Any news from Vientiane for tourist visa ?

Hi, my situation is simple :

- My wife is pregnant (3 months)

- I'm getting married tomorrow (16th, the ceremony, it's not officially since it takes 2months to get an appointment at my Ambassy in bangkok to get the right papers.

- My tourist visa stop on 24th august and i will ask a 30 days extension after that.

its the 2nd double entry tourist visa in my passport, and i have to say that i'm very scared to see that maybe people could get refused to come back to thailand ...in my situation especially.

Should i just go to vientiane and ask for a 3rd Toursit visa ? should i snap a Student visa (wouldn't be a problem actually)

Am i right to be afraid of the situation ?

Thx for the answer guys ;)

There is no "crackdown" on doing tourist visa entries or getting tourist visas. Don't worry about it.

It seems a singel entry should give you enough time to get everything done. You will have no problem getting it.

Just be sure you can prove you are not working here if they ask when you enter the country.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I would like to up this topic , i'm going to vientiane in 10 days now and i just would like to make sure that it's still ok to ask a double entry from the thai embassy there.

Like " UbonJoe " said, there is no change to single / double entry ? is that confirmed ?

thx u all for the help !