Help With Mobile Phone Language Updates

smartecosse

i need a bit of help with adding thai language to a motorola V3 and a sony ericsson P900, looked on the web sites but got no where.

i am assuming that there is a language file update somewhere for them but cannot find it.

can anyone point me in the right direction?

ta much

Hi

Somewhere like TukCom (Pattaya) or PanThip (BKK) will add the Thai language for a few hundred Baht. Probably any mobile phone shop will be able to do it for you.

Did this for GF's V3 (bought in UK) and it is fine except that I-tunes (for MP3) is still only in english (probably no Thai version anyway) and she tells me that she cannot send SMS in Thai (but this could just be incompetence on her part).

Hope this helps.

DM

There are several places on the second floor of Tuk Com in Pattaya where you can have Thai installed, and the normal price is 400 baht (or thereabouts). Just one thing, does either of your telephones have a dual key pad, English and Thai? If not, then there's no point in installing Thai language. However, you can buy replacement dual language keyboards in Tuk Com....copies 180 baht, original about 300 baht but I think the Thai capabilities are still very limited. The Thai language support is is for configuring the telephones and accessing the system but for, key pad use, I'm not so sure that it would work on an imported phone....hence the problem with sending SMSs.

I could be completely out of date and wrong on this information now but, 6 years ago, I had Thai installed in my telephone at MBK in Bangkok and it was a complete waste of money as, as I've said, the communication capabilities hardly changed.

Can't help you on the Sony, but for the V3, there is an active online community that edits the firmware. Big and little changes available. Don't have the links, but google for "flex" and "seem" and "motorola."

MBK might be easier, though.

Anybody know how to do it for the cheap Nokia's? (1xxx series)

thanks for the help guys, keypad change for the V3 shouldnt be that hard and the virtual key pad on the p900 should default to a thai keypad i hope if the thai language is chosen ??

in ohuket at the moment so MBK and Pantip a bit far away but might go and ask at the mobile phone section at the "local" mall and see what they say :o