Timeframe for Mailed 90 Day Report?

sante

I decided to try doing my 90 day report by mail. The documents, with an enclosed self addressed stamped envelope, were sent registered mail on the 6th but here it is, the 20th, which is my due date, and I haven't received the slip yet. Is this delay usual or do I have to go to Immigration to check? Any phone number to call? I'd appreciate feedback from others who have used this method. Am hoping to avoid the in-person Immigration experience if possible.

The office itself says that you should mail two weeks in advance. It has been reported these days that processing of 90-day reports sometimes seems slow comparatively. Assuming you enclosed all the correct supporting doument copies and addressed both envelopes correctly, it is probably too early to be worried. If you didn't, you won't know about it until you visit (or send someone in your stead). In any case, you have the registered mail receipt that protects you. Suggestion: Wait a while longer. No need yet to make the trip. You aren't even overdue yet since you have seven days past the date to be in the window.

Edited by Mapguy

Did they start allowing the 90 day reporting be done by mail again as I thought it was discontinued some time ago?

it was only discontinued for a very short period of time, like 3 or 4 months. i only had to make that horrific journey once - maybe twice before they started back up again.

While we're on the topic, would someone be kind enough to post the mailing address for the Chiang Mai office?

ตรวจคนเข้าเมืองจังหวัดเชียงใหม่

71 หมู่ที่ 3 ตำบลสุเทพ อำเภอเมือง

จั.เชียงใหม่

While we're on the topic, would someone be kind enough to post the mailing address for the Chiang Mai office?

จั.เชียงใหม่

Allow me to re-phrase the question: while we're on the topic, would someone be kind enough to post the mailing address for the Chiang Mai office in English?

OP, was the return envelope registered mail?

No, the return envelope just had a 5 baht stamp as suggested in the pinned topic here. But if I ever try mailing again I will register the return envelope too. So far I still haven't received the slip. Will update if/when it arrives or I have to go to Immigration on Tuesday.

OP, was the return envelope registered mail?

No, the return envelope just had a 5 baht stamp as suggested in the pinned topic here. But if I ever try mailing again I will register the return envelope too. So far I still haven't received the slip. Will update if/when it arrives or I have to go to Immigration on Tuesday.

you need to register the return. they will give you a year's supply (4) of register post stickers at the P.O. you need a 16 Baht stamp.

จั.เชียงใหม่

Allow me to re-phrase the question: while we're on the topic, would someone be kind enough to post the mailing address for the Chiang Mai office in English?

cut and paste what i sent you. that is the correct address. likely it won't get there if you don't send it addressed in Thai language.

• Like 1

จั.เชียงใหม่

cut and paste what i sent you. that is the correct address. likely it won't get there if you don't send it addressed in Thai language.

Thanks. Another good reason to learn the language of the country we're living in.

I mailed mine last Friday afternoon (15th - 2pm) from the Phra Singh Post Office...

EMS showed delivery to Immigration on Monday the 18th at 10am...

Postal guy hand delivered the return EMS with my stamped 90 day reporting on Wednesday the 20th to my house...

I would recommend paying the extra 30 baht for return EMS tracking...

Then all of this can be seen thru the EMS tracking website too...

http://track.thailandpost.co.th/tracking/default.aspx

PS my house is in Suan Dok a stones throw from immigration - so being in the city is no problem thumbsup.gif

PSS I used the english text on the envelope as described in the pinned post (as well as english text for my return address)...

The post office are a very professional bunch and had no problem understanding english coffee1.gif

How many days did you mail it in before you were scheduled to report? I read it needs to be sent in 15 days prior to the report date at http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=90days but the date is November 2004.

Chiang Mai City News were present at a meeting with CM Immigration officials yesterday

The question of mailing 90 day reports was covered along with a host of other matters.

And the news that a new Immigration Office is to be built next year.

Worth reading

www.chiangmaicitynews.com

I mailed mine last Friday afternoon (15th - 2pm) from the Phra Singh Post Office...

Postal guy hand delivered the return EMS with my stamped 90 day reporting on Wednesday the 20th to my house...

PS my house is in Suan Dok a stones throw from immigration - so being in the city is no problem thumbsup.gif

PSS I used the english text on the envelope as described in the pinned post (as well as english text for my return address)...

The post office are a very professional bunch and had no problem understanding english coffee1.gif

How many days did you mail it in before you were scheduled to report? I read it needs to be sent in 15 days prior to the report date at http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=90days but the date is November 2004.

I mailed it 15 days before the reporting date... thumbsup.gif

Chiang Mai City News were present at a meeting with CM Immigration officials yesterday

The question of mailing 90 day reports was covered along with a host of other matters.

Worth reading

Yay! a new Immigration office - I assume there plan is to built it near one of the sky train stops... coffee1.gif

Edited by sfokevin
  • Like 1

Worth reading

Topic here - http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/753696-chiang-mai-visa/

Did they start allowing the 90 day reporting be done by mail again as I thought it was discontinued some time ago?

it was only discontinued for a very short period of time, like 3 or 4 months. i only had to make that horrific journey once - maybe twice before they started back up again.

A horrific journey and you can't remember if you did it once or twice.facepalm.gif

Doesn't sound to bad to me. I would rather make the trip than sit and wait two weeks and wonder if the application was received or did I do some thing wrong. to each their own

i usually send mine in about 4 days before it's due. you can do it 2 weeks before or a week after the due date; or any time in between.

actually, EMS is much slower (and more expensive) than rong tabien - registered, because it has to go to Lamphun first, then come back to Chaing Mai. Registered goes straight to your destination.

A horrific journey and you can't remember if you did it once or twice.facepalm.gif

Doesn't sound to bad to me. I would rather make the trip than sit and wait two weeks and wonder if the application was received or did I do some thing wrong. to each their own

sounds like you are a real scholar. there is such a thing as 'tracking' in 2014. you go waste your time. i don't have the time to waste.

sounds like you are a real scholar. there is such a thing as 'tracking' in 2014. you go waste your time. i don't have the time to waste.

I am retired I have lots of time. In short I am where you are trying to get to.cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Being retired allows me to remember if it is one or two horrific journeys.cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Edited by northernjohn

Here's the outcome of my mailed 90 day report problem:

Although I had mailed the documents on the 6th and it arrived at its destination the next day according to tracking, I never did get the returned slip so today at 10:30 am I went to Immigration.

It was worse than I remembered. Both inside and outside sitting areas were packed and people were milling outside. The center information desk sent me over to the 90 day counter where I was immediately taken care of as soon as I presented my mailing receipt. According to the hand written ledger the slip had been mailed to me on the 11th and so a duplicate slip was filled out and stapled into my passport.

The process took less than 10 minutes. I will use the mailing option again but next time will make sure the return self addressed envelope has postage for either registered or EMS so I can track it. And if the return slip doesn't arrive again, at least the time spent at Immigration is minimal as long as the registered receipt is shown.

It probably would be helpful if the suggestion of EMS or registered mail for the return envelope is included in the pinned topic here.

• Like 2

Is that an "oops," Tywais? Isn't that what Immigration requests? That was my impression. The return envelope should (if that is indeed possible), be prepaid registered mail or prepaid EMS. Dont be nervous, anyway, but what a pain to have to go to Immigration to check. In any case, your are basically protected by your own registered mail or EMS receipt. Thank you, Sante, for the follow-up report.

Edited by Mapguy

Amazingly, I just received my mailed returned 90 day report slip this afternoon. According to Immigration it was sent on the 11th and it just arrived to my address near CMU on the 27th which means a 16 day journey across town. And I thought the USA postal system was slow.

Next time I'll definitely prepay for registered or EMS and hope the service is quicker. And I'll wait longer before going to Immigration to check.

i too, recommend registered post, not EMS. in fact you can't do EMS yourself like you can with registered post. i just hand the postman the envelope when he comes round the house. i never have to even set my beer down when i "do my 90-day report". laugh.png with EMS, it's more expensive and you have to actually go to a post office, wait in queue....might as well go to immigration. the P.O. will give you registered stickers, 8 will last you a year. you do have to show your ID and sign for them. they will not give you EMS stickers. and...registered post is quicker than EMS because it does not have to go to Lamphun first.

yes there have been times when it takes 3 or 4 weeks for the return but mai bpen rai as you can track it. i've never once had a return go missing in years.