Airlines permission to board

I will be flying to BKK but my main destination is Laos. I will fly to Ubon then take the bus to Pakse through Chong Mek. My air ticket will be from mid October to end of March 2015. I am a Lao born but carry only an American passport. I won't get a tourist visa due to the visa exemption. Will I be able to board the flight without the Thai tourist visa? Thank you.

US passport, at least 5 times a year since 20th century. Asked twice to show return ticket twice by airline check-in staff. Both times departing Japan, usually they don't ask, just how long I plan to stay. They are strict about everything in Japan and I now fly from there exclusively.

I think you will be OK. When I used to fly from LAX I was never asked.

Edited by arunsakda

I was asked for my ticket out of Thailand last trip from Portland, OR, this on United connecting at Seattle for the flight across the Pacific. Had real difficultly explaining to the check-in gal that a "Re-Entry Permit" meant that Thai Immigration says I could return to Thailand. Finally she relented, even if she didn't quite understand.

One option you might consider is flying with Lao Airlines from Bangkok to Pakse, via Savannakhet. I did this last year, nice enough flight.

Mac

The airline can deny boarding your flight if you do not have return or onward ticket within 30 days.

You could check on the cost for a one way ticket to any nearby country. Buying your ticket in advance you could probably find one so cheap that you could trash it and not loose a lot of money.Check Air Asia for flights.

• Like 1

You can also get a fully refundable ticket and have it refunded over the phone. Others just show a reservation printout without a problem.

Please do tell refundable??????????? and how long must one wait for the refund. ?????????I agree with UJ, a throw away is about $35 to $45 .

Have you booked the flight to Ubon? If not, try to book on Nokair.com since they have the bus connection to Pakse or Vientiane and this will show that you have the ticket out of Thailand.

Edited by Ohng
  • Like 1

You can also get a fully refundable ticket and have it refunded over the phone. Others just show a reservation printout without a problem.

Please do tell refundable??????????? and how long must one wait for the refund. ?????????I agree with UJ, a throw away is about $35 to $45 .

You need to contact a major airline booking, full fare refundable ticket, Or, as i said, a reservation printout.