Non O Application at Phuket Immigration with 40k salary

Hi , anyone successfully had their marriage visa approved, using the minimum salary per month method? I went in on Monday with all the relevant docs/pictures. The Farang Imm Officer told me that 400k would be accepted but probably not 40k....even though I had stat dec from the NZ embassy stating my income was 90k a month!

Is this a case of different office/rules? I've attached the information form for those who might need it.

Cheers

post-46140-0-55346700-1408543589_thumb.j

There is no reason why they should not accept the monthly salary.

2.18 In the case of a family member of a Thai(applicable only to parents, spouse, child, adopted child or child of his/her spouse): Permission will be
granted for a period of not more than 1 year at a time.

(6) In case of marriage with a Thai lady, the husband who is an alien must have an average annual income of not less than 40,000 baht per month or a money deposit in a local Thai bank of not less than 400,000 baht for the past 2 months for expenses within a year.

The foreign volunteers in Phuket are polite well meaning people, but they are just volunteers and by no means know everything.

I would ask to check with a Thai Officer (they are the guys on the back row of application desks).

For reference I have successfully obtained 2.18 extensions based on income in Phuket on quite a few occasions, although I have always shown Thai Income with tax paid, Work Permit, etc.

From reports they will do them with income but you will be expected to show additional proof of your income. Some have been asked to provide a ATM card and letter from a non Thai bank stating you have the money coming in. If you have a Thai bank account to show you have money coming in that will also be accepted.

I'm applying for mine next month at Jomtien. I hope I don't get messed about like you did. I was going to submit everything you have on your list here too. The foreign officer probably doesn't know his arse from his elbow and was just on a power trip. You should of asked to see the organ grinder and not the monkey.

Interesting to read your post. I have been obtaining a marriage extension of stay for 10 years now. Intially i used the 400k method but the last two times i have used the 40kpm. This week i went to renew with my wife and had nothing but hassle. I am a teacher and the first 'extra' thing they asked for was photographs of myself at school! I had all the usual house and family photos but now they wanted photo's of me at work!!. Next they had a problem with my tax paperwork, i had paid last years tax and had the 91 form and receipts, however i still needed some paperwork from the school which i didn't understand. Anyhow, to cut a long story short i ended up renewing my extension of stay just in my own name with my work permit they still required me to pay one months tax for this year but didn't want any forms from my school! Totalling confusing. I will probably continue with my extension of stay via a Non b visa in future as it requires less paperwork.

Interesting read and always confusing for me, does a western woman have to show this proof of income? A friend of mine recently obtained her o visa and wasn't asked for proof of income on her side but did show her husbands Thai bank book but an amount wasn't specified . Also I am currently on an ed visa so am I correct in saying that I will only have to change my extension of stay and not the visa? Can some one shed some light please

Interesting read and always confusing for me, does a western woman have to show this proof of income? A friend of mine recently obtained her o visa and wasn't asked for proof of income on her side but did show her husbands Thai bank book but an amount wasn't specified . Also I am currently on an ed visa so am I correct in saying that I will only have to change my extension of stay and not the visa? Can some one shed some light please

A foreign woman married to a Thai national does not have to show any income or money in the bank, only foreign males married to a Thai woman need to show financials.

Yes, you will only have to change your reason of stay not the visa so fill in the tm7 form with the appropriate reason and accompanying paperwork.

Interesting to read your post. I have been obtaining a marriage extension of stay for 10 years now. Intially i used the 400k method but the last two times i have used the 40kpm. This week i went to renew with my wife and had nothing but hassle. I am a teacher and the first 'extra' thing they asked for was photographs of myself at school! I had all the usual house and family photos but now they wanted photo's of me at work!!. Next they had a problem with my tax paperwork, i had paid last years tax and had the 91 form and receipts, however i still needed some paperwork from the school which i didn't understand. Anyhow, to cut a long story short i ended up renewing my extension of stay just in my own name with my work permit they still required me to pay one months tax for this year but didn't want any forms from my school! Totalling confusing. I will probably continue with my extension of stay via a Non b visa in future as it requires less paperwork.

Interesting thoughts come to mind. Extension based on marriage versus work or retirement.

"...they still required me to pay one months tax for this year but didn't want any forms from my school!"

How did you pay that? Did you have to go to the tax office?

you need to get a form no 1 from your local tax office, fill it in and the school needs to sign it. You will probably need the school to help you as you need the school tax number as well as your own and the forms are in Thai. At least this is what is done in this area ( samutprakan).

"...they still required me to pay one months tax for this year but didn't want any forms from my school!"

How did you pay that? Did you have to go to the tax office?

you need to get a form no 1 from your local tax office, fill it in and the school needs to sign it. You will probably need the school to help you as you need the school tax number as well as your own and the forms are in Thai. At least this is what is done in this area ( samutprakan).

Sorry i should also have added, once you have the forms completed take a copy for immigration and then go to your tax office and pay one months tax, they will probably charge you 200 baht for the privilage! They will keep these forms hence the need to take a copy as the receipts given by the tax office are not enough for immigration they need copy paperwork as well !! (t.i.t)