Islamist militants 'kill US reporter James Foley on video'

webfact

Islamist militants 'kill reporter James Foley on video'

(BBC) The Islamic State militant group has released a video online purporting to show the beheading of a US journalist.

The victim was identified by the militants as James Foley, a freelancer who was seized in Syria in late 2012.

The militants said it was in revenge for recent US air strikes against the Islamic State group in Iraq.

The video has not been independently verified, but the White House said if it was genuine, the US would be "appalled by the brutal murder".

Foley's family wrote on Facebook: "We know that many of you are looking for confirmation or answers. Please be patient until we all have more information, and keep the Foleys in your thoughts and prayers."

Foley has reported extensively across the Middle East, working for America's Global Post and other media outlets including the French news agency AFP.

Full story: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-28862268

bbclogo.jpg
-- BBC 2014-08-20

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think reporters who put themselves in the middle of a muslim civil war, should see a shrink asap.

The only thing that should be put in the middle of a muslim civil war is a bountiful supply of ammunition

• Like 1

Are we going to see the "peaceful" Muslims living in Europe and their left-wing servants, go all out in the streets protesting against these extremely disgusting act? Of course not, but if Israel were to

Bomb these ISIL thugs, then they would be out on the streets and internet condemning Israel.

Well in Australia Muslims are marching and calling for a jihad against non Muslims and it is all perfectly legal. They are free to publically call out this hatred against non Muslims but if other Australians did the same they would be arrested for inciting religious hatred and the government would be in overdriving kissing the feet of and apologising to Muslims. There would also probably mass demonstration world wide with burning of the Aussie flag.

Are we going to see the "peaceful" Muslims living in Europe and their left-wing servants, go all out in the streets protesting against these extremely disgusting act? Of course not, but if Israel were to

Bomb these ISIL thugs, then they would be out on the streets and internet condemning Israel.

Well in Australia Muslims are marching and calling for a jihad against non Muslims and it is all perfectly legal. They are free to publically call out this hatred against non Muslims but if other Australians did the same they would be arrested for inciting religious hatred and the government would be in overdriving kissing the feet of and apologising to Muslims. There would also probably mass demonstration world wide with burning of the Aussie flag.

There may be method in the madness. Drive it underground, or observe them, learn the ringleaders identities etc. Also, the court of public opinion can drum up better results than any law.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

The US in return will be ramping bombing raids against ISIS also ground troops have been ordered to kill on sight all Muslim's scum Bombers will now be targeting mosaic's and anything in a berka . No mercy now.

Any opinion, especially ill-informed and crass ones, should begin with "I think" or "IM(H)O". Don't hide your hatred behind a sentence that appears to be a statement of fact.

As I am CURRENTLY sitting in Iraq and writing this, it amazes me how many of you display your stupidity and bias comments on this forum. Keep in mind that every time you fill your trucks, cars, motorbikes, and the oil we all consume, it is most likely coming from the Middle East. The killing of a journalist who is trying to make you aware, and possibly even educate some TV members, isn't crazy, doesn't need a Shrink, he loves what he does, and paid the ultimate price for it.

As for me being in Iraq, travelling from Erbil, south thru Bagdad and further south to Basra, its my job, and possibly I will meet my fate, but until that day comes I will continue to, in my small part, to ensure all of you have your precious oil and gas.

PLEASE, keep in mind the Middle East has millions of good, honest, and loving people that are MUSLIM, 90% of my workers are Iraqi, and would take a bullet for me without a doubt. As for ISIS, and other Radical groups like them, if they are not stopped, you might find them in your own country, or right at home in Thailand. A good portion of TV members irritate the hell out of me, you have no clue, but I just keep telling myself, your in a country where you can voice your opinions.

God Bless all, and condolences to the Foley family

Actually, stangrebrew reads like a child, typing furiously, tongue hanging out of mouth, Xbox on pause, pants around ankles, breaking from Call of Duty to join an adult conversation. Go clean your sock, hater!

To the guy in Iraq. Not sure if your infrastructure develop, or PSD, or what but I commend you. I never had the desire to go bsvk after the failure of the SOFA. I have bad concerns of sitting in an Iraqi jail. As I read about what is happening I frequently see the faces of men I worked with, female secretaries I hired, or Arab and Kurdish students from Irbil to Baghdad. I get it. However, as equally impressed I was with the humanity and kindness I was showed (in the day time, to my face) I was appalled by the savagery and horror that neighbors would visit upon others. You may have many lovely experiences, this is great. But there is great darkness there as well. You'd not likely be able to penetrate this as an observer, irrespective of how much your men support and like you. Good luck.

Far too many western countries have opened their doors to radical islam and do not have the tools to keep them in check. It will not be long now before another mass murder by a martyr will be commited in a western counrty in the name of Islam.

There is hardly an effort to keep this in check because the baggage that Islam brings with it serves multiple purposes. The countries that have Muslim migrant hemorrhage are pretty much all uber liberal. The multicultural sing along is predicated upon 1) a utopian belief in equality of outcomes, irrespective of what is brought to the table, 2) white privilege and the corresponding need to engrain white guilt, 3) redistribution of wealth on a global scale (there never was a possibility to bring the world's standard of up to that of the west (it was always necessary for this water to seek it's own level through demographic changes, 4) create the environment where people would scream for the very changes intended.

This fallacious mindset fails to account for true zealotry, real blindness, and collective reasoning that exists solely on the instinctive plane- what the west purports modern Islam to be is not evidenced by any of Islam's voices, anywhere. From London to Denmark to Paris to New York, etc., those advocating Sharia and war and maiming and declaring no go zones and demanding separate Islamic Emirates in European states, and killing journalists, and politicians, are not the "jihadis." These people are, what we are told, the regular Muslim next door, our neighbors. Killing a journalist in Syria is hardly the worst, as regrettably, this is expected. However, they are also dying or hiding from Islam in their own hometowns in the west.

An effective virus has been unleashed in the western world and it is not Ebola. You will not find determined integration plans in the western world. You will find increasing demands for the host to adapt to the virus though. Don't you think it's odd that these governments don't recognize what you see? Can't they see that each day all these disparate facts about "jihad" clearly point in one direction; why can't they see what you and your mates see as evident? They do see. It's just that the vaccine is not what you imagine. A fool could see all cultures are not morally equal. They don't stop the infection because it's changing the host.

Cui bono? From the mosques and madrasahs throughout the Islamic world it has been taught for nearly a generation go, move, migrate, it is your duty, and make babies, and use their system, collect their money- they owe it to you as the tax, make more babies, and soon, Inshallah, Eurabia will be ours. iSIs latest declaration that the IS flag will fly over the White House is hardly drivel. It's the statement of a thousand thousand martyrs and migrants and mothers and I immans that have been exercising Law-fare to insinuate sharia into the west. Look at European projected and replacement demographics. This is just how one man sees the world today!

Well written post. I enjoyed it for that reason alone.

You do make some good points. I don't think we can consider this issue any differently than we considered the Red Scare of a century ago. Both are/were bad for business. The main players were different and the average IQ seemed a bit high but otherwise, Same Same.

• Like 2

<As for me being in Iraq, travelling from Erbil, south thru Bagdad and further south to Basra, its my job, and possibly I will meet my fate, but until that day comes I will continue to, in my small part, to ensure all of you have your precious oil and gas.

You're not doing it for the enormous fiscal reward then? How noble of you.

blink.png

• Like 2

Far too many western countries have opened their doors to radical islam and do not have the tools to keep them in check. It will not be long now before another mass murder by a martyr will be commited in a western counrty in the name of Islam.

There is hardly an effort to keep this in check because the baggage that Islam brings with it serves multiple purposes. The countries that have Muslim migrant hemorrhage are pretty much all uber liberal. The multicultural sing along is predicated upon 1) a utopian belief in equality of outcomes, irrespective of what is brought to the table, 2) white privilege and the corresponding need to engrain white guilt, 3) redistribution of wealth on a global scale (there never was a possibility to bring the world's standard of up to that of the west (it was always necessary for this water to seek it's own level through demographic changes, 4) create the environment where people would scream for the very changes intended.

This fallacious mindset fails to account for true zealotry, real blindness, and collective reasoning that exists solely on the instinctive plane- what the west purports modern Islam to be is not evidenced by any of Islam's voices, anywhere. From London to Denmark to Paris to New York, etc., those advocating Sharia and war and maiming and declaring no go zones and demanding separate Islamic Emirates in European states, and killing journalists, and politicians, are not the "jihadis." These people are, what we are told, the regular Muslim next door, our neighbors. Killing a journalist in Syria is hardly the worst, as regrettably, this is expected. However, they are also dying or hiding from Islam in their own hometowns in the west.

An effective virus has been unleashed in the western world and it is not Ebola. You will not find determined integration plans in the western world. You will find increasing demands for the host to adapt to the virus though. Don't you think it's odd that these governments don't recognize what you see? Can't they see that each day all these disparate facts about "jihad" clearly point in one direction; why can't they see what you and your mates see as evident? They do see. It's just that the vaccine is not what you imagine. A fool could see all cultures are not morally equal. They don't stop the infection because it's changing the host.

Cui bono? From the mosques and madrasahs throughout the Islamic world it has been taught for nearly a generation go, move, migrate, it is your duty, and make babies, and use their system, collect their money- they owe it to you as the tax, make more babies, and soon, Inshallah, Eurabia will be ours. iSIs latest declaration that the IS flag will fly over the White House is hardly drivel. It's the statement of a thousand thousand martyrs and migrants and mothers and I immans that have been exercising Law-fare to insinuate sharia into the west. Look at European projected and replacement demographics. This is just how one man sees the world today!

There is a lot of hysteria being generated.

Overall Muslim population growth rates are actually declining. Don't know where you get your figures, but the respected Pew research organisation estimates projected Muslim population in Europe by 2030 to be 8%.

http://www.theguardian.com/news/datablog/2011/jan/28/muslim-population-country-projection-2030

• Like 1

Want a simple solution to this? The west and other countries around the world have to stop propagating the poison that it is okay to practice any form of religion. All religions are lies and the whole world has to move on from these ridiculous fairy tales. Schools in places like the UK have to stop this 'tolerance' of any religion and all children should only be taught the cold and hard scientific and empirically obtained evidence of which we base our lives around. Islam is an extremely sexist religion as well as other religions out there are, this has absolutely no place in 21st century.

You can't ban religion. It's been tried many times in many locations. It only leads to other problems. I chose to be a Buddhist for over 40 years, but now my belief system revolves around science and nature. As a species with very complicated brains, we (nearly all people) need a belief system to guide our lives. I agree the Muslim belief system is a colossal pain-in-the-you-know-what. Hopefully its adherents will gravitate towards less mean-spirited beliefs. As for radicals, it wouldn't much matter what belief system they adhered to. Look at Charles Manson or Jim Jones at Jamestown or fatboy Kim in N.Korea. If a person or a group wants to harm others, it's as easy as pie to find ways of justifying it.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

The US in return will be ramping bombing raids against ISIS also ground troops have been ordered to kill on sight all Muslim's scum Bombers will now be targeting mosaic's and anything in a berka . No mercy now.

Any opinion, especially ill-informed and crass ones, should begin with "I think" or "IM(H)O". Don't hide your hatred behind a sentence that appears to be a statement of fact.

As I am CURRENTLY sitting in Iraq and writing this, it amazes me how many of you display your stupidity and bias comments on this forum. Keep in mind that every time you fill your trucks, cars, motorbikes, and the oil we all consume, it is most likely coming from the Middle East. The killing of a journalist who is trying to make you aware, and possibly even educate some TV members, isn't crazy, doesn't need a Shrink, he loves what he does, and paid the ultimate price for it.

As for me being in Iraq, travelling from Erbil, south thru Bagdad and further south to Basra, its my job, and possibly I will meet my fate, but until that day comes I will continue to, in my small part, to ensure all of you have your precious oil and gas.

PLEASE, keep in mind the Middle East has millions of good, honest, and loving people that are MUSLIM, 90% of my workers are Iraqi, and would take a bullet for me without a doubt. As for ISIS, and other Radical groups like them, if they are not stopped, you might find them in your own country, or right at home in Thailand. A good portion of TV members irritate the hell out of me, you have no clue, but I just keep telling myself, your in a country where you can voice your opinions.

God Bless all, and condolences to the Foley family

"BigGuy", you're replying to me, so I could take your "stupidity" remark as directed to me. I would thus have to assume you endorse strangebrew's comments.

Frankly, I am astounded, and to be honest have an inkling that you are not who/what you say you are.

"All troops have been ordered to kill on sight all Muslims"? "Anything in a berka (sic)"?

You are not credible. I wish you were, because your theme of "it's all about the oil" actually rings true.

On the other hand, you may have replied to my post to bolster it.

I'm not sure...Need to hear more from you.