Bike Apparel

saramsland

Guys,

I have been to a few of the bike shops around Bkk previously but not for a while.

I am after a new Summer Jacket (preferably material/mesh) and a pair of Draggin Jeans. For jackets I do prefer Dainese but have not seen Dainese to be so common here in my experience.

Any suggestions of stores that stock quantity/variety of the above?

Saramisland. Dainese is almost next door to honda big wing lad prao. If that helps. Amazingly I am heading to that area soon too (this morning) for other bike stuff lol

Cheers. I would be going this morning too if I didnt have to goto Thai Class!

Planning to head up there tomorrow after the young fella gets to school.

Most places open around 9?.. Or the typical 10-11am Thai time?

I bought my Dainese (Air Frame) jacket from Dainese Shop. They had some deals on air jackets. The models are Air Frame and Air-3 Tex. price range is 7-8k thb. Shop is in Lad Phrao. Both jackets come with shoulder and elbow protections and have nice breeze on runs. I am happy with mine.

There is also Alpinestars shop on Rama 4. They just openned and have great deal of apparels.

Kind Regards,

Ozzie

Dainese shop can sort you out. Ask for Farouk, that guys has good knowledge on gear and can speak good English.

https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Dainese/@13.804776,100.61653,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x30e29d8bd3dad7d9:0x24a08787960dc710?hl=en

But Panda Rider has also good deals and models on Revit. Check it out too.

Thanks Ll2. Ive been to Pandarider before and seen the Revit gear, although Im sure its safe etc I have always used Dainese and never had complaints so usually like to stay with Dainese, call me stubborn but Jackets aren't cheap. Just found Dainese ProShop on google earth so will be going to see.

Dainese shop can sort you out. Ask for Farouk, that guys has good knowledge on gear and can speak good English.

https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Dainese/@13.804776,100.61653,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x30e29d8bd3dad7d9:0x24a08787960dc710?hl=en

But Panda Rider has also good deals and models on Revit. Check it out too.

Thanks Ll2. Ive been to Pandarider before and seen the Revit gear, although Im sure its safe etc I have always used Dainese and never had complaints so usually like to stay with Dainese, call me stubborn but Jackets aren't cheap. Just found Dainese ProShop on google earth so will be going to see.

and be careful for 320sp, most of the products there are not original especially wear gear. helmets are fine though now.

Lots of places carry Dainese. A few more shops:

https://www.facebook.com/clubmotothailand?ref=ts&fref=ts

https://www.facebook.com/RidersOutletBKK?fref=ts

https://www.facebook.com/HachiRiderProshop?fref=ts

I suggest you call / send Line message in advance. Quite often it's difficult to find the right combination of model / size / color you want, assuming you have a couple of models in mind and know your size.

The Dainese flag shop btw had no Airfast and Laguna jackets at all in stock when I called a couple of weeks ago and were waiting on stocks to arrive.

P.S. that area of the Dainese flag shop has police checkpoints every day. Keep to the left :-)

Lots of places carry Dainese. A few more shops:

https://www.facebook.com/clubmotothailand?ref=ts&fref=ts

https://www.facebook.com/RidersOutletBKK?fref=ts

https://www.facebook.com/HachiRiderProshop?fref=ts

I suggest you call / send Line message in advance. Quite often it's difficult to find the right combination of model / size / color you want, assuming you have a couple of models in mind and know your size.

The Dainese flag shop btw had no Airfast and Laguna jackets at all in stock when I called a couple of weeks ago and were waiting on stocks to arrive.

P.S. that area of the Dainese flag shop has police checkpoints every day. Keep to the left :-)

Rambling.. Many thanks on both accounts!

A Square Plaza, it is in the corner of sukhumwit 26&Rama 4. Alpinestars shop is next to Vespa Dealership. These stores are not faced to Rama 4. They are faced to the parking lot in the back. The entrance of the plaza is from soi 26 right next to Big C.

Kind Regards,

Ozzie

A Square Plaza, it is in the corner of sukhumwit 26&Rama 4. Alpinestars shop is next to Vespa Dealership. These stores are not faced to Rama 4. They are faced to the parking lot in the back. The entrance of the plaza is from soi 26 right next to Big C.

Kind Regards,

Ozzie

In K Village or closer to Big C?

I dont know K village. I am not so familiar to the places there. All I know is to get on soi 26 from rama 4 and first left which is the entrance of parking lot. You ll see the shop as soon as pass the gate. There is a chinese restaurant or some sort of shop in the corner. When you enter soi 26, big c is on the right and this plaza is on the left.

Kind Regards,

Ozzie

I dont know K village. I am not so familiar to the places there. All I know is to get on soi 26 from rama 4 and first left which is the entrance of parking lot. You ll see the shop as soon as pass the gate. There is a chinese restaurant or some sort of shop in the corner. When you enter soi 26, big c is on the right and this plaza is on the left.

Kind Regards,

Ozzie

Gotcha. I have seen a small mall area there but was did not know its name so Im guessing its the one you are speaking of.

Cheers.

I see there is a lot of replica gear for sale. Whats the deal with the quality? I am looking for a jacket/gloves without spending too much.

Anyone have experience with how the replica gear holds up to wear and tear and crashes?

I have been to both Paddock and Alpinestars shops. Paddock has many other brands and their Alpinestars stock is nothing compared Alpinestars shop which sells only Alpinestars and I believe they are the distributor whereas Paddock might be a dealer.

Kind Regards,

Ozzie

I have been to both Paddock and Alpinestars shops. Paddock has many other brands and their Alpinestars stock is nothing compared Alpinestars shop which sells only Alpinestars and I believe they are the distributor whereas Paddock might be a dealer.

Kind Regards,

Ozzie

Agree. Ive been to paddock before and overall not really impressed. Paid PandaRider a visit today who mostly hold Revit and some Korean brand gear.. No Dragon/Drayco Jeans anymore.. Don't see much reason to visit there except for a new visor for my Suomy helmet and even at that on my first visit I was told there was no stock and they made an order for me, took my details and no follow up. I called a few weeks later to enquire and was told there was no order placed. 12 mths later gave it another go and again told no stock until one employee (maybe the boss) told everyone they had my visor and dug threw everything to find it himself.

On a positive note.. Went to the Dainese store this morning and got the jacket and boots I wanted, great stock levels, great service and overall pleased. I imagine the Rama IV Alpines store may be the same.

Did a ThaiVisa and google search and I can't find a Dragon/Drayco Jeans dealer in Thailand.. May have to go online for those!

What you have been through with order/stock/follow up, we have had all with many other businesses in Bangkok. There is usually no follow up at all. Ok, people are rather kind and helpful but most places have no business mind. Anyways.

Alpinestars shop has basically same structure as Dainese shop. Everything is Alpinestars and no other brand. It is a new and very spacy store. Items are placed well and they have %10 discount on all items. We wanted to buy this jacket for my wife but they didnt have XS and price was 7500. We could find the size of same jacket at Paddock and they asked 8800 for it. It was challenge to convince the seller to reduced price to 7500. We could eventually get it.

There is not much competition on Motorcycle apparel in thailand so usually the dealers keep the prices so high. The funny issue is most items are made in around here and still need to pay a fortune :)

Kind Regards,

Ozzie

I don't think those jeans are available here. The popular brands for riding jeans here are Maxler from Korea and Badass which is a local brand. These can be found in several retailers across Bangkok.

Panda sells a couple of other brands including Revi't (such as the Lombard) and another Italian brand I can't remember. I tried both and the main problem for me was the knee pads did not align at all with my knees. They're also more expensive.

I have a pair of Maxler with kevlar lining, hip protectors and height adjustable CE certified knee protectors which work great for me. I've not had a chance (thankfully) to put it to a crash test yet but it seems solidly made and of good quality. I will be getting another pair so I can alternate them.

I don't think those jeans are available here. The popular brands for riding jeans here are Maxler from Korea and Badass which is a local brand. These can be found in several retailers across Bangkok.

Panda sells a couple of other brands including Revi't (such as the Lombard) and another Italian brand I can't remember. I tried both and the main problem for me was the knee pads did not align at all with my knees. They're also more expensive.

I have a pair of Maxler with kevlar lining, hip protectors and height adjustable CE certified knee protectors which work great for me. I've not had a chance (thankfully) to put it to a crash test yet but it seems solidly made and of good quality. I will be getting another pair so I can alternate them.

Yeah its a pity they don't. They did start telling me about the Korean made ones but I lost interest as I had not heard of them and did not wish to Guinea Pig myself with a brand I didn't know.

I ended up purchasing some Cargo style Draggin Jeans from Aus at a cheaper price than those at Panda like you said.. And postage to Thailand was only $35 for 1-3 pieces.. So still on top!

I will do a bit of reading next week on Bike Jeans reviews if I can find them.