applying for a teacher license

Preacher

Per the title I want to apply for a full teaching license now that I have completed the so called cultural course. One thing in the application form i don't understand and i hope someone who has gone through the process can help me explain it.

What is meant with "copy of certification of assement" for persons starting teaching after the 11th of June 2003?

Doesn't seem to be an English profficiency test, as it doesn't mention for non-native speakers.

Any help more than appreciated.

Do you have a degree in education or passed the seemingly impossible 4 exams set for TCT? Otherwise, youre applying for waivers.

That "copy of certification of assessment" sounds an awful lot like a report card wtih your four passed TCT exams.

Thanks for your reply, that might be it.

I have a degree that in my country automatically with a license to teach the subject I have a degree in at any level under college and university. It is an old rule, but means I am fully qualified to teach and I have a statement from the ministry of education in my country that confirms that I am fully qualified to teach. Just not in Eglish as I do now, but I am a qualified teacher.

As far as I can find out it is within the rules of the TCT to get a teaching license. The license requirements do not state in which subject you must be a qualified teacher.

My country doesn't have a teaching license system. The mentioned letter is all that is issued and the gateway to teaching in the European Union (and hopefully Thailand).

I was wondering about the TOIeC score, but it is a requirement for the waiver and not mentioned as a requirement for the actual lisence. But no problem to get a TOIEC if asked for. Just a few days extra delay.

Off-topic posts and replies have been deleted. The OP is asking a specific question about applying for a Teacher's License. Comments about grammar are off-topic and will result in suspensions. It would appear that numerous posters know nothing about the subject, so it would be advisable not to post in this topic.

.....Unless, you want a warning and suspension, that is.

Per the title I want to apply for a full teaching license now that I have completed the so called cultural course. One thing in the application form i don't understand and i hope someone who has gone through the process can help me explain it.

What is meant with "copy of certification of assement" for persons starting teaching after the 11th of June 2003?

Doesn't seem to be an English profficiency test, as it doesn't mention for non-native speakers.

Any help more than appreciated.

You'll have to get all documents translated into Thai, and certified, if they're not in English. Then just go to the TCT and ask them. Good luck,.

P.S. And maybe a TOEIC certificate.

Edited by lostinisaan

• 1 month later...

Thanks to all for replying. Here is a little update.

This week i just received my full teaching license, no more waivers for me.

I can't say if I recieved my teaching licence based on the letter from my government confirming I am qualified to teach as I might also have qualified because I have been teaching in Thailand since the year 2000.

No TOEIC test was required. Seems that is only for the waiver, but not for the actual teaching license.

All documents I submitted were in English or translated to English. No translation into Thai was needed and my experience with the TCT is that they have some people there who speak excellent English and also read English very well.

Edited by Preacher
  • Like 1

No TOEIC test was required. Seems that is only for the waiver, but not for the actual teaching license.

All documents I submitted were in English or translated to English. No translation into Thai was needed and my experience with the TCT is that they have some people there who speak excellent English and also read English very well.

Okay. Last time i was at the TCT i had to have a TOEIC but that was for a waiver and not the actual license. Good to know that you don't need a TOEIC when you apply for the actual license.