Songkhla to boost local tourism with upgrades for ASEAN Community

webfact

Songkhla to boost local tourism with upgrades for ASEAN Community
By Digital Content

14084092351515.jpg

SONGKHLA, Aug 18 -- This southern Thai province will seek new market targets and promote new local tourist destinations, inlans ahead of the ASEAN Community (AC) in 2015.

A meeting was organised on Monday by Governor Thamrong Charoenkul and attended by representatives from the tourism sector, including travel agencies, hotels, tourist guides, and tour bus and van operators to discuss new tourism development plans to boost local tourism industry.

According to the governor, the province sought to access new and diverse target markets, beginning with Chinese tourists, apart from Malaysian and Singaporean people who visit Songkhla’s business district of Hat Yai every year.

Mr Thamrong said the province plans to improve a number of tourist sites, including Samila Beach in the provincial seat, the Tomb of Sultan Sulaiman in Singha Nakhon district, tourist routes to Pa Kho Temple’s Luang Pu Thuad in Sating Phra district as well as other cultural attractions.

He assigned 16 district chiefs to develop at least one new local tourist destination to attract visitors, while tourism entrepreneurs would join in improving the quality of service, which the governor believed would boost the province’s tourism sector ahead of the upcoming AC 2015 and would generate sustainable revenues for local people. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2014-08-19

beginning with Chinese tourists..................

this is the very reason I no longer go to HadYai....sick of all the Chinese in the hotels, too loud, disrespectful plus in the restaurants simply eat and act like pigs

Not seeming to apologize for such behaviors, I prefer to reflect on:

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime.

― Mark Twain

When that fails, I move on.

Edited by Benmart
  • Like 2

beginning with Chinese tourists..................

this is the very reason I no longer go to HadYai....sick of all the Chinese in the hotels, too loud, disrespectful plus in the restaurants simply eat and act like pigs

Strangely enough Hat Yai is one of my favorite cities in Thailand. It may have something to do with the Chinese influence on their cuisine. I'll admit their coughing and spitting does take some getting used to.