Hat Yai: Co-pilot of budget airline passes out during flight and later dies

webfact

Besides having a pilot's license all pilots must have a medical, irregardless of which airline they fly for. To make remarks, solely based on the death of a pilot, that this somehow indicates that the airline he works for is not to be trusted is just ignorant.

No, to constantly ignore the reasons why some people are saying this is ignorant.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You would never, for love nor money, get me on this airline.

Where does it say the Airline was at fault?.............The pilot had a heart attack. If Airlines can prevent that happening maybe we should all get a job with some Airline company.

This was a very unfortunate incident and it has nothing to do with the quality of Lion Air : I have a good impression after having taken several of their flights in Thailand and in Indonesia.

The voice of reason.

Lion Air was just voted the most dangerous airline in the world. Granted, this was a heart attack and could have been missed during a routine physical exam which every pilot must undergo at least once per year.

WOW - maybe I will give Lion Airlines a big miss. I wonder how old was the co-pilot. Sad end to his flying career.

Seriously, do you know anything about the airline itself or you just typed something.blink.png Obviously such a fatality does not happen due to lack of safety of aircraft. happy.png

Exactly: VERY WELL SAID. Even worse is that this comment your refer to is made by a well known moderator.annoyed.gifannoyed.gif

Are moderators not allowed to voice their own opinion ?

• Like 2

Lion Air was just voted the most dangerous airline in the world. Granted, this was a heart attack and could have been missed during a routine physical exam which every pilot must undergo at least once per year.

Says who, and on what basis?

• 3 weeks later...

I have an airline I wont fly on either.

I met a guy & his wife at White Beer'd a few weeks ago.

It was about 11:30pm, he was very drunk and flying to Samui at 8:30 am the following morning.

Crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

I am sorry you witnessed this, it really is not the norm these days. Next time you ever see this please call the airline desk at the airport and report it before the flight commences demand to speak to the duty manager.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I have an airline I wont fly on either.

I met a guy & his wife at White Beer'd a few weeks ago.

It was about 11:30pm, he was very drunk and flying to Samui at 8:30 am the following morning.

Crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Completely legal in the USA. Have to refrain from drinking only 8 hours prior to your flight. Some airlines however require 12 hours but law only requires 8.

8 hrs from bottle to throttle, but also less then .004 blood alcohol. When the ops manual states 12 hrs, that is the law for each airline

Exactly! 8 hours bottle to throttle does not mean you can be sh*t faced 8 hrs and 5 mins before take off. It means no more alcohol after that point, so even if you had consumed nothing that night you don't even have a sneaky half glass of wine over a late supper, it means zero. Prior to that you have the legal responsibility to ensure that whatever you consume will not result in your judgement being impaired or your blood alcohol level being over the legal limit when you are required for duty. End of - no ifs, no buts. There are 150-200 (or many more) unsuspecting trusting people down the back and the flight deck is no place for pissed pilots and any pilot that dismisses the safety of those lives for the sake of knowingly getting drunk within his crew duty time does not deserve his job.