Emirati animal dealer wanted in Thailand

webfact

Emirati animal dealer wanted in Thailand
Vesela Todorova

DUBAI: -- A UAE national is still wanted in Thailand on suspicion of animal smuggling.

The man fled the country on May 23, 2011, 10 days after he was arrested at Suvarnabhumi Airport in Bangkok.

He was one of six people booked on a first-class flight from the Thai capital to Dubai. Among their baggage authorities found two suitcases containing drugged rare animals – four baby leopards, a sun bear, a monkey and a gibbon.

The animals are listed as protected species in Thailand and also require special permits under Cites.

The arrested Emirati, then aged 36, was released on bail and his passport was returned. He failed to report to the police officer in charge, and left Bangkok on a flight to the UAE.

The case was transferred to Thailand’s nature crimes police and a warrant was issued for his arrest. The case attracted considerable public attention in Thailand.

Maj Gen Kiattipong Khawsamang of the Thai police said the case and the arrest warrant remained active, and the man would be detained if he tried to enter Thailand again.

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Abu Dhabi said it was aware of the case but had no further comment.

Source: http://www.thenational.ae/uae/environment/emirati-animal-dealer-wanted-in-thailand

-- TheNational UAE 2014-08-27

How can you be under suspicion for animal smuggling if you have been arrested , how did he jump on a plane and disappear ,if you are under arrest you should be in jail, this is not a good look and why has the Thai Government not advised their counterparts in UAE about this person and either UAE or Thailand issue an international warrant for his arrest through Interpol, I am worried about Thailand, something so easy, yet nothing is done when there is so many avenues to pursue this Arsole bah.gif .

......this is their focus......1 foreigner.....

...while the elephants are almost extinct at the hands of locals.....

...not to mention the hundreds of other species that are poached....daily...by locals.....

...stop blaming foreigners for everything....and painting them like monsters in the media.....

...who do you think supplied him....

• Like 2

DUBAI: -- A UAE national is still wanted in Thailand on suspicion of animal smuggling.

"He was one of six people booked on a first-class flight from the Thai capital to Dubai. Among their baggage authorities found two suitcases containing drugged rare animals( Also known as the Shinawatras) and four baby leopards, a sun bear, a monkey, a gibbon and a blow up sex toy.wub.png

"The arrested Emirati, then aged 36, was released on bail and his passport was returned. He failed to report to the police officer in charge, and left Bangkok on a flight to the UAE." allegedly on a rare flying pig.giggle.gif

"The case was transferred to Thailand’s nature crimes police and a warrant was issued for his arrest. The case attracted considerable public attention in Thailand." for about one hundredth of a second.facepalm.gif

"Maj Gen Kiattipong Khawsamang of the Thai police said the case and the arrest warrant remained active, and the man would be detained if he tried to enter Thailand again." In the same way he was allowed to leave via flying pig.whistling.gif

"The Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Abu Dhabi said it was aware of the case but had no further comment." But went on to sing the final score of the HMS pinafore to the sound of a standing ovation.clap2.gif

Edited by Paulzed
  • Like 1

How can a person be arrested for what is a serious wildlife crime according to Thai law, then be released with his passport handed back and then be allowed to leave the country without being picked up at Immigration? Only one answer and one guess allowed.... Hint: the bail was not the only payment made. He is probably back in Thailand now organizing the next shipment.

Well they have no chance of getting 1 farang man out of Dubai - when they can't even do it with a Thai national! whistling.gif

The problem is Dr Lom, that he's not a farang, he's an Emirati, an Asian, probably an Arab and likely a wealthy one too.

Well they have no chance of getting 1 farang man out of Dubai - when they can't even do it with a Thai national! whistling.gif

He isn't a Farang (Caucasian Westerner); he's an Emirati and therefore a Khaek. For heaven's sake!

He isn't a Farang (Caucasian Westerner); he's an Emirati and therefore a Khaek. For heaven's sake!

Anybody not Thai is farang! .... Don't have to be Caucasian in modern day usage.

• Like 1

Chainarong, My dear friend, whoever you are. You are sooooo right in what you said in your comment. It says so much about Siam and what it's all about. This is one of the most blatantly disgusting stories I've heard about the operatives here in this country and how little masses of the country's people feel about anybody or anything other than themselves. It has gotten to the point where I, a farang, feel embarrassed to reply to the query of why do I enjoy residing in Thailand. To some extent I no longer do feel good about residing here. Everything is such a convoluted mess it becomes difficult to comprehend what is real and what is not. But, getting back to the issue of these poor innocent creatures of God, and the horrible ways in which they've been dealt with, it actually overwhelms me to the extent I cannot at present go on giving it thought. Sorry, but I must for now get off of here. I apologize for myself. Sorry. A deeply concerned individual. Jake

Anybody not Thai is farang! .... Don't have to be Caucasian in modern day usage.

Yes it does.

The Royal Institute dictionary defines it as "Person of White Race".

Let's not go down that road again.

• Like 2

They are strict on examining bags in Dubai as well, so he had to have either paid off someone at customs or be well connected.

Most likely this was a donation to the pet collection of what is called the world over "An influential person".

I.e. One of the ruling family.

• Like 1

Its a shame really, but locals in DXB are into this kind of thing. On Jumeriah beach road in DXB next to palm strip shopping mall there is a large villa with a big cage in the back full of leopards !. We were also in Jebel Ali village one friday and a local walked into the bar with a tiger on a steel chain ! These are not the kind of animals you can buy in the pet shop down the street. There are more wild animals around town than what they have in Dubai zoo !!!

Absolute nonsense. Farang always means Caucasian Westerner. Ask any Thai you dumb idiot!

• Like 2