Prayuth elected as the 29th Thai PM

webfact

The General PM is a stand-up guy who rolls his sleeves up. He obviously has known for many years what he doesn't like about Thailand and what his country has become. The past governments dilly-dally and it takes forever to make changes for the better. This General PM is the best thing that can happen for Thailand. If he doesn't attempt to make big changes, Thailand will just keep going down-hill.

Personally I am happy to know that there are people in Thailand that have a vision for the country and it's much different then what it has become over the years. Each day is exciting now! I look forward to reading the news to see the new changes. I say Congratulations to the newly elected PM. There are many that stand with you in making change for the better. There is much work ahead. Wish the best for you and hope that the improved changes are long lasting.

I applaud your optimism.

But Thailand has been ruled by generals and appointed PM's almost exclusively until 92, they were back in power in 06, wrote the current constitution in 07. etc. no real change here.

The good general in the draft budget has just sharply increased defense spending by 5%, significantly higher than any other type of spending. just like all the other generals that proceeded him. Didn't make the news too much want to keep that on the down low. Increased military spending, nationalism, latent anti-westener... I don't see how it is anything different today than it has been for the past decades.

Your first short sentence good Then ???

Doom and gloom about the long gone past.

You did mention about the 5% increase, BUT you never mentioned about the previous --rice--tablet-car schemes. money gone---accounted for little. maybe 5% does not amount to near 1 trillion does it.??

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any tourism data, finance figures, etc will hardly be available for the last 10 weeks. To me it suggests the last lot has to take responsibility for most of the data given

data is available through end of July

I agree with you, Suthep f-d up the tourism numbers up to May

Did I mention Suthep NO---you have him on the brain because the sad in some ways but a hero in others had the power to overthrow and highlight such a strong government with a mandate.--so to your mind everything was on the up until Suthep arrived-to highlight the amnesty to get Thaksin pardoned.-----this data is also available.

Your off-topics rants are barely comprehensible.blink.png

He only answered your post about data not being available, and who he believes is responsible for the bad numbers.

What are you going on about hero, mandate, highlight....??!??

Leave out the personal bits eh! Quote " he only answered Bla ++++, no he didn't he had to add Suthep in to the mixer---tell the real facts---did you nicely overlook that when answering for him.

And who He believes, fine I added who I believed who was responsible also --so why the jump in to help post ??

Highlight---was the actual situation that led to the downfall and the loss in trade-tourism etc.

The BBC has a decent summary of the situation, I'm sure other news sites have, or will have, as well. Better read them quick before they are blocked.

The only problem with the BBC report was that Mr J. Head had a role in writing it.

Mr. Dick-Head is not dissimilar to our own biased Rachael Harvey of red shirt fame reporting. both biased.

• Like 1

182 replies since this morning? I think I will skip this topic as I somehow feel that apart from "Gen Prayuth elected as new PM" there's isn't anything else noteworthy written down. I won't even read any but the last two I can see now.

Don't let that stop the fun though. You guys can do well without me wink.png

Edited by rubl
  • Like 1

Leave out the personal bits eh! Quote " he only answered Bla ++++, no he didn't he had to add Suthep in to the mixer---tell the real facts---did you nicely overlook that when answering for him.

And who He believes, fine I added who I believed who was responsible also --so why the jump in to help post ??

Highlight---was the actual situation that led to the downfall and the loss in trade-tourism etc.

English is also my second language, but sorry I have no idea what you're going on about blink.png

Calm yourself down a bit maybe, take deep breaths before posting it's only a discussion.

182 replies since this morning? I think I will skip this topic as I somehow feel that apart from "Gen Prayuth elected as new PM" there's isn't anything else noteworthy written down. I won't even read any but the last two I can see /_now.

Don't let that stop the fun though. You guys can do well without me wink.png

Rube mate- you deserve a rest for the restraint ---and non ruffled from the onslaught, a glutton for punishment . You were better than a Duracell battery.

You win the endurance test award of the month. without you THEY will be lost and will have to scramble from thread to thread now.thumbsup.gif

English is also my second language, but sorry I have no idea what you're going on about blink.png

Calm yourself down a bit maybe, take deep breaths before posting it's only a discussion.

I am calm mate, if English is your second language, you are a better linguist than me.

This poster you seemed to defend mentioned Suthep to bait me, it worked. I did not mention the man he brought the name up.

The poster also gave shortened version of why business/tourism was down, I only replied when the decline started, this was the amnesty bill that PTP tried to push through parliament. This was the reason people took to the streets and trade/business dropped. OK not to blame the man who was the chief protester. the horse had already bolted.

Take your time then to read into the situ, as I was not to know about your nationality.

The BBC has a decent summary of the situation, I'm sure other news sites have, or will have, as well. Better read them quick before they are blocked.

The only problem with the BBC report was that Mr J. Head had a role in writing it.

I laugh every time I read these anti-BBC rants and I don't even watch the BBC. If you don't like it don't watch it. If The Nation is was appeals to you, well just read that to the exclusion of all others.

Everything is biased, it just depends on whether it conforms to your own personal bias (sorry TVF zealots, you're biased) whether you are going to slam it or not.

Maybe read ALL of it objectively might make some of you think a little more rationally, than the standard irrational ranting that characterize TVF

...then again wouldn't be half as hilarious to read with you LMAO

Could well be NOT anti BBC, more than likely BBC gets feedback from Dick Head, and many in Thailand do not approve as he has not been around enough to give a fair view back to England.

• Like 1

It always starts out so nicely, dictators getting shit done and not taking anymore shit from criminals.

But as always happens with every dictatorship in history the real agenda will be revealed - a restricted press, no elections, blatant corruption, disgusting nepotism, an upsurge in nationalism fueled with hatred it is all on its way and it is only a matter of time. People would be begging for the likes of the Shinawatras and Abhisits back in charge if the army were given control of Thailand for the next 10 years.

For heavens sake why cant you look at the other side of the picture.He is a good man to put at the top if you go on his record so far.That is not the way normal coups start.He has already shown that he can do it ,and I for one am right behind him-------Keep up the good work and look to the future not the past,it is all behind us now.All he needs is our support

• Like 1

I laugh every time I read these anti-BBC rants and I don't even watch the BBC. If you don't like it don't watch it. If The Nation is was appeals to you, well just read that to the exclusion of all others.

Everything is biased, it just depends on whether it conforms to your own personal bias (sorry TVF zealots, you're biased) whether you are going to slam it or not.

Maybe read ALL of it objectively might make some of you think a little more rationally, than the standard irrational ranting that characterize TVF

Rant? You call a comment reflecting that J Head is a joke as a reporter is a rant.

I would say you don't understand the word rant, but your post shows you clearly know how to go off on one. I did read all the BBC report and it was fine by me, but JH's contribution was just more of his usual BS.

Laugh your ass off by all means, but try to use other body parts for your thinking.

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Like 2

Could well be NOT anti BBC, more than likely BBC gets feedback from Dick Head, and many in Thailand do not approve as he has not been around enough to give a fair view back to England.

He's a journalist and hence a human being just like you, he has an opinion. You don't like it, well I'm sure he's not the only British journalist reporting from here, read someone else. Do you honestly think the world relies on the opinion of a single journalist?...well I guess in the zealot world you honestly think they do

• Like 1

Posts containing hyperbolic comparisons with North Korea have been removed and will continue to be removed. Posts referring to this as a military dictatorship can be construed as negative comments toward the imposition of Martial Law will continue to be removed. The removal of posts in these categories are for the well being of the posters posting this as well as for the safety of this site.

• Like 1

He's a journalist and hence a human being just like you, he has an opinion. You don't like it, well I'm sure he's not the only British journalist reporting from here, read someone else. Do you honestly think the world relies on the opinion of a single journalist?...well I guess in the zealot world you honestly think they do

History--Rachael Harvey--the same she gave out facts that favoured the reds, and look how good that reporting turned out. These king pins in outlying areas are the ones that give fair or bad impressions.

Example the lady from Aljazeera that interviewed Yingluck, she got down and did her work properly, Harvey and Head reported like they were on holiday.

• Like 1

So I guess he is going to retire from the Military. Can't possibly do both jobs as P.M and Chief of the Army and it is a conflict of interest. I guess the new P.M will now approve the purchase of those submarines they have been after.

Is it any worse than PM and Minister of Defence? At least the army will listen to him. whistling.gif

Holding two ministerial portfolios in government is not unusual. Holding a major portfolio of Prime Minister and then another outside of the Government like Chief of the Military is totally different.

Here we have this General who is in charge of the Military,

He is now P.M who will appoint a Minister of Defence who he as the Chief of the Military will answer too.

Then on the other hand the Minister of Defence will then answer to the P.M who is also his subordinate but also his superior.

The deneral will need to resign his commission in the Army or become god almighty and answer to no one. He be P.M Minister of Defence and head of the defence force. He will answer to no man and controls all.

He is now untouchable and can as he pleases, the country is his. If he resigns his commission it will weaken his power

Any tourism data, finance figures, etc will hardly be available for the last 10 weeks. To me it suggests the last lot has to take responsibility for most of the data given

Did I mention Suthep NO---you have him on the brain because the sad in some ways but a hero in others had the power to overthrow and highlight such a strong government with a mandate.--so to your mind everything was on the up until Suthep arrived-to highlight the amnesty to get Thaksin pardoned.-----this data is also available.

He only answered your post about data not being available, and who he believes is responsible for the bad numbers.

correct. I would also note that in a different thread on tourism, a poster was kind enough to post the link to the tourist data month by month with previous year comparisons. It is useful to look at for the effect of visitors in Thailand from the protests/coup. The data is also easily googled.

I read that in a post:

"He is now untouchable and can as he pleases, the country is his"

Sorry, but you should learn more about Thailand. Could be interesting.

There are "many" much higher ranking officers here.

Have Good reading and enjoy it

What are his English skills like? I seem to remember the previous incumbent being slagged off on TV on a regular basis for her English. Will the new PM pass the TV English test or are dictators an exempt category?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Edited by NCFC
  • Like 1

correct. I would also note that in a different thread on tourism, a poster was kind enough to post the link to the tourist data month by month with previous year comparisons. It is useful to look at for the effect of visitors in Thailand from the protests/coup. The data is also easily googled.

That is true but it does not give the reason for the figures. People had all ready planned the early summer holidays. They stayed away from Thailand out of fear of the governments red shirt army running amuck. Watch now and see the tourists come high season. Those people will have seen the peace and order with out the PTP led red shirts unofficial army. they will come flocking to Thailand.