My partner does not communicate

hate to tell you this but you dont stay with someone because they are high up on your issues list. Most people stay with their other half because they love each other, without love you basically have nothing. If you want someone to warm your bed fine, but if you want a relationship then you need to change your attitude. Seems to me you simply want company without any other issues raising their heads, maybe you would be better off buying yourself a dog, they are loyal and dont cause any "personal" issues. If you want more find someone you can love.

What do I need to do to change my attitude? I am showing plenty of luv. I am quite lost by this post to be honest. If you are implying that this is a relationship of convenience all I can say that it did not start that way.

Are you suggesting I should settle for any girl as long as we "love" each other? Regardless of her drug habits, financial issues, lies, etc....? Sorry, but I have been around and it simply doesn't work that way. As for a dog as I mentioned earlier I have asthma, so any animal is out of the question.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the no sex for a long time is something one needs to decide whether to accept or reject. Some time down the track, there may be a time when it is she who makes a move, so make yourself hard to get too. Let her long for something that she can't get...

Wifey had been playing the similar game over the last year or so. Got her to open up a bit (that in itself was a challenge). Turned out that, thanks to her ex, she came to some magical conclusion that she don't like sex. It suddenly come out, and then once thai wife says something profound, in front of witnesses, she has to carry it through, or lose face.

Her daughter, from the Ex, corners mum in sex discussion, and then comes out with 'ERRR, you and he don't do sex do you? what about dad?

Wifey jumped back, "of course not"

We've only had sex twice since then when the girls were not in the house (no need to go into what month back that was eh!!).

female thai minds are wonderfully mysterious

You'll probably will go/have gone through a phase, when you are not allowed to even ask the missus "how are you?"

Husband goes through different roller coaster rides when mixing it with a thai missus.

The silence to husband, yet outwardly passionate about every other bodys existence is something one can take quite a while to get usewd to.

I'm used to it smile.png

...and I'll make a point of a kiss good morning, and a kiss goodnight, even though she puts up this wall, that "I lub her too much"

• Like 1

If she's hot, I'll take her of your hands, I don't care about talking. Actually I prefer they shut up all the time.

Hot but not allowed to touch. That sounds like a recipe for a 'Mia Noi' to me or regular trips to the massage parlour for happy endings ;)

...that 'want it now' thing, a couple of Posts back.

I've only got 16 weeks till Super withdrawal time - Yay!!

yeah but missus wants to buy a Louis Vuitton bag - NOW...

... even though we'll be free of 2 mortgages, and over AU$120000 left over in December...

...I'm still in the poop

and loving it wub.png

1. It's about the money.

2. It's always about the money.

3. If you still don't get it, see 1 and 2.

Well clearly we don't need to ask what profession your Thai women are in, do we?

Anyway, OP, I'm surprised no one's rolled this one out yet because it's so obvious :

You're asking for advice on relationships and how you might better empathise with your woman on a forum that - FOR THE MOST PART - is home to a large number of men who've never had the first clue about women.

These are the kind of guys who genuinely believe that a woman has no business saying, "I'm not in the mood".

These are the kind of guys for whom such utterances are an affront to their "manhood"

These are the kind of guys who actually believe they're being altruistic by not demanding sex while a woman is menstruating. (Yes, I know a lot of women feel libidinous at that time, but just as many don't)

These guys are here because - to a large extent - they can buy female deference and pliancy.

If you look for advice in the trash, you're going to get garbage.

• Like 1

1. It's about the money.

Well clearly we don't need to ask what profession your Thai women are in, do we?

Anyway, OP, I'm surprised no one's rolled this one out yet because it's so obvious :

You're asking for advice on relationships and how you might better empathise with your woman on a forum that - FOR THE MOST PART - is home to a large number of men who've never had the first clue about women.

These are the kind of guys who genuinely believe that a woman has no business saying, "I'm not in the mood".

These are the kind of guys for whom such utterances are an affront to their "manhood"

These are the kind of guys who actually believe they're being altruistic by not demanding sex while a woman is menstruating. (Yes, I know a lot of women feel libidinous at that time, but just as many don't)

These guys are here because - to a large extent - they can buy female deference and pliancy.

Sounds like most of these guys are your best buddies, you know them so well

• Like 1

OP,

IME, when a Thai lady says 'she is bored', the word can mean a dozen different things. Usually they say 'bored' just because their vocabulary is limited and 'bored' covers a wide range of emotions.

As for not communicating. her not talking is communicating with you , just you don't know how to read the signs

I have no idea what you talk about but thais do not like to think and know very little about the world - and could care less. She knows English but when you speak too fast her mind goes into a spin. they cannot keep up. they get a headache. They want to run away because the talking is too much. This is the main reason you need to go out to the bar occassionally - maybe 2 times a week and by yourself. Find a farang(s) and talk your head off. He has the same problem.

1. It's about the money.

Why are you digging through the trash?

Looking for money?

OP, firstly you are contendibg with normal woman / man relationship woes most experience. This issue only gets worse when you have language barriers and find out after time you have different desires. I did not read what your age gap is but this also plays a HUGE role in communication issues.

Whike it's hard to offer advice to other people relationship situations it sounds like a good trip somewhere to talk it out is in order. Change up the environment. Ask what she is looking for. Be honest with yourself. Keep in mind this just may not be right. Don't force it. Relationships are supposed to flow.

Good Luck

1. It's about the money.

After pointing out why nobody here can give any meaningful advice, do you have any meaningful advice?

I mean you allude to having read the book, "What Men Need to Know About Women" in fact, you could be the author no?

• Like 2

But some guys just get along swell with the females Thai or otherwise through an abundant amount of personality.

Personality works good in Thailand, but in the Philippines you better have Peso-nality.

I remember years back this type conversation in the USA:

Friend: Would you like to go out on a date with so-&-so's sister-in-law?

Me: Well what does she look like?

Friend: She has a wonderful personality.

• Like 1

I've had 2 long term gf's here over 5 years. The first was a chatterbox, and we developed our own language based around different definitions. It took an amount of caring to be able to communicate well, because we wanted to.

The 2nd was very (very) quiet for long periods. But we developed a language together as well. You both have to really want to, and then it's more than possible to communicate well. If she really doesn't want to try talking with you, then...

It's not working.... yes.

Moving on is sometimes tricky. You think you will find better then you discover 10 different issues you didn't have with a previous girlfriend. I am thinking now that I am in Thailand what crap I am going to have to deal with if I "move on". Crap like girl in debt, girl sending money to her family, girl cheating, lazy gf with no job, stupid, worrying about STD's, etc..... I have none if these problems with my current girl.

Communication is a big issue for me, though.

You need to learn to accept that it doesn't work and to move on indeed.

"plenty of other fish".

The situation here is luckily one where men don't have to accept too much compromise and settle for the next best in fear of finding nobody later to spend the time together...

Moving on is sometimes tricky. You think you will find better then you discover 10 different issues you didn't have with a previous girlfriend. I am thinking now that I am in Thailand what crap I am going to have to deal with if I "move on". Crap like girl in debt, girl sending money to her family, girl cheating, lazy gf with no job, stupid, worrying about STD's, etc..... I have none if these problems with my current girl.

You need to learn to accept that it doesn't work and to move on indeed.

"plenty of other fish".

The situation here is luckily one where men don't have to accept too much compromise and settle for the next best in fear of finding nobody later to spend the time together...

Have you considered NOT MOVING ON TO ANOTHER WOMAN? Maybe you should enjoy things alone for a while instead of trying to jump in to another relationship.