entering thailand with a one way tiket

was speaking to someone in a uk thai consulate office she said iff I got a mulltry entry visa I can enter Thailand on a singe/one way tiket

this tiket is cheaper than a return and I wont b using the return anytime soon,wats your views anyone help needed

There is no mulitple entry tourist visa or a non-immigrant tourist visa. He could have a double entry tourist visa or a multiple non-O visa based on being over 50.

But for the question of the OP that is irrelevant, he has a visa and that is all what matters regarding the need for a return ticket or not.

Can I ask on what basis you are applying for a multi -entry Non Immigrant visa ?

tourist

I have just done some research, but cannot find the "Tourist" category for this type of visa. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks.

I think you may already know that tourist visas are not issued as multiple entries. They are only issued by the number of entries allowed and paid for.

in the past ive always got a single ticket,either way,(use to be a post a few years ago,how it worked out cheaper),not so sure now,anway ive always had a o visa or extension of stay with re entry on these trips,and if i rember correctly you were advised when you applied for visa to state the reason and the consenses at the time was to put tourist in the request box.

I believe the rule has always stated a return or outward ticket is necessary OR sufficient funds to buy one.

A return or onward ticket is not required if you have visa.

Enter the info here and you will see this from the IATA database in the info given there is no mention of needing one if you have a visa. http://www.staralliance.com/en/services/visa-and-health/#

"Warning:

- Visitors who are visa exempt but do not hold return/onward

tickets could be refused entry."

• Like 1