1.6 million ya ba pills seized by police

Lite Beer

intercept the drugs, contaminate them, and put them back out on the supply chain.

Well you're a nice piece of work, aren't you? Judge, jury and executioner all in one. I don't suppose it ever occurred to you that you might be wrong, did it?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5 million ya ba pills destined for the south? Just how many ya ba users are there down there? When you think about it, it seems like a huge amount. I, a single individual, know quite a lot of Thai people. I'm quite sure that none of them have ever taken ya ba. I have seen a few (not many, and I know the signs) youngsters in bars that may be on it. But really, the percentage of the population who use ya ba must in reality be very small. I would think 5% would be a gross overestimation, and most of those would be occasional users. So 5% of the population is about three million spread across the whole country. Of which a small percentage live in the south. And they were sending FIVE MILLION pills down there?

Something doesn't add up, unless the pills were destined for somewhere else.

I'm sure some of the 5 million pills would have easily made it across the border to Malaysia, Singapore and beyond. Sadly it's quite popular for Malaysians and Sigaporeans to travel to Southern Thailand to enjoy the nightlife and take speed. Indonesia is also a huge drug market.

Users of methamphetamine rapidly develop tolerance and often take two tablets for breakfast etc. It's not always so easy to spot a regular user as the obvious signs become less pronounced with tolerance. The Thai appetite for ya-ba tablets could be as high as several million tablets per week. It's very popular. unfortunately.

There have been news reports from Europe where legally prescribed methamphetamine has been increasingly subscribed in alarming numbers. Check out Adderall.

I did. Chemically, Adderall is a mixture of several amphetamine salts; specifically, it is composed of equal parts (by mass) of amphetamine aspartate monohydrate, amphetamine sulfate, dextroamphetamine sulfate, and dextroamphetamine saccharate.

In other words, its not a methamphetemine.

intercept the drugs, contaminate them, and put them back out on the supply chain.

Well you're a nice piece of work, aren't you? Judge, jury and executioner all in one. I don't suppose it ever occurred to you that you might be wrong, did it?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5 million ya ba pills destined for the south? Just how many ya ba users are there down there? When you think about it, it seems like a huge amount. I, a single individual, know quite a lot of Thai people. I'm quite sure that none of them have ever taken ya ba. I have seen a few (not many, and I know the signs) youngsters in bars that may be on it. But really, the percentage of the population who use ya ba must in reality be very small. I would think 5% would be a gross overestimation, and most of those would be occasional users. So 5% of the population is about three million spread across the whole country. Of which a small percentage live in the south. And they were sending FIVE MILLION pills down there?

Something doesn't add up, unless the pills were destined for somewhere else.

I'm sure some of the 5 million pills would have easily made it across the border to Malaysia, Singapore and beyond. Sadly it's quite popular for Malaysians and Sigaporeans to travel to Southern Thailand to enjoy the nightlife and take speed. Indonesia is also a huge drug market.

Users of methamphetamine rapidly develop tolerance and often take two tablets for breakfast etc. It's not always so easy to spot a regular user as the obvious signs become less pronounced with tolerance. The Thai appetite for ya-ba tablets could be as high as several million tablets per week. It's very popular. unfortunately.

There have been news reports from Europe where legally prescribed methamphetamine has been increasingly subscribed in alarming numbers. Check out Adderall.

I did. Chemically, Adderall is a mixture of several amphetamine salts; specifically, it is composed of equal parts (by mass) of amphetamine aspartate monohydrate, amphetamine sulfate, dextroamphetamine sulfate, and dextroamphetamine saccharate.

In other words, its not a methamphetemine.

Desoxyn is methampehamine, however Adderol is more widely available on the streets where it has been diverted from legitimate supplies.

There is more info in the Wikipedia article on Adderal under the heading "pharmacodynamics" it's not methamphetamine. Thanks for pointing that out.