Kristie Kenney meets Commissioner-General to discuss security of Americans in Thailand

webfact

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Have to agree there, one wounders what the bloody place would be like if the US wasn't in a position to at least have ago at some of these Muslim pig <deleted>, do not forget their allies as well and remember if China come a bombing in the night, who would General P.M. Prayuth run to, I rest my case

When the Japanese came a bombing in the night in WWII, the Thais ran to....................

(fill in the blank)

Study history.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If American citizins are in trouble abroud instead of sending special forces why dont they send some of those gangsta rappers like 50 cent he got shot nine times or snoop dog and dr dre straight outa compton ........

What do the Americans need special security considerations for?

They've set themselves up as the ''worlds police force'' thus they should be able to contain any threats real or imaginary.whistling.gif

Could they be one of the most disliked races nowadays and therefore under threat at times?

Americans are not a race. In fact, America has one of the most diverse racial profiles of any country. America has whites, blacks, asians, etc.

Included in the asian population in the US is more Thai's outside of Thailand than in any other country.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

I wonder what they talked about exactly. I wonder if there is heightened concern now over security for Americans abroad because of:

Isis and their genocidal actions (Iraq, Syria, etc.)

Obama's military reaction to Isis and expectations of much more

Recent beheading of American journalist and threats for more

War between Israel and Gaza (lots of hateful actions now globally against Israelis, all Jews in general, and Americans who are correctly recognized as Israel's best ally and the most Jewish friendly nation in the world after Israel)

Lots of foreign nationals in Thailand who would be assumed to be hostile to Americans (screening of course not the same for visas as it would be for the USA and Western Europe)

I was thinking about this kind of thing the other day in Pattaya.

Here so many diverse nationalities, that's wonderful.

Many people wearing American flag clothing.

They are mostly not Americans. Easy to tell when they open their mouths speaking Russian, Farsi, etc.!

I think Americans mostly avoid standing out too much as Americans here, and probably wisely.

So many foreigners dressed as identifiably Muslim (many hijabs).

I have never noticed any backlash to them for that and I assume they don't get any.

Then I thought, what would it be like for me to go about Pattaya wearing an American flag t-shirt, a yarmulke, and a Jewish star necklace?

I think anyone doing that would face massive harassment and violence in Pattaya. No, I wouldn't be so brave.

She should have been discussing that the comments of John Kerry and herself following the coup have created an unreasonable risk of harm for Americans in Thailand, because the comments were so offensive. Compounding that, she should have apologized for the actions taken by the US government as sanctions for the coup, because they were due to a lack of understanding of the Thai political situation and the threat of a civil war. She's an idiot, was given the job as a political favor for her husband, and I can't wait for the end of Obama's term when she will be sent packing.

Partisan political claptrap.

Amb Kenney was on staff of the National Security Council at the White House, was civilian-military liaison with Nato, director of the State Department Operations Center, ambassador to another East Asia formal treaty national security ally the Philippines, which makes partisan political rhetoric look dumb.

The military government knows anyway they don't want their goons roughing up Americans around here. It would be really bad for business and probably for Thais in the U.S.

Nor have I seen a credible threat to Americans in Thailand posed by terrorists from outside the country, not even after a couple of three years in one of the majority Muslim 5 southern provinces (90% majority).

Edited by Publicus

They've set themselves up as the ''worlds police force'' thus they should be able to contain any threats real or imaginary.whistling.gif

Just repeating it in case some one missed it.

The whole thing amounts to a troll post.coffee1.gif

Could they be one of the most disliked races nowadays and therefore under threat at times?

Americans are not a race. In fact, America has one of the most diverse racial profiles of any country. America has whites, blacks, asians, etc.

Always get a kick out of the America bashers.

When disaster strikes somewhere in the world, who comes running with relief, shelter, helicopters and medical supplies? Think earthquakes, tsunami, floods.

The Yanks. Not often the Chinese or Russians.

No, I'm not American.

Perhaps Ms Kenney can also assure U.S. citizens that they will also be safe when back in the good 'ole U S of A too?.

Excellent post.

I whole heartedly agree with you on them feeling safer in Thailand than the States.

It just occurred to me maybe she was looking for advice on how to make the streets safer in the States.smile.png

Edited by northernjohn

I wonder what they talked about exactly. I wonder if there is heightened concern now over security for Americans abroad because of:

War between Israel and Gaza (lots of hateful actions now globally against Israelis, all Jews in general, and Americans who are correctly recognized as Israel's best ally and the most Jewish friendly nation in the world after Israel)

Lots of foreign nationals in Thailand who would be assumed to be hostile to Americans (screening of course not the same for visas as it would be for the USA and Western Europe)

They are mostly not Americans. Easy to tell when they open their mouths speaking Russian, Farsi, etc.!

I think Americans mostly avoid standing out too much as Americans here, and probably wisely.

I have never noticed any backlash to them for that and I assume they don't get any.

Then I thought, what would it be like for me to go about Pattaya wearing an American flag t-shirt, a yarmulke, and a Jewish star necklace?

I think anyone doing that would face massive harassment and violence in Pattaya. No, I wouldn't be so brave.

She should have been discussing that the comments of John Kerry and herself following the coup have created an unreasonable risk of harm for Americans in Thailand, because the comments were so offensive. Compounding that, she should have apologized for the actions taken by the US government as sanctions for the coup, because they were due to a lack of understanding of the Thai political situation and the threat of a civil war. She's an idiot, was given the job as a political favor for her husband, and I can't wait for the end of Obama's term when she will be sent packing.

Amb Kenney was on staff of the National Security Council at the White House, was civilian-military liaison with Nato, director of the State Department Operations Center, ambassador to another East Asia formal treaty national security ally the Philippines, which makes partisan political rhetoric look dumb.

The military government knows anyway they don't want their goons roughing up Americans around here. It would be really bad for business and probably for Thais in the U.S.

Nor have I seen a credible threat to Americans in Thailand posed by terrorists from outside the country, not even after a couple of three years in one of the majority Muslim 5 southern provinces (90% majority).

Well she may have been all those things but she is still not very bright to have to discuss the safety of Americans here in Thailand. It is much better than in the states. Was she asking for preferential treatment of the Americans over the Canadians the British and other western countries.

That is the attitude that the rest of the world see's. As an American I am ashamed of her actions.sad.png

Well she may have been all those things but she is still not very bright to have to discuss the safety of Americans here in Thailand. It is much better than in the states. Was she asking for preferential treatment of the Americans over the Canadians the British and other western countries.

That is the attitude that the rest of the world see's. As an American I am ashamed of her actions.sad.png

Ambassador Kenney is doing the job she was sent to do by the guy who sent her and that's fine with me.

I support her representation of the United States to Thailand.

Amb Kenney will leave Thailand at the end of the year so the background talk is the next assignment. Ambassador to South Korea is mentioned prominently, another U.S. formal treaty national security ally.

Onward and upward.

Of course they are a race, what a stupid thing to say. Yes, they have a diverse cultural mix, as any country should nowadays, but they are still American.

Anyway, i doth think they are a hated nation at all.. There is a lot I dont like about American culture but also a lot I do.. But what is undeniable is that in every shopping "mall" in the world there is a Macdonalds, KFC, Burgerking or maybe a Subway etc, etc,, so clearly the crap food travels well and I could go on and on with examples of US influence (hate the word "sneakers") but I am sure everyone knows.

Its funny how people seem to think they are a hated nation and yet every country is Asia is rushing to adopt the entire culture for themselves.

most if not all the BKK malls, are confusing to me, as, there are times I am not sure that I am not in America based on the retail activity and the stores themselves,

y

Robinson May is a big west coast chain affiliated w Macy's

other

they seem the be the anchors at most of these malls, and, they are monstrously large

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

They've set themselves up as the ''worlds police force'' thus they should be able to contain any threats real or imaginary.whistling.gif alt=whistling.gif>

Because American men are so handsome and well endowed, they require special security to protect them from female hordes clammering to have sex with them.

You asked - I told!

Interpretation takes on many strange twists and turns, none so more than conceitedness.

Don't forget the part about the US being a boiling pot of problems about to boil over as we have seen the last few weeks.

Have to agree there, one wounders what the bloody place would be like if the US wasn't in a position to at least have ago at some of these Muslim pig <deleted>, do not forget their allies as well and remember if China come a bombing in the night, who would General P.M. Prayuth run to, I rest my case

When the Japanese came a bombing in the night in WWII, the Thais ran to....................

(fill in the blank)

Study history.

The United States (strategic) and Britain (tactical) during WW2 bombed Thailand which was an ally of Japan having declared war on Britain and the United States. Thailand changed sides near the end of the war when they realised that Japan had had it. Interestingly it was the so-called educated elite that supported the alliance with Japan whereas the often derided rural poor were friendly to the Allies and took up arms against the Japanese occupiers.

15 Min wooo. I think the American security is worth more than 15 Min

Don´t forget to subtract the mandatory polite smalltalk, - 5 mins and if she had to use an interpreter (I don´t know her command of the Thai language) then the three lines in the article pretty much sum up the whole contents of that conversation.

Either Mrs. Ice-Bucket-Challenge or the Commissioner-General were unwilling to spend more than 15 mins on that rather important subject. It would be interesting to know which side made up that tight schedule but it is very revealing in any case.

Or should we all assume that the security of Americans in Thailand is such a petty issue?

They've set themselves up as the ''worlds police force'' thus they should be able to contain any threats real or imaginary.

Duh......That is just a plain dumba55 answer to potential threatening situations. Maybe because with all the crap done by the US Government around the world the last couple of decades, individual citizens that travel could face threats just by being a US Citizen being in the wrong place at the wrong time. I did not set my self up "Pal". DO not heap all Americans in to one group. I have been against the majority of the US Governments Foreign Policy for the past two Decades. I myself have developed special skill sets thru training over the years to handle just about any situation possible I might find myself in. The concerns would be for an average Family on Holiday. And that security should extend to all visitors to the Kingdom regardless of where they are from.

siampolee, on 22 Aug 2014 - 11:45, said:snapback.png

They've set themselves up as the ''worlds police force'' thus they should be able to contain any threats real or imaginary.whistling.gif.pagespeed.ce.FVjgnKnWS1.pn

Because other Countries don't have the stones to do it.

********************************************************************************************

And where would the world be without a "world's police force?" The same as any country or city who lacked police!

If the U.S. did not intervene where not other country has the balls to do so -- maybe Hitler would have ruled and ruined the world by now... or Japan ... or the muslims (and they are only being slowed down in their quest to kill everyone in their way.

I am an American, living as an expat for 15 years. There is a LOT I don't like with the idiots running the government. But the PEOPLE of the diverse cultures of America make it still the BEST country EVER in existence. Without America the world would be a very different and much worse place!

All the morons in here who have never been to America, but have their immature and dumb statements to make, don't waste your time with me. I post in here and then leave. THERE IS NOTHING FURTHER TO DISCUSS.

15 Min wooo. I think the American security is worth more than 15 Min

Don´t forget to subtract the mandatory polite smalltalk, - 5 mins and if she had to use an interpreter (I don´t know her command of the Thai language) then the three lines in the article pretty much sum up the whole contents of that conversation.

Either Mrs. Ice-Bucket-Challenge or the Commissioner-General were unwilling to spend more than 15 mins on that rather important subject. It would be interesting to know which side made up that tight schedule but it is very revealing in any case.

Or should we all assume that the security of Americans in Thailand is such a petty issue?

The security for Americans would be the same as for anyone else. I really can't see where there would be that much to talk about other than to keep the lines of communication open.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

JackJD # 79.

I am an American, living as an expat for 15 years. There is a LOT I don't like with the idiots running the government. But the PEOPLE of the diverse cultures of America make it still the BEST country EVER in existence. Without America the world would be a very different and much worse place!

All the morons in here who have never been to America, but have their immature and dumb statements to make, don't waste your time with me. I post in here and then leave. THERE IS NOTHING FURTHER TO DISCUSS.

Then pray good sir could you tell us why you are it seems living here in Thailand for some 15 years if America is paradise personified to you?

Don't forget the part about the US being a boiling pot of problems about to boil over as we have seen the last few weeks.

I can only hope it's filled delicious Maine Lobster, and Maryland blue Crabs. Maybe some Gulf Shrimp too if we're all lucky.

Americans a race? LOL, must be some really smart folks up in here.

Yes, they are a race.

Race connotes inherited traits, as in genetics, as in a closed gene pool.

That's literally the OPPOSITE of the United States, the most diverse country of it's size, in the world. In fact, every single human being alive today is the same race. Race is a completely subjective, i.e. NOT REAL term used by people who lack the faculties (including scientists who shouldn't be scientists) to describe what are actually just interracial characteristics, like black skin, or red hair, or short stature.

Americans are definitely not a race, not even by weird bad and largely ignored definitions of race, which are inappropriate and ineffective at actually designating anything substantive about groups of people. Thinking otherwise however, generally leads one to racism, which is just prejudice based on ethnicity or perceived shared genetic traits.

It is also a construct, and not biologically valid or supported.

Of course if you're an ignorant twit, you won't understand any of what I just wrote.

Edited by harveyBKK
  • Like 1

Of course they are a race, what a stupid thing to say. Yes, they have a diverse cultural mix, as any country should nowadays, but they are still American.

Anyway, i doth think they are a hated nation at all.. There is a lot I dont like about American culture but also a lot I do.. But what is undeniable is that in every shopping "mall" in the world there is a Macdonalds, KFC, Burgerking or maybe a Subway etc, etc,, so clearly the crap food travels well and I could go on and on with examples of US influence (hate the word "sneakers") but I am sure everyone knows.

Its funny how people seem to think they are a hated nation and yet every country is Asia is rushing to adopt the entire culture for themselves.

Actually it was a correct statement.

"American" is NOT a "Race" but a "Nationality". "American" can also, in some instances, be an "Ethnicity".

Words for the day:

* Race: based on physical and inherited features

* Ethnicity: social affiliation based on how you were raised and what customs you keep

* Nationality: the country of citizenship & usually birth

So Thais are not a race - they are just racist against white people? There are a lot of grey areas with your definitions aren't there?