Exemption From Military Service In Thailand

hesperus

I heard that if you are doing military service in other countries, you can actually get an exemption from doing military service in Thailand. I'm a male Thai national just turned 20, which means I have to do the balloting very soon. However, given that I am serving the military in Singapore, is it possible to get an exemption from the balloting itself? Anyone knows how to go about it?

The rules for conscription that used to be posted on the Thai consulate website in Los Angles stated that if an equivalent level of military service has been done then you may be exempted.

However, I doubt this rule gets invoked very often given that there aren't too many in your situation, so you'll probably have to head down to your ampur and speak to the draft officals there.

What nationality are you holding, why are you serving in the Singapore army? If you are holding Thai citizenship, there is no way to excuse the conscription unless you are very lucky in the balloting. Again, you need to check with the Thai defense ministry or the province conscription center for further info.

What nationality are you holding, why are you serving in the Singapore army? If you are holding Thai citizenship, there is no way to excuse the conscription unless you are very lucky in the balloting. Again, you need to check with the Thai defense ministry or the province conscription center for further info.

I'm serving in the Singapore army as I'm a 2nd generation PR. I'm still holding Thai nationality.

Anyway, sorry for the late reply as I have only just booked out from my army camp..

• 3 weeks later...
I'm serving in the Singapore army as I'm a 2nd generation PR. I'm still holding Thai nationality.

Anyway, sorry for the late reply as I have only just booked out from my army camp..

You better renounce sg citizenship before you serve the thai army.

As far as I know, sg don't allow dual citizenships.

You will be charged court martial by SAF (Singapore Army forces)if you serve and take oath of another country. Do check out with sg mindef or thai embassy in sg.

Good luck!