Security Code Invalid ............ error

intel4004

Security Code Invalid

This error is being reported when in fact the problem is the user has not logged in and is a response I got when replying to classified adverts. Even though I was logged in on the forum pages when I opened up the classified pages. I discovered I had to log in AGAIN to get rid of this error!

Why do I have to log in to classifieds when I've already got a forum page displayed in which I am logged in?

PS. Incidentally when I tried to send the message above to support I got the following response...

There was an error sending your message. Please try again later.

Oh dear not looking too good

I've been having this problem since I joined TV.

I can log in but when I try to post I usually get security code invalid, or occasionally 'You do not have permission to do that'.

Sometimes, but not often, I can post.

As I've said before on this topic, it is what it is.

If you opened a browser, then opened a ThaiVisa page, then either logged in (or were automatically logged in), then used the open browser page to open a ThaiVisa link and received a 'Not permitted to Access'; 'You do not have permission to do that'; or, 'Security Code Invalid ...' then I would probably use the 'Contact Us' link at the bottom of the ThaiVisa webpage to send an error report with exact step-by-step instructions and links pressed to duplicate the error, also noting your system OS version and browser type.

Note that ISSUES can arise if other ThaiVisa pages were previously open, or a Browser Bookmark was used to open the page where you received the error. This is due to the method the Forum Software uses Cookies and webpage MetaData to track the status of a user at the time the page is rendered. When rendered out-of-sync, you may encounter strange issues.

ThaiVisa is run on a licensed version of a Commercial or General Public Licensed CMS (content management system) Package, otherwise known as 'Forum Software'. ThaiVisa staff, mods, or owner didn't code the software and have little means of correcting a Cookie/MetaData mismatch error.

Though, if enough users are affected by the method which the software functions (or doesn't function) then the Forum Owner might contact the software author and enter a trouble-ticket, requesting it be researched. In the premise of the original paragraph, the software authors should be asked that the code fix be written and issued. In the case of the second paragraph, either users need to be made aware of possible 'stale page' error states and how to avoid them, or the software authors contacted and sent duplicatable step-by-step list so a possible code fix can be written and issued.

Unfortunately, once a Forum Software Package is installed, that's usually it -- except for security updates, they are rarely updated. Updating is a headache and usually breaks thinks, lots of things, so site owners don't do it unless they have to or the break-things issue is minimal.

I'm sure the ThaiVisa people care, but what would you like them to do (that is within their realm of actually doing)?

intel4004, I assume you got the "Security Code Invalid" error message on this page:
post-21260-0-25623200-1408789655_thumb.g

I tried to recreate the error as follows:

1. I logged in on thaivisa.com/forum, clicked on "CLASSIFIEDS" in the menu bar, and selected an ad.
  2. I completed the fields under "Reply to ad", entered the displayed security code, and clicked on "Send this message"
  3. My message was sent and a confirmation to this effect, in green colour, appeared on the screen.
post-21260-0-58593700-1408790040_thumb.g post-21260-0-96712800-1408789968_thumb.g