah, I thought not.

Mine was a question, not an accusation. A point of clarity

Understand?

Thought not

• Like 1

Who the hell is Cliff Richards?

Some bloke that releases crappy Christmas songs every year
Cynically released crappy Christmas songs every year, relying on his dementia affected fan base to loyally buy them until he was sensibly banned from just about every UK radio station which stopped this nonsense in its tracks.

They still got to number one though, so not really stopped in it's tracks at all.

Yeah, I thought not.

What a load of !#@$ we are not colonizing another planet or something. A developed society does not condone sex with barely pubescent girls.

• Like 1