Cataract surgery in Bangkok or Pattaya

thaisabai

Hi all

any good address/prices for cataract surgery?

is it safe?

I have been looking in the US, where the average price for 1 eye is 3000 to 4000 dollars.

The price in Pattaya international hospital is 75,000 - 80,000 Baht with multifocal lens, but I am not sure if they are qualified.

the price in Pattaya Bangkok hospital is 110,000 Baht with multifocal lens.

any suggestions/experiences welcome.

thank you

Thaisabai

I go to queen sirakit naval hospital in satahip,I do not need the operation yet but far cheaper than Pattaya or Bangkok,long wait every time but very good doctors,you will need to register,take a Thai speaker,although most speak English they advise it

Edited by i claudius

I am not going let anyone operate on my eyes who I can't comminicate with on my own.

Well the doctor has her own clinic in pattaya and works at the international hospital as well you can talk to her there and pay far far more than at sirikit best of luck

What is the usual recovery period after a cataract operation?

I'm thinking of having my sister come visit and have the surgery, but how long would she need to plan on staying before the all clear to get on an airplane to go home to the USA?

What is the usual recovery period after a cataract operation?

I'm thinking of having my sister come visit and have the surgery, but how long would she need to plan on staying before the all clear to get on an airplane to go home to the USA?

Recovery period few hours before she will see again as normal (but then better as before).

1 week for the cornea flap to close back and end the immediate infection risk. Can fly back home same day as operation but preferably just after 1 week.

Recovery period few hours before she will see again as normal (but then better as before).

1 week for the cornea flap to close back and end the immediate infection risk. Can fly back home same day as operation but preferably just after 1 week.

After a one-week follow-up with the doctor, are further follow-up visits usually needed? (I'd be very nervous about her coming home from the hospital, getting on an airplane the next day, and never seeing the doctor again!)

Please take a look at the recent thread I started: Cataract surgury, my experience. Had mine done in Chiangmai which is actualy a more interesting place than Bangkok, and a lot easier to get around.

Thanks. Interesting information in that thread. I doubt I could convince her to to go India, but maybe I can convince her to come to Thailand and stay a couple weeks.

The closest "experience" I've had with cataracts was when a family friend had surgery back in the 1960s. I don't recall him talking about the implant being a corrective lens, and I know he still wore bi-focals afterward. It sounds like it's standard now to have at least mono-correction in the implant?