Bit of advice please...

Well last year I stayed here for 6 months -two exemptions (one on and one when i went to tour and one double entry tourist visa (no extensions).Then I went home to Ireland for 6 months. Returning, I got the usual exemption at the airport and then went for a double entry tourist visa in laos. Now I want to stay and find work. So my plan is to go for a one month extension (on my current tourist and then if I find a job in September-go for a non b. My question is : My current tourist visa is out of 0n the 2nd of September. But I want to go to immigration on the 28th to apply for an extension (which I've never applied for before) just to be safe. Can I apply 4 days before the end of my visa or do I have to do it on the day of the expiry date? Also do you think, in your opinion, with your knowledge, there might be a problem at immigration? Or when i apply for a non b? Or is my plan smooth sailing?

Edited by ubonjoe
Changed to default font for readability

4 days is actually cutting it fine. You can extend weeks in advance afaik. You could even enter Thailand and then go straight to immigration and extend, in theory.

I can't see any problems. You can extend for 30 days. Then do a visa run to activate the second entry which itself can be extended for 30 days.

Edited by RandomSand

OK thanks :)and then applying for the non b - with the amount of stamps in my passport - should it be smooth getting back in? I hear some people are being locked out - is it just luck of the draw? Someone told me my passport is borderline - could go either way - but i hear they are easing up?