Who Likes Curves?

Ridercnx808

Who thinks different types of curves require different forms of attack?

For example a 'tight' set of twisty curves should be handled differently than a set of sweeping curves.

For example a 'tight' set of twisty curves should be handled differently than a set of sweeping curves.

It boils down tho, all things being equal that the only other real difference between tight twistys and long sweepers is your actual speed through them...

In extremely tight twisties one after another, i find putting your knee down and getting over to the side of the bike inhibits the time it takes to switch back and forth through left right left right curves.

Riding in the mountains IMO is very different than riding on a track.

It boils down tho, all things being equal that the only other real difference between tight twistys and long sweepers is your actual speed through them...

In extremely tight twisties one after another, i find putting your knee down and getting over to the side of the bike inhibits the time it takes to switch back and forth through left right left right curves.

The most challenging turns for me are the downhill switchbacks, especially on the MHS loop. Having to grip the tank with both my knees (as I have to support the weight of my pillion rider as well), trying to look around the corner, forcing my eyes away from looking at the ravine below, keeping a light grip on the handlebars and trying not to put too much weight on the front tyre. This is for me, probably the most physical turns. The uphill ones are great - opening up the throttle and sliding my butt to hang off as much as possible.

The most challenging turns for me are the downhill switchbacks, especially on the MHS loop. Having to grip the tank with both my knees (as I have to support the weight of my pillion rider as well), trying to look around the corner, forcing my eyes away from looking at the ravine below, keeping a light grip on the handlebars and trying not to put too much weight on the front tyre. This is for me, probably the most physical turns. The uphill ones are great - opening up the throttle and sliding my butt to hang off as much as possible.

You should check out the 109 up north right before heading into Fang when it starts to tighten up. No time to hang off the bikes sides if you plan to hit them fast.

For me its both knees out and elbows up tilting the bike.

The tough ones for me in the past were 180 degree decreasing radius', but now i have them licked.

• Like 1