Uk Visitors Visa Turnaround

Last year, using the drop box system, I got my girlfriend's 2nd visitor's visa in four days (second visa with some positive changes in her circumstances). Anyone able to comment on how long the new system actually takes from dropping of the doc's? There are no changes this time round in her circumstances.

Last year, using the drop box system, I got my girlfriend's 2nd visitor's visa in four days (second visa with some positive changes in her circumstances). Anyone able to comment on how long the new system actually takes from dropping of the doc's? There are no changes this time round in her circumstances.

well the news is out my g/f put doc's in last tuesday and got the call friday , raced across bkk to collect only to be 4 minutes late they wouldnt let her in even when she got a call asking if she was still picking her passport that day in front of the securty man at the door hehehe.

she been today and got the visa np cheers scouser for put us in the right direction :o

so in answer to your question it tuck only 4 days with no interview

CHADSTAR

when you hand in your docs they tell you 3-5 working days, we submitted our holiday visa application on a monday , then checked the online tracker everyday, the message changed to "ready for cllection " the following monday morning and we collected it monday afternoon.

P.S. you can only collect passports between 1500hrs and1630hrs.

• 2 weeks later...

Took the application in at 8.30am Monday, waited about fifteen minutes for the counter, and got her third tourist visa back on Wednesday afternoon.

Can't complain about that, but the person who checked the doc's over was a bit robotic and literal in ticking off the checklist could not get the fact that we had eight trips outside of Thailand together (two to the UK) and subsequent identical visa stamps was a much better proof of relationship that photos (which we did not bother with as they did not look at the set we took for the first interview). After explaining this he still wrote no evdience of relationship on the checklist paper but relented after another attempt at explanation with a redline under the evidence bit. Worried that the people at the embassy would no look any further but evidently they do have some form of intelligent life there.

The internet tracking is excellent BUT would be better if they added whether the visa was issue or rejected and not just that the passport is ready for collection - people on a tight time schedule could use the morning to get tickets etc if they were sure the visa was okay. BTW 3.00 pick-up is not literal and you can arrive earlier to pick up passports.