4 killed, 8 injured in crash between bus, trailer truck in Phayao

webfact

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

If I had a choice between a) being beaten to death by a lynch mob and cool.png running way like a scared little girl, I think I would choose the latter, even if I had to cop the scorn of Thai Visa punters

No. The scorn of the civilised world is what you would receive.

Only an absolutely soulless, selfish coward would leave others to die and lay bleeding.

But hey, what do you care? You got your little chuckle of the day...

However, at least now you have illustrated your character.

Exactly, These INCIDENTS are not usually accidents. The truck driver is not normal in the real world, but in Thailand it near shows upbringing is not normal in thousands and thousands of cases, and not just referring to these incidents.

Here we go again painting every Thai with the same brush. I crashed my scooter last year on highway one a truck driver blocked the road for me and him and his wife got out of their truck to help me up and off the road, very nice couple. Many of the posters here are like broken records, O wreck lets play this tune the one about the scum driver, jeez you would think you folks would be a bit more creative

Edited by moe666

I heard this week that an acquaintance was beaten up, not once but three times after his car wheel came off and he crashed into a o

I heard recently of an acquaintance whose car wheel came off and he crashed into a noodle shop. He was beaten up not once, but three times by the irate owner/ customers. Perhaps fleeing the scene is a wise option.?coffee1.gif

I heard recently of an acquaintance whose car wheel came off and he crashed into a noodle shop. He was beaten up not once, but three times by the irate owner/ customers. Perhaps fleeing the scene is a wise option.?coffee1.gif

Edited by Gandtee

If I had a choice between a) being beaten to death by a lynch mob and cool.png running way like a scared little girl, I think I would choose the latter, even if I had to cop the scorn of Thai Visa punters

He ran because he did wrong, so you would do the same be a crazy driver and flee ?? Sorry but a sad post. You would not have shown some goodness to help the injured, it would show to everyone you were a decent man.

well you feel free to hang around at a crash then. i stopped in a crowd of thai gawkers to see some thai lying under a bus bleeding heavily. my instinct was to stop the bleeding until help arrived. my g/f dragged me out of there pronto as she heard the latecomers talking about 'the foreigner did this, get him'.

if i cause a crash im out of there and ill report to the police station later.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Oh yeah?

Oh yeah!?

Yeah.

Ha, choose your weapons 10 paces and turncheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gif alt=cheesy.gif width=32 height=20>

My witty responses are my weapons

I thrive on humour/jokes. ok

But your #5 post was not so witty though.

Life is full of disappointments

Why do moderators allow these infantile posts?

glasswort. you just beat me to so infantile, moderators do your job, this was a tragic event stop treating it lightly. we all know it happens to often in this country, but show some respect. we are just spectators.

He ran because he did wrong, so you would do the same be a crazy driver and flee ?? Sorry but a sad post. You would not have shown some goodness to help the injured, it would show to everyone you were a decent man.

well you feel free to hang around at a crash then. i stopped in a crowd of thai gawkers to see some thai lying under a bus bleeding heavily. my instinct was to stop the bleeding until help arrived. my g/f dragged me out of there pronto as she heard the latecomers talking about 'the foreigner did this, get him'.

if i cause a crash im out of there and ill report to the police station later.

Exactly, as anyone who knows Thailand well would do, don't hang around or get involved with accidents, whether you're responsible or not. Thais are excessively hot-blooded in these situations, and the group effect takes over, no emotional control, no reasoning and if they spot a farang he will cop for it.

I am not a Thai basher, nor over-generalising, I just happen to know the place well and all this has been confirmed to me by Thais on countless occasions, including a couple of in-laws who are policemen.

He likely ran because of the drugs in his system, when they are washed out he will report in. This is Thailand.

My witty responses are my weapons

I thrive on humour/jokes. ok

But your #5 post was not so witty though.

Life is full of disappointments

Why do moderators allow these infantile posts?

Oh boo hoo. Go and tell your mum

Is there even driver training in Thailand? Defensive driving courses done properly would reduce the road carnage in Thailand which affects the GDP by 2% every year. For a starter make it mandatory that bus drivers take the course at cost to the bus companies. Secondly make the truckers do the same again at cost to the trucking companies. Let the professional drivers show an example to the rest.

No illegal crossing of traffic lines. No illegal U -turns. Properly slowing down for potential incidents. This would be a start.

Fines with teeth.

Finally require every driver to take defensive driving prior to renewal of either drivers license or vehicle registration.

Bring some order to the roadways in Thailand.

Make the Transportation office responsible.

I was on the thorough fare riding my scooter when a man on a scooter came into my path from a side road without looking. Although I had slowed to 40 km/hr I was unable to take evasive action. I ran into the back of him and took off his back fender. I ended up unconscious on the road after taking a spectacular spill. The offender came over and helped me up. The emergency vehicle arrived and drove me to the hospital.

Although the other driver was clearly at fault and there were witnesses present , the police said i was driving too fast. Fortunately two months and some drugs and doctor visits was the only medical attention I needed at the time. About a year later bursitis arising from my accident required an operation.

Lesson learned. Do not assume the police will help you if the other person is to blame. The foreigner is always to blame simply because they have money. Even my Thai wife knows this.

Recently I was involved in an altercation with a neighbour.ing foreigner. I left for my home country to allow the situation to cool down. Encouraged by my wife, a neighbour who is a policeman and a lawyer who is my neighbour I returned to Thailand. My lawyer neighbour informed me that the foreigner neighbour had paid the police and the courts to

1. put me in prison for 2 years

2. to deport me afterwards.

Although the neighbouring foreigner had threatened me and assaulted me, defending myself resulted in him being slightly injured. Although every time I appeared at the police station i attempted to charge him, the police only laughed at me.

Lesson learned - being in the right in Thailand will not save you.

My lawyer informed me that paying 50,000 THB would fix the police and the courts. I refused and said I would rather go to jail. i said I would pay her 50,000 THB but only if she did not bribe anyone. Bribery is wrong in my country and is wrong anywhere in the world. The case is proceeding. New policemen have been assigned.

Ginjag, how do you know the runaway driver did wrong. It sounds like the bus ran into the truck! The article does not give sufficient information for you to make this comment

Not sufficient information you said then you said it looks like the bus was wrong-------how do you come to that comment, so yours is a guess as well ??

amazing. usually if the driver fled the scene it is his fault, why flee ??

No. The scorn of the civilised world is what you would receive.

Only an absolutely soulless, selfish coward would leave others to die and lay bleeding.

But hey, what do you care? You got your little chuckle of the day...

However, at least now you have illustrated your character.

Exactly, These INCIDENTS are not usually accidents. The truck driver is not normal in the real world, but in Thailand it near shows upbringing is not normal in thousands and thousands of cases, and not just referring to these incidents.

Here we go again painting every Thai with the same brush. I crashed my scooter last year on highway one a truck driver blocked the road for me and him and his wife got out of their truck to help me up and off the road, very nice couple. Many of the posters here are like broken records, O wreck lets play this tune the one about the scum driver, jeez you would think you folks would be a bit more creative

Quote "painting every Thai with the same brush" NO read what I said, are you after distorting my post ?? I said Thousands and re upbringing --got that mate ?? are thousands all Thais--out of 66 million ??

I must admit, that's a very interesting point you make. It must be the fact that I'm getting older but that had never occurred to me. For some reason I always assumed that they ran away because they had no license or insurance or whatever, or maybe they had been drinking. Would the scenario you describe actually happen I wonder, after all, the people on the bus would be strangers to any witnesses or onlookers ......Points to ponder....I will look at this type of thing from a different perspective from now on.....Good post.

Edited by dotpoom

I must admit, that's a very interesting point you make. It must be the fact that I'm getting older but that had never occurred to me. For some reason I always assumed that they ran away because they had no license or insurance or whatever, or maybe they had been drinking. Would the scenario you describe actually happen I wonder, after all, the people on the bus would be strangers to any witnesses or onlookers ......Points to ponder....I will look at this type of thing from a different perspective from now on.....Good post.

Drinking in soi Cowboy at 2am in 1998 I saw a car roar into the soi at high speed with people diving for cover before the car eventually plowed into the wall at Jungle Jim's crushing one punter who was hastily loaded into a taxi and shipped off to hospital. The driver, who was hammered, had been trying to evade the police and drove into Cowboy thinking it was an empty road. Several Thai boys pulled him out of his car and kicked the stuffing out of him.

• Like 1

Dear ThaiVisa.

I wish you could get your information correct.

The truck hit the bus when the truck was going down a steep road at speed, it hit the bus and knocked it off the road, the lorry skidded and crashed. It was carrying grapes. The lorry driver did not flee either he was taken to hospital with broken ribs.

Dear ThaiVisa.

I wish you could get your information correct.

The truck hit the bus when the truck was going down a steep road at speed, it hit the bus and knocked it off the road, the lorry skidded and crashed. It was carrying grapes. The lorry driver did not flee either he was taken to hospital with broken ribs.

Why shoot the messenger. The Nation, in this case, was the source of the news and TV merely posted the report. It has been subsequently dissected for inaccuracies.

• Like 1