All DTAC Prepaid Internet packages renew except daily/hourly?

I'm trying to figure out the DTAC internet packages on offer, and it seems that all renew unless signing up for daily or hourly packages? Is this correct?

** Is there a monthly package that can be activated manually for periods of a month when the user actually needs them?

Reason I ask is last time I signed for a monthly package expecting a months service then no more. I traveled overseas with SIM off, only to find when I got back a few months later the monthly plan was recurring and my account drained. Very annoying as I needed to make a call when I turned the SIM back on again. OK, I didn't read the (very) small print that time in t&c so my fault!! I've just looked at their web site http://www.dtac.co.th/en/prepaid/products/Happy-internet-package.html and cannot seem to find any non recurring monthly packages? Unless I am mistaken? There's no way to turn them off either AFAIK without calling their help center so I'm reluctant to sign up for any besides the daily packages? 

As far as I know, yes. Everything from weekly up is recurring. You can cancel via email actually - though I've registered my SIM as well, so they can identify me through various questions about my registered ID. And there's a website though I haven't tried canceling via that. Calling 1678 isn't *that* painful either?

I have a prepaid SIM. As you both have said the recurring packages can be stopped by calling 1678 or an email.

* Wouldn't it be nice if the package recurrence could be stopped by a text message like used to activate it to start with? Is there a reason I wonder??

I have tried the email in the past as I am a registered member but they didn't reply. (Why would they when there is the chance to charge my account more?). Calling 1678 is not always easy when my phone is using another SIM in another country. The only way I can deal with this is to try and keep my balance low so I don't loose too much (if I make a mistake!), but more recently I have just signed up for crappy (low 3G allowance) non recurring daily packages as a low balance is not in my interests when travelling and need for occasional international roaming.

Edited by WorriedNoodle

I've never had an email to true or dtac ignored - they always reply. The longest delay I've had is two days (True). I don't know why everyone else seems to have such trouble.

I call to cancel when I'm at the airport, it doesn't take that long? Just a few questions to verify identity then that's that.

Try registering for the e-service website?
  • Like 1

One more thing - you mentioned roaming. I've found that the DTAC top up scratch cards work while you're outside Thailand as well. So I keep a couple in my Thailand wallet so when I'm abroad and I need money in my dtac account I use that. If you're doubtful you can try first with the 60-baht scratch cards?
  • Like 1