Selling my bike to a Thai in another Province

Fullstop

I live in Chanthaburi and own a bike registered in Chanthaburi. I want to ride it up to Chonburi and sell it to a Thai.

Do I have to change the registration to Chonburi plates before I sell it?

Exactly what do I have to do in this situation?

Cheers.

what if the guy refuses to buy when you are in Chon Buri.

also buyer comes and picks up a bike, not seller go to the buyer.

get a deposit at least before going there.

and for plate changes etx, it is also buyer's responsibility.

to sell bike under your name, you just need your passport.

good luck.

• Like 2

Just treat that as irrelevant as I've known the guy for 5 years.

I read this on an expat site...

The vehicle. We must take the vehicle to the Transport Office. You should plan on being without the vehicle for the whole day if possible. The paperwork takes 3 business day to process, so the updated title book and receipts for payment will need to be picked up later when scheduled (Note: If the vehicle is being transferred out of the province of registration, the registration needs to be changed over first, which also takes 3 business days.

Hence my concerns.

• Like 1

Can I just fill in a Power of Attourney form with the 10 Baht stamp and let him take care of all the paperwork? (...and sign the transfer form and give copies of passport photo page, visa and departurecard pages)?

• Like 1

I sold my bike out of province very recently.

First I gave green book, copy of passport (every page, including departure card) and the 2 power of attorney forms( I thought there would be only 1 but the lady at the Transport office gave me 2, make sure to sign n the correct place).

I presumed this would be enough to sell the bike as you only need proof of address when buying. It wasn't. The new province also wanted my proof of address, so I had to photocopy my work permit for that.(for others this might be a certificate of residence from immigration) This could be a requirement for bikes that are changing provinces or perhaps that transport office worker was having a bad day.

Make sure you sign every page! Give all that to the buyer and they should have no problems.

2 power of attorney forms( I thought there would be only 1

I downloaded the transfer form and power of attorney form...there was only one. Anyone have a link for two forms?

Thinking about it now, perhaps she gave me 2 forms in case I messed up 1.

and for plate changes etx, it is also buyer's responsibility.

to sell bike under your name, you just need your passport.

good luck.

I bought a car from a guy that was registered a different province. No problem, I paid him and went on my merry way. It was up to me to register it in Chonburi. Had to give them my plates and it took about 3 months.

Re- Two Power of Attorney forms.

It does seem strange to have two. Were they identical?

I wonder if in true Thai excessive paperwork style...one was for the transfer to the new province form and the other was for the transfer to the new owner form.

blink.png

Edited by Fullstop

Thais can register vehicles in any province so there is no need for new plates for the transfer you describe.

If sold to a farang, however, they can only register vehicles in the province they hold their certificate of residency and new plates would be issued.

Thais can register vehicles in any province so there is no need for new plates for the transfer you describe.

If sold to a farang, however, they can only register vehicles in the province they hold their certificate of residency and new plates would be issued.

As far as I know Thai or foreign can register in any province but they need proof they live in the province.

It is often more convenient to "move" the vehical registration provincethan having to go to the province its currently registered in.

eg :say you lived in Chaingmai you want to buy a used car that is being sold localy but it's registered in Bangkok you wouldn't really want to go all the way to Bangkok to buy the car so instead you can have it "moved" to Chaingmai province and do all the paper work at the DLT there instead if Bangkok.

Do I have to change the registration to Chonburi plates before I sell it?

Exactly what do I have to do in this situation?

Just take all the docs listed below no need to change to Chonburi plates before selling the new owner can do that.

Foreigner seller needs

certificate of residence from immigration ( should be free at immigration but varies from place to place )

For foreign seller, in stead of certificate of residence also workpermit or yellow housebook is accepted.

sometimes the police station will give you this document too.

copy passport photo page

copy of visa page and or extension ( not expired )

signed " nungsue moub umnart " หนังสือมอบอำนาจ ( if seller is not going with you to DLT )

signed "beb kum kor own le rup own " แบบคำขอโอนและรับโอน ขส.บ. ท. - 11

green/blue book signed by current owner

Thai seller

Signed copy of ID card front and back ( not expired )

Signed copy of house registration ( not allways required )

signed " nungsue moub umnart " หนังสือมอบอำนาจ ( if seller is not going with you to DLT )

signed "beb kum kor own le rup own " แบบคำขอโอนและรับโอน ขส.บ. ท. - 11

greeen/ blue book signed by current owner

Edited by johng

Is this the Power of Attorney form?

green/blue book signed by current owner

Where in the Green Book do I sign?

Edited by Fullstop

Not exactly sure what you are saying? I live in chonburi with my truck registered in bkk and one motorcycle registered in chiang mai. I have never lived in either and the cm book has my chonburi address.

Is this the Power of Attorney form?

Yes it is

Where in the Green Book do I sign?

on the last ( latest ) page of the "owner of vehicle" see scan of blue book below

post-2109-0-53891600-1408537664_thumb.jp

Edited by johng

Simple get bike take money give him bike to him then head home call police report bike stolen recover bike do over.

until you get beaten and trashed by someone tough and connected.

these kind of simple scams does not go long.