Australian Tourist Rejected - need help NOW (please)

This member has posted this in the Australian Visa Thread which is fine ... but sometimes the responses are a little bit slow there, so I picked up his question and posted it as a Topic.

Ezekielyon wrote here ... http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/534835-australian-tourist-visa-application/?p=8259030

Dear all,

I recently ran into some problems applying for a tourist visa for my girlfriend. Her visa application has been rejected twice.

A little background on the issue.
I'm 26 and I'm from Singapore, so I got my electronic visa, pretty straightforward thing. I'm being invited to Sydney as a judge for an international ornamental fish show and so I planned to bring my girlfriend of 2 years there for a holiday as well. I intend to propose to her there also (she doesn't know about it, its meant to be a surprise).

My girlfriend is 24, student. She's helping me in my business (ornamental fish exporter) when she is not studying.

The first application was rejected as in the application form, we wrote that I'll be paying for her expenses, but the reason for rejection was that there is insufficient evidence that I'm her boyfriend.

So in the second application, we have 4 Australian citizens named as our sponsors, a letter of invitation from the society that invited me to judge at that show (her name is included in that letter), airfare and accommodation bookings and receipts (not low cost airline and pretty high end hotel), a letter from myself stating that I'm bringing her on a holiday, and even pictures of us from the past 2 years.

However, the second application was rejected again, saying that they think she has no incentive to return to Thailand after the trip.

I feel pretty pissed as it seems that they have doubts on the integrity of the sponsors and myself. I also don't think the officer that rejected the application did go through all of the documents submitted as the officer only state 2 sponsors out of the 4 sponsors in the rejection letter.

I've been planning for this trip since May, and we booked our airfare during early June. The trip is scheduled to fly on the 27th of August, so it leaves us about a week to get it done. There isn't enough time to file another application through VFS.

I've also prepared a ring for the proposal, arranged with my friends over there to book a nice restaurant over looking Sydney Harbour, and hired photographers while I propose to her on the last night of our trip (2nd Sept). I've been very troubled by this. Is there anyway I can file another application that can be approved in time?

Thanks in advance

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The guy above has 9 days to get his Thai gf a Tourist Visa for Australia.

She has been rejected twice before.

The first time for "rejection was that there is insufficient evidence that I'm her boyfriend".

The second time because "they think she has no incentive to return to Thailand".

The Man is from Singapore. His Visa is sorted.

The plane fares have been booked and paid for.

Time is of the essence ... can you help him?

Ezekielyon I don't often say this but I would contact a Visa Agent as you need professional advice very quickly.

One of the members here is ThaiVisaExpress ... he offers good advice and the members here have said solid things about his advices and professional help.

So, given your tight time frame ... I would suggest you also enquire there also.

Good Luck.

Come back, when it's all over and tell us your experiences with the Visa .. successful or not etc.

As the OP has been invited to attend a commercial event in Oz perhaps it is worth approaching the Commercial Attache at the Oz Singapore / BKK Embassy for some assistance with resolving his issue with VFS?

Edited by simple1
  • Like 1

Our Australian friends will be aware of this service, it might be worth a shot.

Any applicant wishing to personally speak with an Immigration Officer about their Family migration visa application may do so by visiting the Visa Application Centre between 2:00pm and 4:00pm each Thursday (except Embassy holidays). Staff from the Visa and Immigration Office of the Australian Embassy Bangkok will be available to address queries and meet with applicants wishing to lodge migration visa application at the Australian Visa Application Centre.

I just called the embassy, and after all the automated voice and stuff, I'm still unable to speak to a human.

I called VFS and finally was able to speak to a human. They say I should file another application with new documents and also state that we should let them know that it's urgent.

I think I will file another application but I have some questions.

Is showing her bank statements important? As she is a student and she kind of works for me, there isn't much movement going on in her bank account. Only sometimes I give her some money to pay our suppliers (not over 20,000 each time).

Would showing my Paypal statement help? I can't access my bank account over here, and the only account I can access to is my paypal, which I use it for my B to C sales.

What other documents can I submit to further strengthen the reason?

Thanks in advance!

The reason your girlfriends application seems to be failing is that she's not demonstrating her strong ties to Thailand, and thus her reasons to return, that's what I think they mean by incentives to return. The application is about her not you, though evidence of your subsisting relationship and your ties to Thailand might help.

She really needs to demonstrate that her ties to Thailand outweigh her reasons to overstay in Australia.

You say she's a student, did she provide evidence of this? She should supply details of her course, including how long she's been on it and evidence that she's expected to return following her trip.

Do you live together, can you provide evidence of this?

• Like 1

A reason that DIAC could be questioning your bonafides is that if one plugs into google "International Ornamental Fish Show Sydney" nothing much comes up that matches. This likely sets alarm bells ringing.

Just saying...

Think khun David48 is on the right path with his advice to contact a visa agent.

If Money is not a major issue, I would be contacting a Visa Agent.

Yep overload the application with all her reasons to return. Thats what they want, thats what they get. Contact a visa service asap. As David mentioned. Theres still time, but get moving.

Gee vfs are really stupid sometimes.

Please keep us posted, and fingers crossed.

I just called the embassy, and after all the automated voice and stuff, I'm still unable to speak to a human.

I called VFS and finally was able to speak to a human. They say I should file another application with new documents and also state that we should let them know that it's urgent.

I think I will file another application but I have some questions.

Is showing her bank statements important? As she is a student and she kind of works for me, there isn't much movement going on in her bank account. Only sometimes I give her some money to pay our suppliers (not over 20,000 each time).

Would showing my Paypal statement help? I can't access my bank account over here, and the only account I can access to is my paypal, which I use it for my B to C sales.

What other documents can I submit to further strengthen the reason?

Thanks in advance!

Of course VFS are going to tell you to submit another application, even if your application is declined they still gets paid.

As theoldgit said, show her paperwork that says she's enrolled in University. Showing your account (paypal or otherwise) isn't going to satisfy their "reason to return" concern.

You say you're from Singapore but are you based here in Thailand, registered for VAT and all that jazz? If so, I'd be submitting this, this will give weight for a reason to return.

If you're not, then forget the above.

• Like 1

Theoldgit,

Yes she provided evidence of her course at Ramkamheang Uni, but the officer said that it's an open uni and therefore there isn't a need to attend classes, therefore assuming that there isn't a need to go back to Thailand.

GrantSmith,

The name of the society is Sydney Splendens Society, which the show details should come up when you google it. I also submitted a letter from the society and I think it didn't help.

David48, krisb,

Unfortunately money is quite an issue. I read that the fees are about £500? I can pay another 5000 baht for another application but £500 is pretty high for me, unless there is a guarantee that the visa can go through, which I understand is difficult for the agent to provide a guarantee for it.

I'm going down to the embassy to enquire more on the details of how I can expedite that

GrantSmith,

Yes I have shares in another company which is registered for VAT and stuff like that but her name is not in that company, only mine

But the fish exporting company (the one your girlfriend works part time) is not registered with the DBD / RD (for VAT) and you don't have a work permit to work here in Thailand for this company?

Is the other company related to the fish export company?

Do you live in Thailand or in Singapore, aside from the fish export company what are you doing (in Thailand) that could further your girlfriends chances of having a reason to return?

The fish export is not registered under my name but I'm running it.

My permit is under a watch company. I fly in between Thailand and Singapore as most of my customers are in Singapore but I spend most of my time in Thailand.

I just spoke with a case officer at the embassy who rejected the first application. He mention that since I'm one of her sponsors, I should show my financial status in the next application. However he didn't give any suggestions as to how can we show that she has incentive to come back.

Looks like I have to submit another application but there's no guarantee that it can go through before the flight

The fish export is not registered under my name but I'm running it.

My permit is under a watch company. I fly in between Thailand and Singapore as most of my customers are in Singapore but I spend most of my time in Thailand.

I just spoke with a case officer at the embassy who rejected the first application. He mention that since I'm one of her sponsors, I should show my financial status in the next application. However he didn't give any suggestions as to how can we show that she has incentive to come back.

Looks like I have to submit another application but there's no guarantee that it can go through before the flight

The case officer gave you the suggestion, he just didn't say "this is what will get you across the line". Show your income plus your work permit from the Watch company thus giving her a reason to return.

How about your status here in Thailand? Have found in similar situations that establishing the boy friend's status here help to convince interviewing consular officers that the girl friend will also return to Thailand.

Do you have a Thai work permit? She should show that at interview time.

How about your visa status? Non-B, extended year-by-year? Other?

Do you two live together? Do you lease an apartment? Your name? Bills in your name?

Long time relationship? Need to state this in a short cover note.

All this on paper helps to show that you'll be coming back after the trip, and the presumption will also hopefully be that she will too.

Mac

Thank you all for the advices and comments.
I will file another application tomorrow with every document I have to prove that she will come back. I'm hoping for the best.

I just didn't know that bringing my girlfriend on a short holiday could be such a hassle sad.png

OP you did not address all the required aspects in your application. Mine is being assessed currently. You have time but rush to an agent to outline ALL the required detail.

They want her bank passport. Original and copy. Even if zero funds. They want copy of house book etc etc.

This is tip of iceberg. Agent will outline all.

Compelling reason to return is important. ( i think load of rubbish but thats the rules)

Provide evidence of her studies and current enrollment . Family ties etc. Provide too much rather than too little. Good luck man.

OP ....I was under impression that thre never is a reason given as to rejection.

Here you state that you received 2 very specific reasons. One for each application.

Why didn't they give you both reasons on first application.

Something strange here?

Op,

You should add letters from people/family who know you both. Letters stating particularly- she has time off work to go to this show, she must return for work, study etc in Thailand. Family,, teachers, anyone who knows her to verify as a third person your story. 3 letters should be suffice.

You'll need to provide as much mometary evidence and ties to thailand for her and yourself. As your not an Ozzie citizen, sponsorhsip on your part is not applicable. You'll need to show the moneys is more hers then yours. Any formal documents with her name and your will be worth showing for funds even if is jointly. If she doesn't have much then detail it in the cover letter and state how she lives and earns money. You need to write a story for them otherwise they will interpret the way they see it.

I would resubmit everything you have previously submitted , I would list every document in a cover sheet detailing her docs and yours separate. Adding more of her docs then yours if possible. They are assessing her, not you.

I would also write a cover letter saying whay you are re-applying after 2 rejections with urgency stated in the matter. Exaplain everything here and more.

Give them every reason not to reject you.

I had a 12month visa rejected once, they gave me a 3 month instead. I quickly turned around and explained why I thought they made a mistake, I explained I had the evidence contrary to their determinations and bingo I got the visa I had just been rejected on.

I would even go as far as to call the case officer that rejected you last and explain that the previous application did not mention this rejection and vice versa. They are accountable and they need to explain it.

Edited by Gopro

Op,

You should add letters from people/family who know you both. Letters stating particularly- she has time off work to go to this show, she must return for work, study etc in Thailand. Family,, teachers, anyone who knows her to verify as a third person your story. 3 letters should be suffice.

You'll need to provide as much mometary evidence and ties to thailand for her and yourself. As your not an Ozzie citizen, sponsorhsip on your part is not applicable. You'll need to show the moneys is more hers then yours. Any formal documents with her name and your will be worth showing for funds even if is jointly. If she doesn't have much then detail it in the cover letter and state how she lives and earns money. You need to write a story for them otherwise they will interpret the way they see it.

I would resubmit everything you have previously submitted , I would list every document in a cover sheet detailing her docs and yours separate. Adding more of her docs then yours if possible. They are assessing her, not you.

I would also write a cover letter saying whay you are re-applying after 2 rejections with urgency stated in the matter. Exaplain everything here and more.

I had a 12month visa rejected once, they gave me a 3 month instead. I quickly turned around and explained why I thought they made a mistake, I explained I had the evidence contrary to their determinations and bingo I got the visa I had just been rejected on.

I would even go as far as to call the case officer that rejected you last and explain that the previous application did not mention this rejection and vice versa. They are accountable and they need to explain it.

Are you for real. Clearly you have not been through the process, yet offer up this tripe. THEY ARE NIT REQUIRED TO GIVE ANY REASON FOR NON ISSUE.

How did you come up with this rubbish.

Op,

Are you for real. Clearly you have not been through the process, yet offer up this tripe. THEY ARE NIT REQUIRED TO GIVE ANY REASON FOR NON ISSUE.

How did you come up with this rubbish.

Jacksam, I'm speaking from experience. Yes I have been through the process many times and they are accountable. They are audited internally, and there's a thing called the MRT, Migration Review Tribunal, the MRT can quiet easily overturn their decisions as they get it wrong often. End of tripe.

• Like 1

" many times" gopro.

For a bloke with 39 posts, you have taken so many ladies back to your homeland.

As for review panel...... GIVE ME A BREAK.

The applcation in 95% of cases ticks the boxes or does not. Most applications that are rejected are down to people being too umb as to not address the criteria. The Mel Gibson conspiracy theory is a myth. Bit like your " I've been through the process many times"

Poor girls

" many times" gopro.

For a bloke with 39 posts, you have taken so many ladies back to your homeland.

As for review panel...... GIVE ME A BREAK.

The applcation in 95% of cases ticks the boxes or does not. Most applications that are rejected are down to people being too umb as to not address the criteria. The Mel Gibson conspiracy theory is a myth. Bit like your " I've been through the process many times"

Poor girls

Maybe with 39 posts, I'm younger, smarter and brighter then someone that knows it all?