How do some schools get work permits for those without a college degree (but with a TEFL )

I know that some schools hire people with a TEFL certification but no college degree. Most schools in BKK say without a degree they can not get you a WP. I think they are just lazy as I know it can be done I just don't know how. Does anybody know?

It cannot be done. A teacher needs a teaching license or a waiver. That is not given without a degree.

But for some schools, in essence language schools/tutoring schools, no teaching license is required. Nor is a teaching license required for a teaching assistant.

You are incorrect, no teaching license is required. I know many teachers, with degrees, who have no teachers licence. They tell me it is not necessary and I have never read anywhere that it is, Only a 4 year degree in any field, does not have to be teaching.

you can't get a waiver without a recognised degree. the waiver enables you to teach in schools. you can teach in unversities, higher education and languages without a waiver.

You are incorrect, no teaching license is required. I know many teachers, with degrees, who have no teachers licence. They tell me it is not necessary and I have never read anywhere that it is, Only a 4 year degree in any field, does not have to be teaching.

The law is crystal clear that a teaching license is required for a teacher at elementary and secondary schools. Teaching without the license is a criminal offense, separate from the offense of not having a work permit.

http://www.google.co.th/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CBsQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fsite.ksp.or.th%2Fdownload-file.php%3FAction%3Ddownload%26DataID%3D301&ei=FjTnU5rLF4Xo8AXG5ICYAQ&usg=AFQjCNEjGFbJwPf1vF9VFoFFWceZlvkMQw&bvm=bv.72676100,d.dGc

Opens a PDF file of the relevant law that regulates who needs a teaching license and who not.

you are obviously not a teacher in Thailand, and dont know what your talking about. I have spoken to several teachers most teaching over 10 years and only 1 has a Thai teaching license ans 1 is getting it, the rest say it is not important. If you are not a teacher and don't know what your talking about please do not respond to this post, bring your doom and gloom somewhere else please.

you are obviously not a teacher in Thailand, and dont know what your talking about. I have spoken to several teachers most teaching over 10 years and only 1 has a Thai teaching license ans 1 is getting it, the rest say it is not important. If you are not a teacher and don't know what your talking about please do not respond to this post, bring your doom and gloom somewhere else please.

I am a teacher, in Thailand and I do know what I am talking about. The link gives you the relevant law. Further rules are provided by immigration, who will not give an extension of stay to a teacher without the necessary qualifications according to mentioned law.

Since you are obviously not interested in discussing or even listening to what others have to say there is not much point in this discussion.

CLOSED.

• Like 1