True Mobile Zapping Credit

gc777

Hello All,

I have a pay as you go sim with True.

Recently I have noticed that credit is being used on my phone even though I am not texting, making calls, using GPS or 3G services. For example last night I topped up my credit to 100 Baht, made sure data, GPS and WiFi were all off, haven't used the phone at all and this morning 4 Baht has already been used.

Does anyone know what could be causing this? I did suspect updates from certain aps but I have removed all the aps that I have installed since purchasing the phone,

Thanks

umm...  I think you get charged a network fee for maintaining your number on the system.   In other words, even though you didn't actually use any billable services, your number is constantly being updated on the network so people can call you.

~

WiFi, GPS and 3G services won't cause your account to debit. If this is a SmartPhone and you have access to free (or already paid) WiFi then you want that to be turned ON.

Also, you could call customer support, or log into the carrier website and log in, and see what the charge/debit amount is about. What 'features' or 'add ons' are enabled on the account?  

Usually ghost debits are due to DATA being enabled and used by the phone or some 'add-on' service being activated.

I think I have found the cause. I am receiving junk texts from 'mobile336'. Every time I received one my credit drops by three baht. There is no explanation in the text as how to unsubscribe. I tried registering as spam on my mobile but it tells me the number is invalid. I tried googling it but no joy. Will call support and see if they can help. Thanks again for the responses.