Thermoscan installed at Suvarnabhumi Airport

Lite Beer

Thermoscan installed at Suvarnabhumi Airport
By Digital Content

14087702055962-640x390x1.jpg

BANGKOK, Aug 23 -- In an attempt to prevent the deadly Ebola virus from infiltrating Thailand, authorities at Suvarnabhumi Airport have installed a Thermoscan at the airport terminal, said Dr Jariengroj Krishna, Medical Department director of Airports of Thailand (AoT).

Dr Jariengroj said the equipment has been installed since Thursday and it will be used for measuring body temperatures of passengers arriving from Guinea, Liberia, Sierra Leone and Nigeria, where victims of the disease are being found now.

He said passengers travelling from those countries found to have extremely high body temperatures will be asked by Ministry of Public Health's Health Quarantine Office officials to undergo a medical checkup and to comply with measures laid out by the Public Health Ministry.

Both Suvarnabhumi Airport and the Health Quarantine Office are also considering setting up five more screening points for arriving passengers.

Three of them will be established at counters checking passports while the rest will be installed in the transit passenger area.

So far airport officials have installed more than 80 cleansing gel points for the passengers to keep their hands clean before they travel into the city and more are expected to be installed in the future in the baggage claims areas, officials said. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2014-08-23

• Like 1

never let the chance of a hyped up media crisis pass you by the world has gone mad ...1427 deaths in AFRICA THIS YEAR..Worldwide maybe 1 ...just no comparison to the 25,000 that died in the US alone from flu last season

maybe the Africans should think about stopping drinking animal blood and eating bush meat; that will go along way to stop any further outbreaks there..plus going to the toilet anywhere you like does not help

There aren't that many flights arriving direct from Africa, so what about the connectors? Qatar for example? This is a half baked solution just to be seen as doing something. In the 10 years I worked in Africa, I was not once asked for my yellow fever book when entering Thailand. Same same.

It may help with other diseases, however, many diseases (like ebola) can have a longer incubation period than some.

W.H.O. says that the incubation period from Ebola is from 2 to 21 days. That's a long time, folks.

Had Thermo Scanners when the SARS thing was going on 5 or 6 years ago.

Remember it well. Solitary camera just before immigration. No one was manning the post, but I'm certain had I been running a temperature then I would have been met for further examination.

It's one line of defence.

These thermo scanner from the same manufacturer as these bomb detectors?

What's a THERMO ? Are they dangerous? How big are they and what do they look like?coffee1.gif

A thermoscan should be conducted with a thermal imaging camera?

BTW you know the difference between a hood and a bonnet?

These thermo scanner from the same manufacturer as these bomb detectors?

What's a THERMO ? Are they dangerous? How big are they and what do they look like?coffee1.gif

A thermoscan should be conducted with a thermal imaging camera?

BTW you know the difference between a hood and a bonnet?

Hood covers an engine of a vehicle and a bonnet is what women wear on their heads for easter sometimes called an easter bonnet. Do I win anything?