Need advice on overstay, lost passport and exit visa

I believe I have the right documents to get the emergency travel documents from my embassy., flight ticket ,police report, id.

I then need to get an exit visa at Thai Immigration, this is the bit that concerns me.

If I have everything in place including the funds will they issue the exit visa or could the lock me up?

I really need some help from an expert or would you advise hiring a lawyer?

There is no exit visa. What immirgation will do is look-up your entry details and note them in the emeregncy passport. (requires police report and letter from embassy).

You are then free to leave. They will probably just tell you to pay the overstay fee at the airport, especially if you can show a ticket out.

Easy does it.

• Like 1

There is no such thing as a exit visa.

Immigration would have to check their records in order to stamp your entry and permit to stay in the ETD.

How long ago did you loose your passport? Did you do a police report? You will need that for your embassy and immigration.

How long have you been on overstay?

• Like 1

Get the ETD and the lost passport number.

Have the money ready to pay overstay, on that day only go to airport with ample anticipation, Immigration will look up your entry details, make pay the fine and you will be let leave.

it is pointless and counter-productive for you to go to an immigration office, despite what your embassy tells you.

• Like 1

Have the money ready to pay overstay, on that day only go to airport with ample anticipation, Immigration will look up your entry details, make pay the fine and you will be let leave.

it is pointless and counter-productive for you to go to an immigration office, despite what your embassy tells you.

ahh they have told me twice i have to go to immigration in bkk or will not be allowed to leave, if you re right that s good news

There is no such thing as a exit visa.

Immigration would have to check their records in order to stamp your entry and permit to stay in the ETD.

How long ago did you loose your passport? Did you do a police report? You will need that for your embassy and immigration.

How long have you been on overstay?

yes have the police report ready

ahh they have told me twice i have to go to immigration in bkk or will not be allowed to leave, if you re right that s good news

Actually you could get arrested if you just go to immigration. Just read any overstay thread to learn how the matter is handled at the airport.

This is not a simple overstay, it is in combination with a lost passport. That means more work is involved, papers to check and documents to be stamped and it is better to do it at an immigration office, so you don't have to worry about getting your flight on time. At the airport they might turn you away.

• Like 2

damn now more data my sress levels reduced earlier when i read i could just go to airport

so if i had to go to immigration in bkk would i take my luggage with me in case they arrested me there?? what are the chances of being arrested even if i pay overstay and have travel docs and etd plus police report?

damn now more data my sress levels reduced earlier when i read i could just go to airport

so if i had to go to immigration in bkk would i take my luggage with me in case they arrested me there?? what are the chances of being arrested even if i pay overstay and have travel docs and etd plus police report?

There are no worries.

Just be sure to take the ticket out with you. Immigration is absolutely not interested in the extra paperwork of arresting someone who is already planning to leave the country.

• Like 1

Hi, I had my Passport stolen and received an Emergency Passport replacement prior to overstay (ED Visa). In May 2014 I took the Police Report (of the theft), paperwork from Australian Embassy (when I applied for the Emergency Passport) and the Emergency Passport to the Chiang Mai Immigration Office. They were helpful and wrote details of my existing visa into the Emergency Passport. I left the Kingdom without hitch at the Airport. I was fortunate to have a Thai friend with me to explain the situation and I am certain that made the process smoother and quicker. Overall there was no drama with having it done, but they checked everything, which I expected them to.

• Like 1