1 month in PH or Laos, 3 Months in Thailand possible?

I would like to know if doing this

1) going outside for 1 month.

2) coming back with a 90 days tourist visa

... back to 1) and so on

is possible with the new rules? I am from France, how many days I have when I enter Thailand on a tourist visa?

What would be the best solution to stay in Thailand and go out on a regular basis?

60 days + 30 days
Border land u have 30 days l did it 23 July l got 30 day border Cambodia Thai
I hade German friend with me he also get 30 days (G7)
U cant go out country and back same day .u can go Phnom phen and there are a lot of office on riverside depend ur nationality for France between 45 to 52$ u wait 3 to 5 days and u have ur visa Edited by gringo99

Apparently the new rules (in effect 30th August) are that you cannot spend more than 6 months on a tourist visa.

That mean you need to go 90 days outside, then come back with a 60 days visa from aboard Thai consulate, then apply to a 1 month extension (1900 baht) at the immigration.

Anyone can confirm?

Apparently the new rules (in effect 30th August) are that you cannot spend more than 6 months on a tourist visa.

That mean you need to go 90 days outside, then come back with a 60 days visa from aboard Thai consulate, then apply to a 1 month extension (1900 baht) at the immigration.

Anyone can confirm?

No, there no new rules like that. You can read in the dedicated threads what the new rules for extension of stay are - very little changes.

No changes for tourist visa and no maximum days. Edited by paz
  • Like 1

In Thai embassy in Paris . Its clear u can't spend more than 6 month in Thailand on touriste visa or exempt visa . & if u get visa u have to wait 3 month outside Thailand for u can have new visa & touriste visa are limited on 3 per years

In Thai embassy in Paris . Its clear u can't spend more than 6 month in Thailand on touriste visa or exempt visa . & if u get visa u have to wait 3 month outside Thailand for u can have new visa & touriste visa are limited on 3 per years

I think that is the only embassy in the world that has set such requirements.

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs certainly has set no such a requirement.

"if you have 20k to show per month, plan of travel, some booking, and fly tickets to go out... you are a real tourist"

there is one rule that apparently still is not implemented

You can't stay more than 3 months with visa exempt, within 6 month period, a lot of countries have this rule that is basically that you can comeback as tourist X period of time after X period of time you will be outside the country, but really this is a internal measure, if you go out the country and later back after some weeks, nobody will check if you follow that rule, only if they really want denied your entry and actually the IO not need a reason to do that.

just avoid visa exempt, and have everything to show that you are a tourist if they ask.

"if you have 20k to show per month, plan of travel, some booking, and fly tickets to go out... you are a real tourist"

there is one rule that apparently still is not implemented

You can't stay more than 3 months with visa exempt, within 6 month period, a lot of countries have this rule that is basically that you can comeback as tourist X period of time after X period of time you will be outside the country, but really this is a internal measure, if you go out the country and later back after some weeks, nobody will check if you follow that rule, only if they really want denied your entry and actually the IO not need a reason to do that.

just avoid visa exempt, and have everything to show that you are a tourist if they ask.

That rule was implemented in 2006 and then cancelled in 2008, It will not be bought back.

• Like 2