Incident today outside Royal Garden Plaza

Asiantravel

At about 1:30 PM today I was in front of Royal Garden Plaza on the beach road  side  when three police pickup trucks pulled up and all the uniformed guys got out and walked down beach road .

Shortly after they came back and they were pushing an old red coloured car, the opposite way to the traffic flow into one of the parking bays normally occupied by taxis. I've no idea why they chose to leave it there in front of a shopping centre when there were hordes of tourists coming in and out.

Then  2  men appeared wearing heavy protective clothing and started working in the trunk of the car while two other officers were blowing whistles and directing traffic to the far beachside lane. 2 motorbike taxi riders then said they were looking for an explosive device.

I've no idea if this incident  will be in the news but I wondered if it has any connections to the  imitation bomb they found in Bangkok hospital pattaya a week or two ago?

They have traffic police enforcing the parking rules quite strictly now so they might have ached on a suspicious looking/parked car. 

1 pick-up and 2 police on a bike, they seems to be there more than one time a day.

But then again is they feared a bomb laden car they will most likely don't do it in this matter (I hope).