Land lords involvement in the 90 reporting....

I've read that the rules have changed recently regarding the 90 day reporting. I recently applied for an extension based on marriage and I needed a copy of my land lords talien ban (house book) He was ok about it, but his wife wasn't.

Luckily, in the end she agreed to let us have a copy after explaining the obvious reasons.

So, my question is this, does my land lord have any future involvement with my reporting of address? Or is his part already done?

Also, I have to farang friends living in separate condos near me, (1 is reporting his address, the other isn't bothering and says he'll just pay the 5,000 baht fine when the time comes) But both their landlords have had no involvement about reporting of address.

The friend who is reporting was given a leaflet to give to his landlord regarding an alien renting in his/her property. As far as I know, he didn't bother to show it to them.

Can anyone share any information about this topic please.

Your 90 day reports of staying longer than 90 days has nothing to do with your landlord doing the TM30.

Once they do the TM30 it or you use the rental agreement with their house book and/or ID card attached that should be it unless you move.

If most of us TV members are informed about many changes, other people have no idea about it, I have seen a French and a Russian (neighbours) for instance they did not know Visa runs are not possible any more. The Frenchman (a teacher) moved recently he did not intended to report his new adress before the usual 90 days

I went to my local office yesterday.

My landlord had signed a form given to me by immigration stating that I have rental agreement.

I went to a new office with this form and my passport, which they stamped and tlre off tbe bottom section, then affixed it in my passport.

They told me that this was a one off and next time I reported just show them the form , along with the completed TM 30.

Sounds like the 24 hour reporting, that needs to be done with in 24 hours of moving into a new location. Not considering holidays of course. Nice to hear there is no fine for being late 90 days. The 90 day report should be nice, quick and smooth. The reporting of a new address requires the photo copy of tabian ban. I always mention the paper work needed when doing a new contract, as it is easier for them to understand paper work needed before they get the first money.

If your girlfriend is Thai, she is without any doubt listed in a house registration book. It may not be "her" book, ie she may not be listed as the house master, in which case she will be listed as a person living there in another capacity.

If your girlfriend is Thai, she is without any doubt listed in a house registration book. It may not be "her" book, ie she may not be listed as the house master, in which case she will be listed as a person living there in another capacity.

Correct. For my extension I needed a copies of my wife's house book (Her parents who live far away) and a copy of my landlords house book for showing where I live.

In addition, I also needed copies of the witnesses house book for immigration. (To prove he knows us as a couple.)

Some Thai's/Landlords don't like giving out copies of their house book because they are worried if something goes wrong, it'll come back on them.

When I was gonna transfer my IDP to a Thai licence I said it'd help if I got this document (for the residence cert from immigration), but she said she was still on her parent's one from ages ago. What are the legal requirements for landlords here? I live with my girlfriend at her apartment (ie I have no contract) - which makes it hard to get proof of address.

It depends on the nature of the accommodation. A great many Thais living in Bangkok are not listed in a house registration book for Bangkok.