Caught her out with an IP trace

WhamBam

What email service was she using? This does not seem possible to do with emails originating from either gmail nor hotmail.

A yahoo.com e-mail. With the shop (I presume owners name) at the start, though I looked that up last.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Congratulations WhamBam on finding out your GF was not where she was meant to be!

But, are you really sure what you are reading from your IP trace?

Not sure exactly what you are refering to with a WHOIS on an email address and how it could be satisfied with an address on Beach Road? I've never put a postal address on any email account and an IP trace will only show you the IP block that has been asigned by the ISP, the IP location will be that of the ISP (Internet Service Provider).

Same goes for your IP trace, it will show the ISP.

Anyway, that is my only my understanding............wai.gif

Hope you haven't burnt the girl on assumption.

As I answered above, somewhere (LOL) it was a combination of things but the final thing was the listing of the shop itself as on Beach Road in Pattaya.

Possibly because it is not restricted - I do not know for sure.

For example thaivisa.com shows very little info because it is restricted. Maybe that is an option with some companies or some do it as standard, or because it came via a yahoo e-mail address. My brain is tired at 1-30 a.m. :)

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

not too sure how you traced an email to an IP?

IP trace on an email would trace the IP the mailbox on the server is located not her location surely?

Anyway.... never understood how someone could be with someone so long and not know they are doing the dirty on them, that is not a dig just surprises me, anyway hopefully you will find a nice lady soon to make up for the lost time, good luck.

Exactly.

Go on op, tell us how you traced her ip please?

You can't through her email far as I know.

He cant track her to beach road Pattaya.

If you're that good op, post my address. Not suburb, the street.

Sorry, too many blocks of text . Will not allow me to post all of it.

Read back a bit where I have now said ALL I recall doing (a few post above this one) to get where I got to.

I can trace my IP to my home town with ease and even get the first 3 digits of my postcode area - though that does cover a lot of people and a large area.

IF there are any doubts to the truth of how I have said I have done it and reached my conclusion, I'd be happy to PM the details to a mod who understands these things and the mod can easily follow it through smile.png On the condition some names are not released.

I cannot be fairer than that, can I?

Now off to bed :P

I hope I answered the how I did it to the satisfaction of those who asked. Maybe the topic title itself is a bit off kilter - apologies for that.

The point is, I did get the info. I was suspicious and my suspicions were correct. And it has saved me a lot of potential problems for the future biggrin.pngwhistling.gif

• Like 2

OP - in no way is this to ridicule you - how much have you sent her over the years?

5000 Baht this year for her mother's birthday.

After all, the shop was supposedly doing well enough.

Last year I gave her 27000 that was to help out with the shop - allegedly.

But we were together at that time, though not in Issan. Her sister was supposed to be in charge of the shop at that time. Though I do wonder whose shop it actually is.

Not a fortune really, is it. I don't like to give lots of money away ;)

And you wonder why she moved on!

Sent from my GT-S7270L using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Be careful with the information coming out of an IP search. Did you also try to find your own IP as a control? I did and mine resulted at a location in Japan while I live in Thailand! God thank my wife didn't check....

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Well done the OP, he followed his own instincts and it paid off and to elaborate:

The OP says that his so-called girlfriend is computer illiterate. But considering that since he met her she has been lying, than how is it possible to blieve anything she says.

If you want to follow your Thai wife or girlfriend’s activities it is extremely easy to be your own detective and most of it can be done at home on the computer from the comfort of your own armchair.

I guarantee that she will have either a facebook account, twitter, my space, Google plus, Utube or have profiles on other social networking sites or on multiple networking websites perhaps even ads on dating sites.

What you need:

Her email addresses

IP address

Mobile phone numbers

Any nicknames she uses

Actual Name

Residential address.

First try typing in either her real name, nickname, phone numbers or emailing addresses into facebook in order to find her facebook account.

Next type any of the information you already have about her into various search engines, especially Google and see if she is mentioned in any of the lists that appear. Also do a Google image search. I bet my bottom dollar that this will yield in results. You will be amazed what amazing results this will have just by only typing in an email address or mobile phone number. Also do a search in Skype, MSN messenger, Yahoo messenger, Windows Live and on dating sites such as Date In Asia, POF, Thai Kisses and others that Thai girls most commonly use.

There are various free people, social networking search engines and image comparison searches also available online. If you discover photos of her online, download the photos onto your hard drive and do a Google and TinEye image search to see where else she has uploaded her photos she may be using on her profiles.

At one time a close friend asked me to conduct an online search for his Thai girlfriend and within only 5 minutes I knew more about this person than my friend had known since the 2 years he was dating her. It transpired that this girl had a string of farangs on the go, including a couple of Arabs. It was all there in plain view on the social networking sites called, HI5.com, Tagged.com and Badoo that are popular with Thai women.

Also worth noting, for those who know how to do this like the OP, do an email header search to obtain where the emails originate from, which will give details of the ISP and area. Where the girlfriend is claiming to be living and working can be checked out on Google Street View.

One major point in all this, is that the online searches must be discrete and the person unaware that these searches are taking place. Otherwise if they get even a hint that their activities are under scrutiny, they will quickly make their profiles private or change their user names and other details so that it becomes extremely difficult to track them online.

you should swrite a book. Thai prostitutes and how to stalk them..................lol.

If one cant tell if you got a prostitute on your hands......you really shouldnt even be in thailand

Edited by choochoo

Is lying the proof they don't love? Most of them do for different reasons, I only say that the fact this girl was in Pataya would not be enough for me to blow up a 3 year relationship.

I am real, she could be visiting a friend. My experience after 20y Thailand, they lie for many diffetent reason. To catch a girl lying is not difficult but not nevessarily a reason to dump her.

Seeing how dumb some guys responses here are. I can see how the girls get away with all they get awy with.

What i dont get is are the guys really that clueless???????????????

I am sure this forum will appreciate your valuable contribution...your IQ must be at least 80 ( i could be lying)

Seeing how dumb some guys responses here are. I can see how the girls get away with all they get awy with.

I am sure this forum will appreciate your valuable contribution...your IQ must be at least 80 ( i could be lying)

Lets review. Most say you were fooled by a hooker. Move on.

One guy says you need to find out why the girl lied............................maybe it might work..................what a kettle of buffalo crocK

Edited by choochoo

Now off to bed tongue.png

I hope I answered the how I did it to the satisfaction of those who asked. Maybe the topic title itself is a bit off kilter - apologies for that.

The point is, I did get the info. I was suspicious and my suspicions were correct. And it has saved me a lot of potential problems for the future biggrin.pngwhistling.gif

I salute you for coming back to this thread to face the music. And you're right, plenty of fishes in the sea, so you'll be fine. What I am thoroughly confused about now is whether a person's whereabouts can be traced through an e-mail IP address. Seems to be a lot of strong opinions on both sides.

What I find dumb is going to Pattaya to find a girlfriend then complaining if she goes back there.

Simple really - prostitutes, or girls willing to have sex for money) go to Pattaya to find a farang.

What on earth do farang think they are going there for - the beach?

Edited by Neeranam

Have you never done the walk of shame?

Never had the dubious joy of the trying to chew off your arm in the morning cos last nights eight pinter looks like Jingthing in a wig?

Give it a rest with your high moral ground bile - one of the joys of my life -

And I bet you this applies to most guys on this forum.

Has been empty, meaningless sexual encounters.

Another quality tourist.

The "joy" of your life is getting drunk and going with prostitutes? Really?

It may surprise you to learn that not everyone living in Thailand is a sexpat boasting about his "eight pinters".

• Like 1

I fully agree with Dave, most long-time expats have a more realistic view. They also know that girls who go to Pataya are not necessarily hookers. How dare they to judge like this, just go to Pataya on the week end or long holidays, there are more Thai people on the beach than farangs!

Now off to bed tongue.png

I salute you for coming back to this thread to face the music. And you're right, plenty of fishes in the sea, so you'll be fine. What I am thoroughly confused about now is whether a person's whereabouts can be traced through an e-mail IP address. Seems to be a lot of strong opinions on both sides.

It can't.

The OP got called out and has since tried a whole lot of mumbo jumbo to confuse people further.

She was using Yahoo. The Yahoo email server IP address is all that would have showed up on the email Header.

I think he just got an IP address that wasn't her Issan location, called her bluff based on suspicion and it turned out correct. He suspected, made a good call and she confirmed.

• Like 1

Posts removed

Netiquette

posts regarding others spelling and grammar not only hijacks the topic but is poor netiquette.

10) Do not discuss moderation publicly in the open forum; this includes individual actions, and specific or general policies and issues. You may send a PM to a moderator to discuss individual actions or email support (at) thaivisa.com to discuss moderation policy.

So nice to see a moderator stepping in to stop the grammar and spelling crap!

For many on TV English may not be their first language and they may have more important things in their lives then learning how to spell a language as difficult and senseless as English.

And yes, the criticism of spelling and language is off topic and not relevant to any but the complainer.

Thank you for doing what a moderator should be doing!

A good call? That we will never know...

If the OP is good with his decision, then so be it. The fact that there was the level of mistrust in his relationship doesn't suggest it was going to be good going forward.