Thick Plastic Trash Bags

junglechef

At the back of Warorot market (Gong Lo Jo)) is a plastics shop (not Chiang Mai Plastic). It has a wide frontage with plastic boxes and bins and kitchenware in the back - it is between the 2 narrower entrances of CM Plastic.

On the left hand side of the store they have trash bags in packets on the shelves. These are the black ones and they are way thicker than the ones you get in the other stores.

If you want clear plastic bags then go into CM Plastic.

• Like 1

Have you considered regular waterproof nylon backpack covers? Not expensive, last longer than plastic bags, fit better too. It's difficult to get plastic bags to fit around shoulder straps and waist belts to give a good resistant seal. The nylon covers are sold at the Archery shop near Star Dome, the sports shop on the 2nd fl of Kad Suan Kaew, and probably several other locations.

• Like 1

Thanks but I think I'm starting with a backpack and will transfer to panniers and a small duffel bag or something like that make it work so plastic bags will work for many configurations and of course I can just pack my clothes in them in necessary and let my bag outside get wet.

Thanks but I think I'm starting with a backpack and will transfer to panniers and a small duffel bag or something like that make it work so plastic bags will work for many configurations and of course I can just pack my clothes in them in necessary and let my bag outside get wet.

That is often the route I take. When backpacking for extended trips, everything inside my pack goes into waterproof bags. I use smaller waterproof nylon bags but plastic works fine for short trips. THEN I cover the outside of the pack with a waterproof nylon pack cover. I hate putting on wet clothes!

Found some that we're thicker then Macro's at CM Plastic as next door was closed. Then have many sizes so I'll just bring a few extra in case I rip some. Thanks everyone this has been another enthralling TV topic smile.png

You bet, way more interesting than hamburgers and pizzas; although if they turn out really icky at least you'll have a good trash bag to throw them in! tongue.png

• Like 1

Another thread of people saying how amazing an overcooked grey hockey puck they call a burger or pizza that is bread with ketchup and mayo on it and I might have to take one of the trash bags and tie it over my head! (no need for anyone to comment on how much they'd like that)