Ranong border run

Did a crossing in Ranong yesterday at the Andaman Club to leave and re-enter Thailand in accordance with the rules on a Non Imm. "O" M/E visa. After reading some comments in another thread about supporting docs thought best to bring them and they were indeed asked for. The visa was issued on the basis of being the father of a Thai child so I had the birth certificate and the passports of the mother and child. They made copies of all of these.

There was also quite a lot of conferring in the back office and when they came back out they were very concerned that I had not been reporting my address at Hua Hin immigration office. As fas as I'm aware that is not required when on a non o multi entry but thought better of arguing. They stated that I must report within 24 hours of returning to Thailand which I took to mean that I would need to go the immigration today. Surely they've given me a bum steer here? Something that may have confused them is that there is an address report stapled into the back of my passport that is dated 4 years ago. This was only used when obtaining a Thai drivers licence.

A couple of other tidbits:

- The fee now is 950thb.

- Took the 11:30am ferry and on a positive note, was asked when we arrived on the island if we'd like to take the same ferry back so was back by a little after noon. A nice change when you have another 5 hour drive ahead.

- There was only about 8 people on both ferry trips so hopefully they are not questioning the viability of so many trips a day. I guess they won't want to upset the Thai high rollers that come over for an afternoon punt though.

There is reporting your stay and reporting that you are in the country for 90 days. The last one you only make when on an extension of stay.

The address reporting must be made, but is in practice not enforced. Mostly it is enforced when people are on an extension of stay based on marriage.

Thanks Mario. I also thought it was only required for people on extension of stay for marriage, retirement, etc

But technically I am supposed to do this also? Would everyone entering Thailand on a visa allowing 90 days (or any period for that matter) also be required to visit their local immigration office within 24 hours of arrival?

Did a crossing in Ranong yesterday at the Andaman Club to leave and re-enter Thailand in accordance with the rules on a Non Imm. "O" M/E visa. After reading some comments in another thread about supporting docs thought best to bring them and they were indeed asked for. The visa was issued on the basis of being the father of a Thai child so I had the birth certificate and the passports of the mother and child. They made copies of all of these.

If you want to do less border runs within the validity of your multiple entries visa, you can extend each entry for 60 days at Immigration, with the same paperwork as above. Reason 2.24 of immigration order, fee Bt. 1,900

The report of your address is not normally enforced.

It is only required if you change your address or if you are in another province for more than 24 hours.

HUH;

i live in Phuket and once a year do a drive around Thailand/Laos/Cambodia

heading north, staying more than 24 hours in Mae Sot, Mae Hong son, Fang an Chiang Khong sometimes

than into Laos across Thailand and into Cambodia and come back

a few days in Pattaya and maybe Bangkok on the way home

are u saying i need report to each place?

The report of your address is not normally enforced.

It is only required if you change your address or if you are in another province for more than 24 hours.

HUH;

i live in Phuket and once a year do a drive around Thailand/Laos/Cambodia

heading north, staying more than 24 hours in Mae Sot, Mae Hong son, Fang an Chiang Khong sometimes

than into Laos across Thailand and into Cambodia and come back

a few days in Pattaya and maybe Bangkok on the way home

are u saying i need report to each place?

I did say it was not normally (or never in reality) enforced and described the basic requirements. I have never done one.