Long Term London Thai Food Addicts

p1p

I'm interested in hearing from people who used to frequent London Thai restaurants on a regular basis back in the 1970's and 1980's.

Which restaurant(s) did you frequent?

Are any of those restaurants still running?

How has London Thai food changed over the decades?

Not me, but if per chance you are looking for a good place, the Ship Inn on the Isle of Dogs, on Westferry Rd has brilliant Thai food.

The pub is nothing to write home about, but there is a Thai lady who lives upstairs and runs the kitchen. It is not an eating pub per se (ie no real sit down meal areas) and last time I was there 10 months ago they were playing N.Irish Loyalist ditties. But I have to say, it is the best Thai food I had in London. And if isn't on the menu, odds are she can cook it.

There is a good one on the Uxbridge Road in Acton. Just acccross from the Red Lion and Pineapple Pub and up a bit from the RedBack. Cant remember the name. There is 2 i have tried in Acton and this one is the best. The other next to the tube station is <deleted>. All Thai staff in the Uxbridge Road one. Though there is a farang who delivers.(iThink its his business but they all work there).

Edited by Jockstar

Never found any good Thai Restaurants in London...or anywhere else in the UK.

They are overpriced,over rated and when serving you "kao" you would think they were offering up their daughters virginity.....

Chinese ,French,Italian,Indian and the Gay Hussar (Hungarian)are more like it... :o